Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Ranked #26 of 119 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Having stayed at various airport hotels the night before departure we decided this time to try Premier Inn. We were not disappointed, the cost £29.00.Check in was quick ,staff very pleasant.The room was spotlessly clean and modern.As I say we have stayed at various airport hotels and found this to be about the best and far cheaper than those on the actual airport for comfort and quality of food.(We had an evening meal very reasonable price).We travelled by train and it cost £6 for taxi from station to hotel and same in the morning to airport but even adding that to the cost it was still cheaper than the airport hotels.More importantly we felt the room was better.Have already booked again for our next holiday

Room Tip: We had a room which backed onto the motorway but not noisy
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We arrived in the early hours from a night flight. The reception staff were very helpful. The room on the 4th floor was quiet and relaxed. Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice. Although unaware of the heating controls, it was a little warm, but we could have adjusted to suit, as a guide and controls are in the room.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I couldn't award this hotel 4 stars as it just didn't quite earn it. We checked in and full praise to the receptionist that dealt with our check in. We arrived at a very busy time and she was very pleasant, polite and highly efficient. I wish I had got her name as I would have said a personal thank you. The room was very clean and totally adequate for an overnight pre-holiday stay. The only toiletries provided was some liquid soap in a dispenser.
The reason this hotel failed was because as I was getting ready to go down for dinner the chrome edging on the toilet flusher fell off the wall and fell into the toilet bowl. I left it there and when I went down for dinner I notified the receptionist and asked if they could send somebody up to remove it. When we returned after dinner the trim was still there and I had to use the hotels teaspoon to remove it. I initially thought the bed was comfortable but to my horror in the morning I had to crawl out as I was in so much pain with my back. When my husband and I brushed our teeth there was a horrible sewage smell coming from the sink waste. I notified the receptionist when we checked out about the issues and she did give me an apology.

On the plus side I thought the deal of £20 odd pound for 2 courses and a drink plus breakfast was a very good deal. We had the steak on the menu that was about £15 on it's own and it was beautiful. Breakfast was good with plenty of choice.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

My stay at this Premier Inn met all my requirements, close to location, comfort, friendly staff, ease of parking. Would definitely recommend to friends and family for future visits to Manchester whether using the airport or not, as there are many interesting places to visit within striking distance.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Checked in online and stated in room 503 which is at the end of the corridor.

Room was a decent size and quiet.

Had a meal in the Restraunt, service was good and quick.

Checked out at 7am as had a flight from manchester at 10am.

Breakfast started at 6.30 on saturdays

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I booked to stay here after our flight landed as we were landing at 5am and wanted a few hours sleep before our journey home. The hotel had overbooked our room, worst thing to hear at 5am! We just couldn't understand how they had sold our room twice! I would definitely think twice before booking an airport hotel on return from a holiday.

Stayed: June 2014
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion your stay was less than relaxing. Your experience was far below our usual high standards, but please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Surprised at the clean and modern rooms - immaculate, well equipped and roomy. Good breakfast. Absolutely no complaints from us. Booked online so got great price. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend to friends and would be more than happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Manchester hotels
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Hilton Manchester Airport
Hilton Manchester Airport
#59 of 119 in Manchester

Been to Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South? Share your experiences!