“Won't be returning!”

Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Ranked #25 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
“Won't be returning!”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

The review is long overdue but I stayed here in Dec 2013 with 8 members of my family as we were on a shopping trip with a travel company. At the time of staying I had nothing wrong with the hotel it was the after part. Unfortunately I left behind my mothers Xmas present which was a £90 bottle of Dior perfume I was stayin in the room with my mother and didn't want her to see it so left it under the small ledges beside the bed where the lamps are in a hollister bag which stick out a bit as most people know they ave a man's body on them! Anyways was home 2 days when I realised I had forgotten the bag so rang the hotel to see if it was left cannot remember who I was talking to the first time but they said they would check and ring me back never got a phone call back. So my mam's friend is a police woman and she rang the hotel herself she was told that they would ask the person who was cleaning the room that day when she returned to work if the bag was left in the room and get back to her. The hotel didn't even return the police woman's phone call!! So I tried the hotel again a week later this time I asked to speak to the manager who I was told was not available but I got speaking to the Food Manager explained my case she checked the log book were the cleaning staff are suppose to write in Any left behind items but nothing was recorded. She also said the person who cleaned the room had not being back to work yet so they didn't get asking them yet. It's now August 2014 I am still waiting for a call!!! I also rang the bus company just to double check I didn't leave the bag on it but I am 100% sure it was in the room and they told me
nothing had being left on the bus. Long a short of it let's say I won't be returning to that hotel. Appalling customer service

• Stayed December 2013
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion your stay was less than relaxing. Your experience was far below our usual high standards, but please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
  • Polish first
Federated States of Micronesia
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed as part of park and fly deal. Stayed one night and parked in the jetparks car park for a week. Worked ok apart from when i took the car to the car park the night before as i was flying at 6am, there was no way back to the hotel (well apart from walking 1.5 miles) or getting a taxi. Rooms were good and resterAunt ok, was fully booked, so we were very lucky to get a table. Drinks were buy one get one free, so made most of that! Hotel booked taxi for morning, was 6 quid to get to airport.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
liverpool
Reviewed 25 August 2014

After staying here last time we booked into this one again. We opted to check in on line and to be honest they had only just sorted it out ten mins before we arrived at 19:00. The person was not bothered if we were there or not and when asking about car parking it was to much trouble for her. Bar staff were good and prices where cheaper than the HI Express across the road. The room massive with two double beds this is a twin room with the pod shower which is nice. Since staying with PI in OCT 13 they have seemed to have changed the shower and hand wash which do not seem to be as good and the towels were thread bear. The AC does go off on its own and the carbon minoxide detector is very bright and lights up the room green. When checking out told staff as it was very hot and was told there were aware of the ac issue and there is nothing they can do about the light as it was for your own safty true but PI need to look at other areas it could be placed. Next time I will try the other side of the road North.

Room Tip: get a rrom on the backside of the hotel Motorway as you will not have people standing outside smokin...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Nice enough fur the money. Only stated over one night while coming back from holiday to Cyprus. Stayed overnight here and drive back to Edinburgh the next morning. Room was clean bathroom was the same, no complaints. Had a nice time together c

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
edinburgh
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Stayed 2 nights . Close to airport so lots of people coming and going during the night. We booked for dinner and still had to queue for 15 minutes so went out 2nd night.. WiFi not worth paying for as the signal is very poor (5th floor) . Room is ok usual PI. Please do something about coffee machine at breakfast, there were at least 8 cups of coffee lying around as the instructions on the machine are not clear so people got the wrong coffee, must cost PI a fortune and all it needs is proper signage.

Room Tip: High floor to avoid people coming and going in cars and taxis.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

We visited your hotel this week there was 11 people in our group I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. the staff were outstandingly helpful to al our needs
From the moment we arrived. The rooms were comfortable we enjoyed breakfast both mornings with staff organising our tables near each other. The staff kept our bags at no extra cost while we visited old trafford. It was cosy n homely we had a v relaxing break thanks to the staff at reception, house staff and the bar/dining staff

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
travelling
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Good hotel close to the Manchester airport. We used a taxi to go there from the airport and the few minutes ride costs us 9 pounds. On return we ordered a taxi via the hotel and it only cost 6 pound. Not sure why the difference.

Room is clean and spacious. Beds were comfy and breakfast is good. Family rooms has 2 double beds and great for families. Overall we had a very nice stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family