“Great Choice - look no further !”

Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre
Ranked #16 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 9 April 2009

Stayed here for one night whilst in the city to attend a concert at the MEN Arena and could not have picked a better hotel. It is only a 10 minute walk to the arena and only a very short walk to the Printworks where there are a number of bars and restaurants to suit everyone. It's also only a stones throw away from the Arndale Centre a shoppers paradise I would imagine !! The hotel itself is new and with that comes a very modern chic design which is a credit to this hotel group. The bedrooms are very comfortable and included in our rate was breakfast which was very good with plenty of choice. We seen the cafe next door to the hotel and for those who don't have breakfast included this looks a great place. If I was travelling to Manchester in future I would have no hesitation in staying here again indeed it put us in the mood to make a trip to Manchester in future.

Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
RobinFord70, Operations Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2009

Dear John181,

Thank you for your recent comments on TripAdvisor.com regarding Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your experience.

I will be sure that your comments are shared with the team as reinforcement to continue our efforts to make the hotel a leader in excellence.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments and thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre.

Reviewed 8 April 2009

Enjoyed a recent one night stay! The room was comfortable, clean and well furnished! It was quite hot in the room, although you can't open any windows you can put the air con down to 19c. Breakfast was good! Staff are friendly and informative. I look forward to staying again in the near future.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear Staro30 ,

Reviewed 7 April 2009

Really liked this hotel.
Went to see a football match but it was cancelled. not to worry, had a great time.
Room was lovely. Brand new. The bed is the most comfortable thing you will ever sleep in. Got the room for £65 a night which is great.
Cant beat the location. Walking distance to everything.
Dont bother paying for breakfast there, get it in the cafe right next door, nice breakfasts in there.

For pubs, just walk out the hotel and turn left. take the second left where the chipper is on the corner. lots of cool places up there.

Really liked this place and would definitely return.

Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear Travel85Dublin,

Reviewed 6 April 2009

We stayed here at the end of March for a family get together. I booked it back in January so received a good rate of £135 for two nights to stay in a Club Room.

I arrived at the hotel late on the Friday night, but was pleased by how quickly Reception checked me in.

My room was on the Club Room floor and it looked like it was worth paying the extra - the bed was king size and made with crisp, fresh linen. Overall the bathroom was very clean and new looking, but I was disappointed to find marks in the toilet, so it was clear that it had not been cleaned properly. However by the time that I came to use the toilet it was late in the evening and I really couldn't be bothered to repack my stuff and move rooms, so decided not to inform Reception.

I went downstairs for a couple of drinks and found the bar to be light and aire. Drinks are reasonably priced and the service was okay - had to wait for 5-10 minutes for my second drink.

I slept reasonably well, except for the strange humming sound which I thought had come from the AC, but even taking the card out didn't get rid of it, so in the morning I spoke to Reception who said they were not sure what the sound was. I didn't make a big deal of it, so in the end they didn't look at it.

Breakfast was okay, sadly by the time I arrived, most of the food in the Club Room had been eaten so I just had a few bits of the continental breakfast. I liked the fact that it was quiet in there and you could use the free internet/read the free papers without being disturbed or waiting for someone else to finish with them.

The hotel is directly opposite the Arndale shopping centre, so the next day I made the most of the facilities and came back at 6pm to enjoy drinks in the Club Room. In the evening, it was very busy, however you could still get your free alcoholic beverages (sadly no cocktails or spirits on offer).

I left the hotel, the next day and decided not to take my bags to the car, instead to bring the car to the front of the hotel. The carpark is an NCP carpark which is located opposite the hotel and above the bus station. It is worth pointing out, that if you are a lone traveller, you might want to get there when it is still light, as I felt very unsafe walking from the car to the hotel. Although the carpark is well lit, the bus station was deserted and you have to walk through it to reach the street with the hotel on.

I would recommend this hotel, but stay in a Club Room as it is well worth the extra!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends

Dear Reading_Traveller06 ,

I note your comments regarding marks on the toilet seat, I will be sure that your comments are shared with the team as reinforcement to continue to double our efforts to make the hotel a leader in excellence.

Reviewed 3 April 2009

I was very pleased with my stay at the Crowne Plaza and would highly recommend it. Modern, clean and huge room. Loved the attention to detail in the room like the oh so delightful toiletries and art work. I did not know where exactly this hotel would be located but it turned out that the location was the best thing about the stay - being in the Northern Quarter in Manchester felt like I was in New York's Tribeca - with the trendiest bars and restaurants right on the door step. I'd add that the hotel was set back so it wasn't noisy from the party goers. Really enjoyed finding the Chinese Arts Centre, Centro bar and the Chinese restaurant Sweet Mandarin with the best ribs I've ever tasted - in the Northern Quarter.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business

Dear SarahHulse,

Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor.com regarding Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your experience.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments and thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 March 2009

We had a nice relaxing time in this hotel after a long busy day in Manchester. Check-in was fast, the staff are helpful and efficient and the rooms are modern and well-designed but there are a couple of things that could be better.
The rooms: some contractors marks still left on the walls, only 1 small bottle of water for 2 people. There were no snacks in the mini-bar which meant a trip to the convenience shop. It is just across the street and this did save us a fortune on minibar prices but I would have prefered not to go out!
Location: it's convenient for shopping and the Printworks but this area around Shudehill is a bit shabby.
Room service: Expensive (over £20 for a burger and an omelette) but the food was really good.
Breakfast: I like to have bread and cheese for breakfast but the cheese was rock hard!! It must have been out for days! Some of the bread was also stale. (This is why I have given 3 stars for cleanliness as the hotel itself seemed very clean)
This is not the best hotel in Manchester but for the price it's good value for money. I recommend the hotel, but not the breakfast!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2009

Stayed just Friday night after attending show at MEN. We couldn't haven chosen a better hotel. The hotel has an excellent location and is modern, clean and comfortable. We managed to get a very good rate of £64/room only and went to Cafe North for breakfast - next door!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple