“Boring, clinical but functional”

Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Ranked #27 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Boring, clinical but functional”
Reviewed 17 November 2012

It's a bit confusing as there are 2 premier inn's opposite each other. Check in staff were polite, friendly and helpful. Rooms in premier inns are always boring and clinical but clean and functional. It's an airport hotel so location is to be expected. You could see the planes from the room (if you care about that kind of thing) but it wasn't noisy despite it's proximity to the airport. Not a lot else to say really...

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South, responded to this review, 20 November 2012
Thank you for your review.

At Premier Inn we always try to give our customers a comfortable and friendly stay, and I apologise if you have felt let down by our brand, and by the lack perhaps of a few homely details.

We really value your feedback, as it allows us to improve our standards and make our hotel experience more enjoyable.

Thank you once again for your review; we hope to welcome you back soon.

Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
  • Polish first
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2012 via mobile

Well time was on my side decided to opt for the inn get what you pay for ...staff friendly helpfull rooms standard what you expext from budget hotel..opted for late night meal back of 11pm aftet long travel from spain....had pizza any way after half hour wait inquired where was pizza at...as family of 4 a couple and a single guy all served before me and I was first in.....was told by bar memember that there only one oven and it was being used and that the lasagne was in a microwave why I be the least bit interested...well got pizza finally well was disapointed ...after a not bad sleep opted for the buffet breakfast 8.95 I think standard buffet lay out that okay then I seen the cooked breakfast omg...sausages burnt.fried eggs like rubber burnt underneath,scrambled egg over cooked under lights to long,baked beans well give a new meaning to baked........complained to very young looking duty manageress who informed me it was the chefs first time in breakfast well I dont want to here that I want breakfast.....then after about 10 mins duty manager gave me a descripton in how she advised the chef to cook friecd eggs really I wanted to no that

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your review.

At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants.

We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please be assured that your comments will be duly followed up by Customer Services and the Management Team at this hotel.

We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Birmingham, England
Reviewed 15 November 2012

We stayed here for one night before our flight on holiday and were genuinely surprised at how wonderful this hotel was. The restaurant was great, food lovely, staff attentive and nice prices too. The room was clean, bright, and very spacious. The price was excellent. We would consider staying at the hotel even if we weren't going on holiday it was that good.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Nice hotel. Nice staff, Nice room. Basically everything was NICE. However, the breakfast was WOW!! Make sure you request the 'Vege Sausages' as they are a treat!! Only thing is that courtesy bus only operates from 4am till 10am. They do though provide a car pick up outside of these hours (mine was organised so fast it was unreal) for a reasonable fee (approx £6). Overall an enjoyable experience

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
United States of Mirpur
Reviewed 15 November 2012

We stayed at this hotel whilst visiting family in Lancashire due to the fact all of the other hotels were fully booked as there was a concert at MEN arena.We normally stay at the Hilton or Marriot. We arrived early just to check in and then leave. Check in was very quick and the young lady (sorry bad with names - brunette girl - english) was extremely friendly and helpful. When we got back to the hotel at about 10:30pm the parking was almost nearly full. Luckily we found one space near the rear of the car park. We asked for an extra blanket and two extra pillows however the young lady at the reception desk forget about our request and left for the evening. I then called back at midnight as it had got quite cold and we travelling with our 17 month old and the lady (maybe spanish) apologised and brought us the extra blanket etc straight away.

We paid for breakfast which in my opinion is the best I have had from a budget hotel. The meet and greet staff were very friendly and helpful. however the waitress (black uniform -Maybe Thai nationality) was very very rude. I complained to my wife about her to which she told me that she had also been rude to her.

Overall, I think there 4 small things this hotel brand can do to improve;
1. I small fridges in the rooms (very important for medication and milk for children. I had to buy a small fridge from Argos and take it with me)
2. Put more lighting in the bedroom (very very low)
3. Make the beds a teeny weeny bit slightly bigger
4. Tell the waitress at breakfast to be less rude and smile once in a while

Would I stay here again?? Honestly, yes I would.

Room Tip: nice views of aeroplanes at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Whitby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I booked this hotel after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and can't believe we stayed at the same hotel. Yes, the rooms are nice, the location is good for the airport, but it was the worst night's sleep I'd had in a long time. On walking into the room we initially thought the window was open due to the loudness of the traffic noise. Unfortunately, it wasn't & we had to put up with the noise all night (I had to resort to stuffing loo roll in my ears!). Also, the bed was rock hard, so I woke the next morning feeling bruised. On a positive, breakfast was good & the young girl seeing to the breakfasts was polite, cheerful & friendly. However, can't see us going back here. Have previously used the Travelodge on the same site & had a much better night's sleep.

• Stayed October 2012
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South, responded to this review, 16 November 2012
Thank you for your review.

It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and I am sorry that on this occasion we failed to provide this due to the noise disturbances you encountered throughout your stay.

Please be assured that all your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to meet all our customer’s needs.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Great budget hotel near Manchester Airport. Bar man in the hotel really friendly and service with a warm smile. Rooms are perfect for a few nights stay.

Although there are other hotels nearer to the airport, which admittedly I haven't stayed in, I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South? Share your experiences!