“One for the girls”

Ranked #16 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Ferryhill
“One for the girls”
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a friends hen do, it is in a great location in the centre of Manchester, staff were friendly and the rooms spacious and clean, we got a deal where you go the room and evening meal, I have to say that the restaurant was great with Asian fusion foods that was great. I would highly recommend this hotel and restaurant

• Stayed July 2013
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your stay here at the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre.
We are delighted to hear that you and your friends had a memorable visit and intend to recommend our hotel and restaurant.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards

Bob Fairweather

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Staveley
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Excellent, clean rooms on the IHG Rewards Floor with really good beds, decor and bathrooms, good breakfast, excellent concierge and city centre location. Overnight NCP car parking within 50 metres costs £15/night. The bar is a bit soulless but the club lounge is very good. No need to say any more!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Many thanks for taking the time to write this great review - I am delighted that you had a terrific time at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre. Your comments about the staff are most kind, and I'll be sure to pass them on to the team.

I hope we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards

Oakham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed here on business.Room looked very modern & newly refurbished. Bathroom immaculate & clean. Bed was very comfortable - one of the best nights sleep in a hotel ever. Breakfast was included & good choice of cooked & continental available. Staff friendly & welcoming & offered to book nearby restaurants. Location is convenient. Parking nearby at concessionary rates at two close carparks, although no parking at the hote;

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your very kind feedback, we very much appreciate you taking the time to complete your comments on www.tripadvisor.com. I am thrilled that you had a great stay with us, enjoyed your night's sleep and our delicious breakfast in the morning.

We hope to see you here again soon!

Best Regards

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Came here with my partner for Valentines day- a standard queen room cost me £129.00 including breakfast.
It was the second time I've stayed at this hotel, I believe we were in a Club room before as this room was a lot smaller than the one we had. Room was lovely and tidy, only thing that I think they should do is spruce the room up a little bit for couples on Valentines day, I did ask how much it would cost and they told me it would cost £30.00 extra, but I think it should have just been a complimentary thing for the evening, especially for the price you pay to stay. Bed was very comfortable and it was great to have air conditioning
It is a nice location and the staff are very professional and friendly and seemed very happy to help. The breakfast staff were also lovely the next morning and the food was great.
It's a lovely hotel and I would go back again and would recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
I am happy to hear that you chose the Crowne Plaza Manchester for your stay on Valentine's day, thank you very much for your kind comments.
Also, I am pleased to read that you found the bed to be so comfortable, we do get many compliments on the comfort of our beds!

I will pass your comments on to all staff here at the hotel.

Thank you again, I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kindest Regards

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel several times and on this occasion I had booked a Club Room Deluxe. When arrived was given a 1st floor room but toilet seat was broke and cracked I felt room was smaller and no different to a normal Club Room and there was no view and looked out over a flat roof disappointing as room is more expensive than a normal club room the room was in a separate corridor with only 2 rooms and draft excluder was hanging off door frame just looked like no upkeep is taking place. I Spoke to reception staff who were ver helpful offered to move me I told them just give me a normal club room which they did it was just ok room was at back of hotel so quieter but room was very dark as it only had a small window which looked directly onto floors on hotel behind what was strange is that the curtain covered whole wall even though window was quite small compared to front of hotel also plugs in the room 1 was completely smashed in below bench at side of bed if you had young children with you could easily crawl under and potentially electrocute themselves just feel hotel is slipping and not what I expect from the Crown Plaza brand I don't consider myself a difficult traveller and just look for basic things I will be considering staying in another hotel on my next visit.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank neil c
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Dear neil c,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. It is disappointing to know you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and regrettable the room you received did not live up to your expectations. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope that you will consider us again on your future travels.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Excellent location for the Printworks, shopping, the northern quarter etc For £9 (outdoor) ot £12 (indoor) you can book 24 hours car parking at the desk, which is a good deal ! Breakfast superb as are the rooms, modern, stylish decor + super-comfortable. The only issues which would prevent me giving it 5 stars are the price (little bit expensive) and also we mentioned to the desk there had been an unusual mumbling, mechanical sound all night from our room, upper floors at the rear, not sure if it was air con, heating system, pipes etc or maybe building site next door, desk were very polite and said were glad we'd brought it to their attention but they couldn't offer an explanation ?

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
We very much appreciate you taking the time to complete your comments on www.tripadvisor.com, It helps us enormously to maintain our standards.
Thank you for all of your comments and constructive feedback. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your nights' sleep.
If you would like to discuss your feedback in further detail, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly at guest.relations@cpmanchester.com, our Guest Relations Team will be happy to help.

Thank you again.

Best Regards

Msida
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We spent 3 nights at this hotel - check in was quick and easy and the staff in the reception area were extremely helpful and accommodating. On the second day, we asked for extra tea and toiletries in the room and we also had an issue with one of the spot lights in the wardrobe (which we couldn't switch off) and they immediately sent someone to fix the light and to give us the extra things.

The room we were in was a twin room and was spacious enough for 3 people and very clean. They cleaned the room every day and we always found fresh towels available when we returned to the room in the evening. Beds are very comfortable too!

The hotel is situated in an ideal location, only a few minutes away on foot from Arndale Shopping Center and from Market Street. You can get to the hotel easily by taking the train to Piccadilly from the Airport and then the metro link (tram) to Shudehill. A single ride with no return on the tram costs 1.20GBP during off peak hours. Very cheap and convenient. The tram passes through market street so if you're in Manchester to shop, you don't need to carry your bags on foot, you can just hop onto a tram to the hotel.

The breakfast area is spacious enough and is served in the Glass House restaurant on ground floor. You can choose to have bread, croissants, fruit, cereal, bacon, sausages, baked beans, potatoes, eggs and much more. There's nothing like a good traditional English buffet breakfast in the morning! The staff working in the breakfast lounge are very friendly and will cater to your every whim.

At the top of our list of complaints was the internet connection. Our room was located on floor 6 and we didn't have a decent wifi connection. To get a decent wifi connection you have to pay for premium access. This was very disappointing! With the free wifi provided you can only check your emails and browse a little. Forget watching any youtube videos.

Overall, we had a pleasant stay but if I were to go back to Manchester, I don't think I'd stay at the Crowne Plaza, mostly because when I travel I need a good internet connection and I couldn't get one here.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank gudida82
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the hotel, we greatly appreciate your feedback as it helps us to maintain our standards.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay on some aspects but, on another note, sad that you could not make use of the internet facilities as much as you would have liked.

Our Guest Relations Team is available to assist, we would very much like to have you here with us again. The email address of our guest relations team is guest.relations@cpmanchester.com.
They look forward to assisting you.

Best regards