Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre
PremierInn.com
US$142
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Travelodge Manchester Central(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$63
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
2,675 results
All reviewsthe club loungenorthern quartercity centrebooked a club roommen arenabath and separate showertwo double bedsprint worksfloor to ceiling windowscar parkcontinental breakfastlovely hotelbars and restaurantsvictoria stationstandard roomfew minutes walkmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights between the 3rd and 5th March 2014 and we were in Room 825.
The Hotel is well located in the City Centre and there are good parking positions around the Hotel with the Reception giving you a number of options ranging from Valet Parking to the open air parking straight across the road from the Hotel itself. The reception Staff were very helpful on Check in and informative of all that was on offer.
Our room was good and had all the amenities that you would expect in a Club Room. The shower itself was a little dissapointing as it was quite underpowered but the whole room was well maintained.
We availed ourselves of the Club Lounge and found the staff working in that area really great, friendly and helpful. During the evening, they serve you drinks as you want them. We found that at this Hotel the lounge shut completely at 10pm.This was not our normal experience with such lounges so if you wish a coffee after a night out you will be dissapointed.
Actually, the coffee machine itself in the lounge has seen better days and was not the best. They did have flask coffee available which was better.
We found that the Wifi provided at this Hotel was not the best, very slow unless you upgraded to premium services. This again is not the case with other Hotels in this chain. However it was adequate for light useage but for business it is rather dissapointing.
We found it only a short walk into the City centre area itself which has a great vibe. That being the case we did not eat in the Hotel apart from the Club Lounge Breakfast which again was good with a reasonable continental offering which is what we like.
We would use this again and this is a reasonable choice when visiting the City.

Room Tip: 825 has the view blocked by the Holiday Inn nearby. Bare this in mind but still a good room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear Guest,

We really appreciate receiving such a detailed review following your experience at the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre.
Needless to say, I was delighted to read your comments about the staff welcome, the room amenities, and I look forward to sharing this great feedback with all of the team.

I am sorry if you encountered some issues with the WiFi connection and the coffee in the Club Lounge was not up to standard.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon at the hotel.

Best Regards

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I stayed here for my fiances birthday. I had contacted the hotel before hand to advise of the occasion and when we checked in we had a lovely bottle of wine and a card :) Many thanks CP!
We stayed in one of the club style rooms. Everything was perfect, the bed is one of the comfiest I've slept in! Bathroom a really good size. My only downside is the shower. It was TINY! My other half is tall and his head was touching the room! As for trying to wash your hair, it was a challenge to even try to maneuver to do this! There was a bath but perhaps it would be better if they included a shower over the bath or took the bath out and put in a big walk in shower instead?
As we were in the club rooms we had access to the executive lounge. Please be aware the lounge is very small. We got there about 6:30pm there were no seats and no nibbles etc left so we walked in and then back out again.
We did eat at the hotel. The food is fantastic! The antipasti starter was delicious but oh-my-god PLEASE do not take the chocolate creme brule off the menu! It arrived it looks like a hot chocolate but oh my god! Its a chocoholics dream!
Overall a fantastic stay and i would definitely consider this next time I'm down in Manchester.

Room Tip: Club rooms are worth the extra!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laurenza88

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent stay here at the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre. We are delighted to hear that you had a memorable visit and enjoyed so much the food in our restaurant.

I have passed your comments on to the Executive Chef who was very happy to hear you enjoyed his creme brule.

I look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 12 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a birthday night getaway and it was the perfect place. We stayed in a deluxe king room (804) with access to the club lounge. Our room was beautiful with gorgeous bedding and deco. The bathroom is compact but has everything you need and again is very modern. The check in ladies were excellent and told me all about the hotel and the facilities. The hotels location is fab, just next to shudhill station and about two minute walk to the centre of the city. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review.
I was delighted to read your positive comments about your experiences at the hotel especially around the excellent service that you encountered. Please be assured that all comments we receive at the Hotel are shared with the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back on the next occasion that you are in Manchester.

Regards

Reviewed 11 March 2014

A visit to Manchester was required as a mixture of business and pleasure and an overnight stay was needed in the city centre. I chose this hotel as I was going to see Michael Buble at the Arena in the evening and this hotel is very convenient for the venue. My husband and I arrived at a busy traffic time and not knowing the area we used the valet parking service (recommended!!). The check in staff were very helpful and friendly. Our room was on the 7th floor and included all the usual amenities one would expect. A lovely queen sized comfy bed ensured a good nights sleep...Breakfast was only ok - I have had better and I have had worse - not a great selection and not very hot. Check out was easy and the car was brought round to the front of the hotel when requested.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review - I am delighted that you and your husband had a good time at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre. Your comments about the staff are most kind, and I'll be sure to pass them on to the team.
Also, I am sorry to hear that our breakfast was not up to standards, I will pass your comments on to our Executive Chef and action will be taken.

I hope we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 1 night as part of a birthday present for my boyfriend. We stayed in a standard queen non-smoking room on the fifth floor which was spotless.
I was very impressed with the attention to detail in the room, some little chocolates left on the table, glasses in the bathroom and on the table with water, proper tea and coffee with biscuits too, pen and paper, a guide to the city, menus, hair-dryer and a few toiletries (with a note saying you could ring reception and ask for extra). There is even an ironing board and iron stored away should you need it! The whole wall was top to bottom windows so we had a great city view, the décor is modern with a seat at the desk in addition to a lovely modern comfy chair and stool for relaxing and enjoying the view. Bathroom was just as spotless as the room, bathrobes and slippers, a bath and separate shower and again very modern. The bed was amazing! Very spacious and incredibly comfy and no problem with pillows! We had 4 VERY plump pillows as well as 2 big decorative cushions. The rooms are very quiet and we didn't hear a peep from any other guest day or night (although I can assure you the hotel had lots of guests!).
The check-in was slightly slow but through no fault of the staff as the system had to be restarted and the lady was very apologetic about it. The staff we're lovely and helpful and very polite wishing us a good evening as we left.
No complaints whatsoever with this hotel, beautiful spotless room, lovely staff and a nice location for city breaks.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your lovely review. It is a great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre.
Also, thank you for your very positive feedback on the room facilities and the staff, I will certainly pass your comments on to all involved.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards