“You MUST Try The Chocolate Crème Brule”

Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre
Ranked #16 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“You MUST Try The Chocolate Crème Brule”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I stayed here for my fiances birthday. I had contacted the hotel before hand to advise of the occasion and when we checked in we had a lovely bottle of wine and a card :) Many thanks CP!
We stayed in one of the club style rooms. Everything was perfect, the bed is one of the comfiest I've slept in! Bathroom a really good size. My only downside is the shower. It was TINY! My other half is tall and his head was touching the room! As for trying to wash your hair, it was a challenge to even try to maneuver to do this! There was a bath but perhaps it would be better if they included a shower over the bath or took the bath out and put in a big walk in shower instead?
As we were in the club rooms we had access to the executive lounge. Please be aware the lounge is very small. We got there about 6:30pm there were no seats and no nibbles etc left so we walked in and then back out again.
We did eat at the hotel. The food is fantastic! The antipasti starter was delicious but oh-my-god PLEASE do not take the chocolate creme brule off the menu! It arrived it looks like a hot chocolate but oh my god! Its a chocoholics dream!
Overall a fantastic stay and i would definitely consider this next time I'm down in Manchester.

Room Tip: Club rooms are worth the extra!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laurenza88
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent stay here at the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre. We are delighted to hear that you had a memorable visit and enjoyed so much the food in our restaurant.

I have passed your comments on to the Executive Chef who was very happy to hear you enjoyed his creme brule.

I look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel soon.

Bob Fairweather

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Co Durham, uk
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a birthday night getaway and it was the perfect place. We stayed in a deluxe king room (804) with access to the club lounge. Our room was beautiful with gorgeous bedding and deco. The bathroom is compact but has everything you need and again is very modern. The check in ladies were excellent and told me all about the hotel and the facilities. The hotels location is fab, just next to shudhill station and about two minute walk to the centre of the city. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review.
I was delighted to read your positive comments about your experiences at the hotel especially around the excellent service that you encountered. Please be assured that all comments we receive at the Hotel are shared with the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back on the next occasion that you are in Manchester.

Regards

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

A visit to Manchester was required as a mixture of business and pleasure and an overnight stay was needed in the city centre. I chose this hotel as I was going to see Michael Buble at the Arena in the evening and this hotel is very convenient for the venue. My husband and I arrived at a busy traffic time and not knowing the area we used the valet parking service (recommended!!). The check in staff were very helpful and friendly. Our room was on the 7th floor and included all the usual amenities one would expect. A lovely queen sized comfy bed ensured a good nights sleep...Breakfast was only ok - I have had better and I have had worse - not a great selection and not very hot. Check out was easy and the car was brought round to the front of the hotel when requested.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Many thanks for taking the time to write your review - I am delighted that you and your husband had a good time at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre. Your comments about the staff are most kind, and I'll be sure to pass them on to the team.
Also, I am sorry to hear that our breakfast was not up to standards, I will pass your comments on to our Executive Chef and action will be taken.

I hope we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 1 night as part of a birthday present for my boyfriend. We stayed in a standard queen non-smoking room on the fifth floor which was spotless.
I was very impressed with the attention to detail in the room, some little chocolates left on the table, glasses in the bathroom and on the table with water, proper tea and coffee with biscuits too, pen and paper, a guide to the city, menus, hair-dryer and a few toiletries (with a note saying you could ring reception and ask for extra). There is even an ironing board and iron stored away should you need it! The whole wall was top to bottom windows so we had a great city view, the décor is modern with a seat at the desk in addition to a lovely modern comfy chair and stool for relaxing and enjoying the view. Bathroom was just as spotless as the room, bathrobes and slippers, a bath and separate shower and again very modern. The bed was amazing! Very spacious and incredibly comfy and no problem with pillows! We had 4 VERY plump pillows as well as 2 big decorative cushions. The rooms are very quiet and we didn't hear a peep from any other guest day or night (although I can assure you the hotel had lots of guests!).
The check-in was slightly slow but through no fault of the staff as the system had to be restarted and the lady was very apologetic about it. The staff we're lovely and helpful and very polite wishing us a good evening as we left.
No complaints whatsoever with this hotel, beautiful spotless room, lovely staff and a nice location for city breaks.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your lovely review. It is a great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre.
Also, thank you for your very positive feedback on the room facilities and the staff, I will certainly pass your comments on to all involved.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards

Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I booked this hotel for a weekend away for my girlfriends 21st. I booked it well in advance and I got a really good price for a standard room. After arriving in Manchester and parking (which the hotel have a discount on the NCP car park over the road) we got into the hotel late. The hotel is centrally located and is on a main bus route and is within walking distance of The Printworks which is full of bars and restaurants. Whilst checking in, we were greeted by friendly staff and was we were upgraded to a Club room (Bigger beds, brighter rooms, bathrobe and slippers) which I was really pleased about and was well deserved after driving on a friday evening from Birmingham. We had a drink in the hotel bar which was averagely priced but set a nice modern relaxed feel.
Overall, although we were only there for the night, the stay was brilliant and really made the weekend away and I would highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto the Tripadvisor website following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Manchester. I am delighted that you and your girlfriend chose the Crowne Plaza for her birthdayt and enjoyed your experience at the hotel.
Thank you for all your kind feedback on the hotel staff, I'll be happy to pass them on to them.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

staffordshire
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed here with my parents for two nights last weekend. Sadly ,when we went to our rooms we found the one room which I was going to share with my Mum ( as my dad was only staying the one night ) had a double bed. My mum is disabled and needed a wet room/ bathroom and after calling reception to see if we could change rooms, we were told they only have wet rooms with double beds. This is a shame, although the room was lovely and the bed very comfy. The rest of the hotel was lovely and as we arrived late on the Friday night we decided to eat our evening meal at the hotel. We all had a set menu which was an absolute bargain at £20.00 a head for 3 courses and a glass of wine ! The service was excellent and the food was really lovely and very filling. We arrived for breakfast the next morning and met with the Head of Service. My Dad is hard of hearing and he making general inquiries and repeated himself a couple of times . Sadly the Head of Service became very petulant and rude and with a very raised and impatient voice level said ' Sir I just need your room number ! '' Thankfully my Dad did not hear him but my Mum and I felt very offended....... Breakfast we felt was good apart from the scrambled eggs we ordered. The rest of the hotel staff were lovely, very friendly and accommodating. We had a bar meal in the evening before going off to our concert which was again really nice and very reasonably priced . Breakfast the next morning we did not initially see the Head of Service we had the previous day but he later showed another couple to their table next to where we were sitting and he explained the menu and service to the wife of the couple. The husband had not heard him properly and yet again this same man raised his voice with this gentleman and said '' Sir ! i have just explained all of this to your wife !'' ......... Not at all good........ The location of the hotel was perfect for us for shopping and close to the O2 arena. I would come again and would recommend this hotel to others just some staff training required in manners for that one member of staff.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
At the Crowne Plaza Manchester, we appreciate all of our guests, especially those that take time out of their busy day to write a review about their stay. Reviews from our guests, be they good or bad, help us gauge what we are doing well and what we need to improve on.
I have taken into consideration your very helpful comments and will address them to the the staff involved.
I apologize for any inconvenient situation you have experienced during your stay, but I am glad to know that you will come back to visit us.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards

Norttinghamshire
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

The accommodation is comfortable staff very nice and friendly but unfortunately the breakfast let it down, we were there on a Sunday morning the restaurant was very busy, it was chaos! There didn't seem to be many staff, the poor things were running around like headless chickens, I had a hair in my mushrooms, my sister had one on her toast and in her tea and the scrambled eggs were inedible, grey with burnt bits (yuk) we complained and they were very apologetic, I won't stay here again, sorry.

Stayed March 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear MaxyNottinghamshire,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are so pleased you liked the friendliness of our staff. Please allow us to apologize you were not satisfied with our breakfast selections. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M