Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Ranked #36 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 10 January 2010

Stayed for one night to catch an early flight. The room was a large family room with two double beds. It had everything including tea and coffee facilities, TV etc. The shower was large with new white fluffy towels. The staff were all friendly and helpfull.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jeny5
Write a ReviewReviews (3,015)

Reviewed 22 December 2009

My wife and I stayed here for one night on December 5th after returning from the U.S.Check in was efficient and staff were very helpful.The room was on second floor at the front of the hotel overlooking the car park.The bed was very comfortable and the room clean and tidy.A few faults surfaced however.There were insufficient towels in the room (one bath and one hand) for two people which meant a trip to reception to get more.The heated towel rail was not working and the hotel has no maintenance staff on at weekends.Finally the heating aircon unit is centrally controlled from the front desk which means if you want to sort it out another trip to reception is needed.
We booked a table in the restaurant for 6.30pm as when we checked in staff at the desk informed us a christmas party was being held in the restaurant that evening.We arrived at 6.30pm and were promptly told to wait(plenty of empty tables in the restaurant).We were seated shortly and left to ourselves.Staff did not approach us to take any order for drinks or food.After twenty or so minutes we were still waiting to have our order taken.I then asked a passing waiter if we were going to be served at all and gave him our drinks and food order.By 7.15pm we still didnt have our drinks so I asked the same waiter again (who was cleaning tables) where our drinks were.He seemed confused so I approached the supervisor.We subsequently got our meals sometime later and our drinks as well.There were 4 other parties in the restaurant at this time and they all had the same experience with wrong orders slow service and orders not taken at all.It was obvious to me that the staff were badly trained and not well supervised.On a brighter note breakfast the next norning in the same location was excellent.Having read previous reviews it seems the restaurant has historic issues which havnt been resolved.All in all I would stay at a Premier inn again but not this one.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2009

We stayed here after a concert at the MEN in central Manchester. We didn't check in until midnight. We waited at the desk for a few minutes before anyone realised we were there. Not a fantastic start.

Once someone arrived they were quick and efficient to check us in. We got a room on the 5th floor. The rooms are pretty large and the bed was comfortable. A very modern bathroom with a shower the size of some bathrooms!

Checking out was equally as efficient. Not bad for a £35 fee.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2009

My wife and I checked into this hotel on the night of 31 October and when we went into the bathroom we found someone's dirty underpants hanging on the door handle. I immediately informed the lady receptionist who came and took the offending garment away. She embarrasingly said that she would have to register the underpants as 'lost property'. The lady informed me that she would credit me a free room for the night as compensation. I also noticed that it is the hotel's policy to provide free accommodation if guests are not satisfied. On the following morning I went to use a towel that was neatly folded on the towel rail and discovered that it was wet. Neither my wife or myself had used it. On checking out I informed the male receptionist of this but I pointed out that there was no need for him to do anything as I had already been credited for a free night's accommodation. I checked my bank statement on return from holiday and found that I had not been credited as promised. I have subsequently sent four emails to Premier Inns to request this credit but I am still waiting.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
giddings, Sales at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2009

May I take this opportunity to apologise for the poor quality of service that you have experienced throughout your stay at the hotel. We always aim to deliver a high standard of customer service and on this occasion we have failed to do so. Please contact me direct to discuss this further.

Best Regards

Helen

Reviewed 24 November 2009

Stayed here before catching flight from terminal 1, The hotel is around 2 miles away although i believe there is a bus serving the airport calling at the hotel.

The hotel is clean and the staff are friendly and efficient. The rooms are a decent size and pretty much what you would expect from this type of hotel.

The restaurant is reasonable, serving pub quality food at a premium. Drinks are also at premium prices £3.20 a pint - although this is somewhat expected and hardly outrageous.

My only gripe is, i emailed the hotel to enquire about parking and received a reply stating that they could arrange parking elswhere. I arranged it myself instead, and then on arrival was asked if i needed to leave my car at the hotel! Pretty poor service. It also costs £5 per night to leave you car at the hotel, even while you are staying there! This would have been pretty annoying if we hadnt got the room online for £29!

We would use the hotel again at this price

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2009

Easy to find hotel and a great check in service. The room was very spacious and clean- the children loved this start to their holiday! The room was lovely.

Grab and Go breakfast was spot on for an early flight.

The parking in the deal was just 5 mins up the road. A good secure well manned site. the free bus picked us up in the car park within 10 mins (at 4.30am), and on the way home we walked out the terminal and straight on to a bus - easy!

The only gripe was the length of time we waited to be served an evening meal in the restaurant - 45 mins from ordering and I didn't think they were that busy. The children were restless and starving waiting.

But I would definately use this stay and park option again - it was very easy and I would recomend it to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2009

We stayed here for one night before flying out of Manchester Airport on our way home. For ₤40 (including parking for one night), it was clean, comfortable, and convenient to the airport. We were driving a rental car and needed to be close enough to the airport to get in quickly. We were surprised at the ₤5 daily parking charge. Apparently, the parking belongs to Manchester Airport, and they determine the fees.

For a hotel similar to a Motel 6 or Super 8 here in the States, they provided amenities like a warming towel rack, a hairdryer, and breakfast in their restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple