Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre
  • Free Internet
Abel Heywood(Manchester)
  • Pool
2,677 results
All reviewsthe club loungenorthern quartercity centrebooked a club roommen arenabath and separate showertwo double bedsprint worksfloor to ceiling windowscar parkcontinental breakfastlovely hotelbars and restaurantsvictoria stationstandard roomfew minutes walkmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 May 2014

From the courtesy parking of the car to the quality of the fittings in the room, everything was excellent.

We were only here for one night but will definitely come back, not least for the excellent atmosphere in the restaurants in teh Northern quarter.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Thank you for your review following your recent stay. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your visit and I will ensure that your very good comments are passed on to all staff here at the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you soon.

Best regards

Reviewed 19 May 2014

one night stay, upgraded to the top floor with great views over Manchester and the new Coop award winning building. The rooms were top quality especially the bed quality & pillows.
The location was perfect close to buses & trams just over the road. There is a new car park opposite the hotel rather than at the Printworks.
Breakfast was good could do more for diabetics with more sugar free options.

Room Tip: High floor for the views facing west
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you very much for this great review of the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed one of our Club Rooms with its views.
I will make sure your feedback in regards to sugar free options at breakfast is passed on to our Executive Chef.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The hotel is set in a great position near the northern quarter and printworks. We took a £5 taxi ride to get from piccadilly station as we had lots of lugggage. We were met at the door by a charming trainee doorman who offered to carry our bags. All of the staff were very friendly including the receptionist who sorted out our complex large booking. The hotel has a modern interior with modern touches throughout. We had an amazing room with two double beds and loads of space. A shame there wasn't much light as this don't help when applying make up. We had a sandwich in the cafe area downstairs, this was OK but nothing special! We will be back to the hotel but will continue to eat at the reasonably priced cafe next door!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our property. Our efforts are always to ensure our guests are satisfied and our hotel is maintained to be comfortable while you are with us. It is great to know you liked the service delivered by our staff. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide.

Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards

General manager

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed 1 night with my daughter as we were attending a function nearby. What a wonderful surprise staff 1st class,very friendly.
I myself run a small Hotel so i do tend to compare.
Couldn't fault a thing.Rooms excellent very clean and spacious.
Breakfast great and the staff throughout the Hotel were all courteous.
I Would highly recommend to anyone wanting a central Hotel in the heart of the city.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
I am delighted that you chose the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre for your recent stay. Thank you for your kind comments on the hotel staff, these will be passed on to everyone.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Good location, great decor, lovely rooms, very comfortable bed and pillows, good quality toiletries, good bar area.

No parking on site but when I rang was told print works was a short walk away. Used this for 4 nights was £15 over night, expensive in my opinion. On check out my colleague was offered a discount on parking I was not.

I booked well in advance and paid £134 a night (currently a gold IHG member) my colleague who is not a member paid less than £100 a night booked a couple of weeks ago. This system seems to favour those who book late and hardly seems fair, I told the receptionist so and got the brush off.

I settled my bill before breakfast to save time whilst waiting for a colleague to join me. I then had to pay separately for breakfast as the receptionist had not checked if I was going to have breakfast that morning or not.

On a plus point as a gold member I got 20% off food and drink whilst staying. They also had a 3 course meal with a glass of wine for £19.99. Good value and the standard of food was good.

Used room service and that was prompt and food of the same quality as served in the restaurant with a £3.50 charge.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear valued IHG member,
Thank you for all of your comments and constructive feedback, it really helps us to maintain our standards and focus on areas that we need to improve. I was sorry to hear that you have not been offered the discount on the car park and that you had not been asked if you were going to have breakfast on the last day. These comments will be passed on to the Front of House Manager and I can assure you the matter will be looked at closely.

I trust the Crowne Plaza will be the hotel of your choice when your travel plans bring you to Manchester again. Please email our Guest Relations department at guest.relations@cpmanchester.com and our team will be happy to assist further.

I look forward to welcoming you soon.

Kind Regards