Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Ranked #33 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We have stayed in hotel airport hotels before and have been bitterly disappointed . So we were not expecting much especially when we got a room for 2 adults and a child for about £47 for the night. But the service was brilliant and the room was big and very clean with coffee making . we also took advantage of the offer were you paid for a 3 course meal with a drink which also included breakfast, under 16's got brekkie free. The restaurant staff were really attentive to our 8 year old grandson and made him feel special. A really good start to our holiday. Will use you again . Thank You

Room Tip: Have room not facing the motorway, people said it noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed at this hotel before a mid morning flight and it was an excellent choice. We checked in online and decided to take advantage of the meal deal. This was such good value for money. Our room was great and we slept really well. Lovely comfy bed and pillows. The staff were friendly and efficient and both dinner and breakfast were excellent. We didn't mind paying £5 to park-our room had only cost £25. Staying here made a good relaxing start to our holiday. We would definitely stay here again and have already recommended it to friends.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed two nights (flew into Manchester Airport) as I needed to be in the area and this was one of the cheapest hotels that I had found.

Check-in was busy when I arrived, after 21:30 hrs, but the staff were very friendly and very helpful. This hotel is not close enough to walk to from the airport and the hotel shuttle bus appears only to run between 04:00 - 10:00 hrs. I would advise ringing to check before you travel and if it is not operating they will give the telephone number of a local taxi company that offers a set price (£6 when I travelled), although I did use a "black" cab and the price was only slightly more.

I had a very spacious room, wasn't too sure about the sink being in the bedroom rather than in the bathroom, although the shower was one of the best I have ever come across in a hotel. Nice size television. Minimal number of tea and coffees was disappointment.

My main fault with the bedroom was the bed, another hard and uncomfortable one. All the pillows seemed to be the same despite there supposed to be a choice!

The quality of the food on offer in the restaurant is very good in my opinion, although not sure if there was "up-selling" or just being friendly and offering advice. Also be warned that the restaurant closes for new bookings by 21:45 hrs, although you can get a limited menu from the bar after that time. I must offer praise to the lady that was supervising the restaurant on Friday 28th February, I just missed the restaurant by ten minutes and the bar menu was not particularly useful for me as I have food intolerences and she allowed me a slightly wider choice for which I was very grateful. I found the bar staff very friendly and knowledgable and the atmosphere in the bar lively but not over-powering.

All in all, if this hotel is for a one nighter before or after a flight I would thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Nett0104
Reviewed 6 March 2014

stayed at this hotel when taking family to the airport, nice big clean rooms, great food and good selection of drinks at the bar. The shower was hot and powerful, room nice and clean. All staff were very friendly. All you need before an early flight.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ben r
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Great hotel. Was very clean and staff were friendly. Didn't stay for long has we was flying out early next morning but hotel is great for pre flight stays and only a £6 each way taxi fare to the airport. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Salena B
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Everything you could want to stay over night in any given town and all with a smile !....
Very clean shower gel, hand wash if you forgot them even the choice of softer pillows! Patient and friendly staff when you re feeling tired and jaded after a flight

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Friendly and efficient check in at a great price also very comfortable rooms not too mention a good evening meal with excellent service not what you expect for such a reasonable price close to Manchester airport.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Travellers also viewed these Manchester hotels
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Hilton Manchester Airport
Hilton Manchester Airport
#60 of 120 in Manchester

Been to Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South? Share your experiences!