“Business class”

Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre
Ranked #16 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Business class service from reception and restaurant.
Shudhill tram and bus station a 2 minute walk to get you to most places. The Arndale shopping center is very close by. Car park on the corner of Addington St and Rochdale Road is a minutes walk away and £4 for 12 hrs and £5 for 24hrs. Had breakfast but not dinner or drinks in the hotel but only because meeting colleagues in town. Breakfast was very decent. Lifts seemed a little slow one morning probable I need to slow down sometimes.

Room Tip: On the 4th floor in room 403 very good and no noise problems, from inside or outside the hotel, when...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza for your visit to Manchester. We very much appreciate you taking the time to complete your comments on www.tripadvisor.com. We are delighted to know you have enjoyed your stay and thank you for sharing your very kind feedback. We apologize for the slow elevators, I have passed on your feedback to the rest of the team to ensure you don't encounter the problem on your next stay.
We hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards,

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I have just returned from a visit, with friends, to The manchester Arena, to see The eagles, we decided to stay overnight as a small treat, and can honestly say we are glad we did. This hotel is just right for this type of occasion. Easy parking, (just across the street), very helpful staff, and a great nights sleep. One of the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever had. The breakfast in the morning was good, again with very pleasant and helpful staff. My one gripe is that after the concert we decided to go back to the hotel for a drink, and there was a decided lack of bar staff. Initially 2, but soon deceased to just 1, there were a lot of not happy customers!

Room Tip: We sayer on Level 8, it is well worth the upgrade
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the hotel, we greatly appreciate your feedback as it helps us to maintain our standards. I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize for the negative experience you have encountered at the bar, I can assure you that you have not experienced our ordinarily high standards of service and I do hope that you are able to visit us once again.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre in the future.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Excellent city centre hotel within walking distance of Phones 4u (formerly MEN) arena. Also a very short walk to pick up the metroshuttle which is a free bus service linking the main rail stations, car parks, shopping areas and businesses in Manchester city centre. We used the Metroshuttle 2 to take us to the Coronation Street tour.

We ate both days in the Glasshouse restaurant and the food was delicious.

The hotel room had 2 double beds which were extremely comfortable. The bathroom had a shower cubicle, a sink and a bath. The shower was good except it is a tight squeeze getting in and out of the door because of the design of it. Towels were large.

The hotel room was on 4th floor and is the quietest I have ever stayed in as no noise from other guests or from traffic.

Reception staff were helpful and friendly.

Would definitely stay here again and highly recommend.

1  Thank Scottishlassie69

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza for your visit to Manchester. I was delighted to read your review. We very much appreciate you taking the time to complete such detailed feedback on www.tripadvisor.com and I was so pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us. I do apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with the shower, I will make sure your feedback will be passed on to the rest of the team.
We very much hope to welcome you back soon.
Kind Regards
Bob Fairweather.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Have never stayed in a Crowne Plaza before so didn't know what to expect. Our room had two double beds and a very nice bathroom, staff were pleasant and helpful and the location was perfect for our shopping trip as it was a short stroll to the Arndale Centre and other shops and was also conveniently located for restaurants and bars. Getting there from both Victoria and Piccadilly train stations was easy too. Although the hotel was a reasonable size and seemed busy it was quiet (no doors closing, people talking etc) for sleep. The only downside for me personally was the bedding - lumpy pillows and duvet were not conducive to great sleep hence losing a star in the rating, but this is just personal taste. Would I stay there again? - YES!

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor at the side of the building which meant hardly any traffic noise and was ac...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza for your visit to Manchester. I was delighted to read your review. We very much appreciate you taking the time to complete such detailed feedback on www.tripadvisor.com and I was so pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us. I am sorry though that the pillows and duvet were not to your liking. I will ensure your kind comments are shares with the team.
We very much hope to welcome you back next time.
Kind Regards
Bob Fairweather.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

The best aspect of this hotel is the staff, who are friendly and helpful. The rooms are small - the corridors are wide so it seems odd to make the corridors so wide and the rooms small and crowded. The location is not great - a taxi ride or free shuttle to the locations tourists want to go to.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your review. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed interacting with our staff. I will make sure your comments are passed on to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 June 2014

During the last year I have had many hotel nights but this was my first Crowne Plaza experience. I spent one night in this modern hotel, and had a nicely decorated Clubroom with lounge access. The location of the hotel is good, and you can even have a walk to Piccadilly railway station. My room was spacious, clean and very nice bathroom with high quality amenities. Also staff in the reception was very professional and polite, and almost friendly. I paid my invoice in advance and for this first time I was asked to have 50 pound extra to cover potential costs of drinks and food during my stay in hotel. This was new for me. Free WiFi was rather slow, and unfortunately I did not received promised continental breakfast in the lounge although promised and included in the room rate. Maybe I was too early bird but this important service did not reached me. However, the room itself was very comfortable and I was happy to stay there

Room Tip: Club rooms are very high in their quality
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments following your most recent visit to the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre. We are delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay and I am sorry to hear you did not have breakfast as it was included in your room rate.

We look forward to welcoming you back where a warm welcome will await you.

Best regards

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Brilliant experience, lovely staff, good location, stayed for a concert and was not disappointed, only a short walk to the phones for you arena, rooms soacios and modern, would definitely return for another concert

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alex t

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent stay here at the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre. We are delighted to hear that you had a memorable visit and intend to return in the future.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Kind regards