“Strictly Weekend”

Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre
Ranked #16 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
“Strictly Weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

We usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express at Salford Quays for our trips to events in Manchester. This time we opted to try a hotel in the city centre using Avios Points. We were not disappointed. The location was ideal for eating places, shopping and our evening at the phones 4u arena. All the staff were most helpful and it was good being able to leave luggage after vacating the room. The rooms were excellent and the breakfast very good. We would definitely use this hotel again

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Barbara M,

I am happy that you decided to stay at the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre. Our location and friendly staff are indeed our points of strength and make us one of the most popular hotels in the city centre.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards

Bob Fairweather

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

We were on a birthday weekend trip, staying close to the northern quarter which has some quirky bars.The rooms were spacious and clean and the bathroom had a separate shower/bath. The evening meal was overpriced, I ordered fish and chips which was very greasy but I couldn't fault the service. Jose the restaurant manager sent free cocktails for us all to toast my friends birthday. Miguel the waiter was very attentive and helpful.The reception staff provided us with brollies to use on our night out and provided us with extra milk and coffee for our room.I would recommend this hotel for an overnight stay and will definitely book here again

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
I am so pleased to hear that your friend had a memorable birthday with us and that you all enjoyed the service in all areas here at the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre.
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences here. Your lovely comments about our staff will be certainly shared with the team.

I hope we will be welcoming you all back soon.

Best Regards

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

This is your standard safe bet corporate hotel. Nothing is going to get you excited or surprise you here. If you want a known commodity in a central location this place fits the bill. Main drawbacks are a (reportedly) average restaurant and small gym room with no pool

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel.
We value all guests’ feedback as they help us to constantly improve our service. I will be more than happy to pass your comments on to the team here at the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Thank you again.

Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

I came to stay for 1 night its the first time ive used the crown plaza, I would deffinately reccomend to use this hotel, from the bar staff to restaurant and the reception staff they were beyond , so good with us made a good impression, and very pleasent people. Really nice inside very clean and beds were very comphy. I would definately come back here :-)

Dear Leanne E,
thank you for your lovely review!!
I am glad that you chose the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre for your first time with one of the hotels of the IHG chain, and that your visit lived up to expectations.
Your comments about the hotel and staff are very kind, thank you.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Regards

Worksop, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

This visit here was lovely. It was better than expected as the last Crowne Plaza I stayed in was not in my opinion up to standard and so that was what I was expecting this time.

Reception staff were wonderful and helpful, very friendly, although did forget to tell us details of breakfast.

Room 726 - 2x double beds. Very clean, newly decorated bathroom by the looks of it, slightly too dark for my liking and some noise from the lifts at night although it didn't bother us too much as it wasn't ridiculously loud. Bed was very comfortable this time(not like at the one in Marlowe) and as both my friend and I have very bad backs this is important to us

Parking is opposite and costs £9.50 per 24 hours if booked at the hotel.

Breakfast was brilliant and the head waiter was very attentive. Buffet breakfast but there was everything you could have desired. We stayed on a weekend and breakfast on the Saturday was 7-11am which is more than fair.

Booked on booking.com for £102 inc breakfast so I thought this was well worth the money

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

I am really happy to read that we exceeded your expectations and that you had a great time with your friends here at the Crowne Plaza.
I would like to thank you for your comments about our staff, I will pass them on to all teams involved.

I hope that we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Best Regards

Westborough, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

The decor is nice and modern. The beds were comfy. The view from our room was mostly of a roof and a wall, not too much to see there. The cleanliness and the staffing is average, some are better than others. The room was clean but the shower tile grout was moldy in the corner (you'll be surprised how often you see that if you look) and some grout was missing. The phones originally did not work which the staff was unaware of and told my business caller that the phone was busy. After informing them of the issue they attempted to fix it and then one of the 2 phones in the room functioned passably after that. The wi-fi was very slow. I got speedier service at the Starbucks down the street. The downstairs restaurant is hit and miss. It has some very good lamb, but the fish wasn't as good, fishy and fried too crisp. The desserts were decent. The location is good. It's near the northern quarter which has a lot of quirky shops and little eateries, and is also near a lot of big mall shopping. The biggest issues were the phone and the extremely poor wi-fi. This was a business trip and the check-in staff knew that.

Room Tip: if you're concerned about your view, ask to take a look first. You may also want to ask if any...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Guest,
thank you so much for your comments and for getting in touch with our Guest Relations Team at the hotel.
I was sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced during your stay here, but I hope I will be able to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards

Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed here at the beginning of December to enjoy the Manchester Christmas Markets and to go to a gig at The Ritz and again at the end of January to go to a gig at Academy 2.
Great hotel, the beds are SO comfortable! Had room 303 in December and 106 in January, both were very clean, with separate bath and shower, flat screen tv, tea/coffee making facilities, and really close to the Arndale Centre and the Printworks, 5 mins walking if that!
The staff are awesome, especially the reception/concierge staff, nothing is too much for them, asked for a couple of extra tea bags as I like a lot of tea and about 6 were brought up to the room straight away, no fuss! Breakfast is fantastic, restaurant has a lovely atmosphere and the food is top notch.
I will always use this hotel chain wherever possible, I've even joined the IHG Rewards club now!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Thank you so much for such a lovely review. I really appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback and I am thrilled that you have enjoyed your experiences at the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre.
I am pleased to read that you found the bed to be so comfortable, we do get many compliments on the comfort of our beds, as well as on the facilities and amenities of the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back soon.