Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Ranked #26 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Busy restaurant and bar, good reasonably priced food, clean rooms, comfy bed. Despite staying at the back of the hotel there was very little traffic noise.

No official airport transfer - you need to book a taxi the night before - costs £2 per person (they do have a minibus).

Will return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank LiciaW
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Arrived to a huge queue after a hellish motorway journey- despite my best efforts I waited over 1 hour for check in, even though I had pre- booked days earlier. Customer service was utterly poor. Further to this they have charged my twice. I have contacted customer services on several occasions and no one is responding!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Hdot007
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Have used this hotel on several occasions due to it's proximity to both the airport and my destination. It doesn't look much from the outside but inside can't be faulted - spotlessly clean, bedrooms especially so, not even a smear on the glass shower door!! Staff are very friendly and helpful, bar area while not overly big is very comfortable and staff have no problems with a large group sitting having a few drinks and chatting til the small hours! Breakfast selection is ver good - normal cooked offerings, but also full range of cereals, fresh fruit and skimmed milk and sweeteners on offer, very handy if you are watching the calories!! Porridge, poached eggs etc made to order. All in all another successful stay (group of 10 adults) and we will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Excellent stress relieve before a long flight, staff are friendly and efficient the food belies the location, the beds hit the sleep button, it of course the proximity to the airports is a plus as in they know of delays before they call your cab.

Room Tip: Travel hotel all rooms are the same.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We have stayed in hotel airport hotels before and have been bitterly disappointed . So we were not expecting much especially when we got a room for 2 adults and a child for about £47 for the night. But the service was brilliant and the room was big and very clean with coffee making . we also took advantage of the offer were you paid for a 3 course meal with a drink which also included breakfast, under 16's got brekkie free. The restaurant staff were really attentive to our 8 year old grandson and made him feel special. A really good start to our holiday. Will use you again . Thank You

Room Tip: Have room not facing the motorway, people said it noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed at this hotel before a mid morning flight and it was an excellent choice. We checked in online and decided to take advantage of the meal deal. This was such good value for money. Our room was great and we slept really well. Lovely comfy bed and pillows. The staff were friendly and efficient and both dinner and breakfast were excellent. We didn't mind paying £5 to park-our room had only cost £25. Staying here made a good relaxing start to our holiday. We would definitely stay here again and have already recommended it to friends.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed two nights (flew into Manchester Airport) as I needed to be in the area and this was one of the cheapest hotels that I had found.

Check-in was busy when I arrived, after 21:30 hrs, but the staff were very friendly and very helpful. This hotel is not close enough to walk to from the airport and the hotel shuttle bus appears only to run between 04:00 - 10:00 hrs. I would advise ringing to check before you travel and if it is not operating they will give the telephone number of a local taxi company that offers a set price (£6 when I travelled), although I did use a "black" cab and the price was only slightly more.

I had a very spacious room, wasn't too sure about the sink being in the bedroom rather than in the bathroom, although the shower was one of the best I have ever come across in a hotel. Nice size television. Minimal number of tea and coffees was disappointment.

My main fault with the bedroom was the bed, another hard and uncomfortable one. All the pillows seemed to be the same despite there supposed to be a choice!

The quality of the food on offer in the restaurant is very good in my opinion, although not sure if there was "up-selling" or just being friendly and offering advice. Also be warned that the restaurant closes for new bookings by 21:45 hrs, although you can get a limited menu from the bar after that time. I must offer praise to the lady that was supervising the restaurant on Friday 28th February, I just missed the restaurant by ten minutes and the bar menu was not particularly useful for me as I have food intolerences and she allowed me a slightly wider choice for which I was very grateful. I found the bar staff very friendly and knowledgable and the atmosphere in the bar lively but not over-powering.

All in all, if this hotel is for a one nighter before or after a flight I would thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo