Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre
US$118
  • Restaurant
Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$101
US$94
US$130
US$120
  • Room Service
Princess St. Hotel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$117
  • Pool
US$141
US$129
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Manchester Central Arena(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$52
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
2,675 results
All reviewsthe club loungenorthern quartercity centrebooked a club roommen arenabath and separate showertwo double bedsprint worksfloor to ceiling windowscar parkcontinental breakfastlovely hotelbars and restaurantsvictoria stationstandard roomfew minutes walkmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The hotel is easy to find - and the recommended NCP car park is only a few yards away.
Perhaps just outside the really prime area of the City - but walk a couple of hundred yards and you are there.
The A/C in our room had been turned off (it doesn't work on the room key device - this just turns the lights on and off) and the room had been in strong sun all day. It took several hours for the A/C to take control, but after this it worked efficiently.
Good bathroom and I think the rooms must have all been refurbished reasonably recently. we didn't have to queue for breakfast - but the table and chairs had been rammed in to the extent that it was sometimes hard to walk from the table to the buffet area. They need to remove one line of tables so that there is a walkway!
Efficient, quick reception. Better than the average "business" hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns and compliments regarding our hotel. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here three times on recent visits to my home city of Manchester. Good value, great service, nice rooms, excellent location, lovely food. Well worth a visit. Parking allowed in large car park opposite hotel. Nice little lounge that serves cocktails and a very nice Bellini! Enjoy!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SuzieL25
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your kind comments. I am really happy to hear that you choose us when staying in Manchester.
The whole team here at the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre will be looking forward to welcoming you soon when your travel plans bring you to Manchester again.

Kind regards

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Whether for business or pleasuere this Hotel is a must visit. Situated on the fringe of the vibrant Manchester City Centre this Hotel offers all you could possibly need. Close to major attractions yet within easy reach of the Motorway Network, Victoria Station and either Old Trafford or The Etihad Stadium.
The hotel itself offers no parking but there are plenty parking facilities mere yards from the Hotel.
Inside the Hotel the staff are very special and make your stay so memorable - especially Joel in Hostpitality Lounge - A Club Lounge on the Eight Floor is a delight for Executive Club Members.
A great place to relax after a long day in the office. Must visit!

Quality Food and Beverage at reasonable rates for a quality Hotel make this a delight to stay in.

Special thanks also to Miguel, forever helpful and Lauren the delightful Receptionist.

I have no hesitation in recommending this Hotel be it for Business or undoubted Pleasure.

My sincere thanks.

Room Tip: I have stayed in a number of rooms and all were delightful.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

My sincere thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay at the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre. Needless to say, I was delighted to read your comments about the staff, the service and the food, and I look forward to sharing this great feedback with all of the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon at the hotel.

Kind regards

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Crown Plaza whilst in Manchester watching katy perry. we had booked two rooms on arrival we could t get rooms together which was slightly disappointing but wasn't to bother until we tried to get from our four floor room up to the other and had to wait 15mins for the lift to do its journeys down before picking us up. The first room we enter was beautiful also overlooked manchester and we were very pleased but the second room was a let down it was a wet room so only had a walk in shower which wasn't really appropriate for us and the second room didn't have much of a view. Didn't spend to much time in the hotel which was a good thing.. the room was £120 which I thought was steep for just a room. staff were friendly and location of the hotel was brilliant but I stayed in the ibis last time I was in Manchester and would go back to the ibis if ever stayed in Manchester again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank cms_1990
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback.

I am saddened to read your review and I am very sorry that you did not have a positive visit.

We receive a lot of complimentary comments regarding our hotel and I am sorry to learn that on your visit that you did not experience their service and I sincerely apologise for this.

Please be assured that all comments we receive here at the Hotel are reviewed and acted upon so that we can improve our products and services we offer to our guest. Therefore we will certainly be reviewing your comments. I can assure you that you have not experienced our ordinarily high standards of service and I do hope that you have a change of heart and that you are able to visit us once again.

Bob Fairweather.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed here in May to watch a show at the apollo. It's in a good location, very close to he city centre where the shopping centre and restaurants are plentiful.

The General appearance of he rooms were good. Not pleased that the fridge was not already open and you have to request to use it. The bed was very comfortable but the air on would not go lower than 19deg. You cannot open a window so you are reliant on the air con to cool the room down.

The restaurant and bar were ok. We did not have dinner there but breakfast was excellent.

Overall, it's a nice hotel. Only reason I am not giving top marks was because the staff on the day were not very welcoming on the day, however we have had an apology for this from the general manager and I'm sure it future stays will be better .

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

We very much appreciate you taking the time to complete your comments on www.tripadvisor.com. It helps us enormously to maintain our standards. I am pleased you enjoyed the hotel however once again please accept our apologies for the welcome you experienced. This is not exemplar of the usual high standards of service we set ourselves and provide. Please rest assured your comments are important to us and will be shared and reviewed with the team.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.