“Go and Relax here!”

Ranked #351 of 2,420 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$36 - US$144
Cuisines: International, British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A casual dining experience, Podium offers guest intimate booth dining, with rich banquettes and Marble Floors. The cuisine is modern international, using local produce. Great for breakfast and ideal for a business lunch, Podium is also perfect for relaxed evening meal before heading to Cloud 23 for a cocktail.
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Surrounded by busy clubs and bars, I thought this would be another noisy evening here! But, what a relaxing and luxury feel with calmness at this bar! I fully enjoyed the ambience and the kind and welcoming service made me feel great to have chosen here for a glass of wine after stressful work! I will definitely recommend this place for any occasion!

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Recently came to Manchester and was advised to go to Cloud 23 at the Hilton in the city center - my husband and I got a little confused, initially, as we hadn't realized that the hotel had two bars within it.
Fortunately, we stumbled across the Podium bar which is on the ground floor and had a cocktail there before being directed to Cloud. We quickly came down 'from the cloud' to be re-acquainted with the podium bar and it's more relaxed atmosphere. The barman there (Matt) was an absolute gem and made the most amazing cocktails (Amaretto sours and a sweet margarita -- very recommendable!). A very charming young man and was very helpful to direct us on to other places within Manchester.
If I could, I would definitely come back to the same bar!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Went to the Hilton for my boyfriends 21st, as soon as we got there, staff welcomed us both with happy birthday and complimentary chocolates. We stayed in the king executive and got accsess to the lounge, staff there were also amazing! Food was good and for me we got our money's worth. We are booking to go there again soon!

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Came to Podium last night for my partner's birthday.

Very hard to locate the restaurant area as it's not signposted, and we were unsure why it had the name Podium, as it's sunk down and there were no podiums in sight, that we could see (after an overpriced - £6.30 - G&T, I'd certainly have been swinging around on it!).

We tried to book in for 18:30 as that was most convenient for us, and were put back to 19:00 - not sure why, the place was deserted with only one other couple there when we arrived, and staff having a chat.

Service itself was efficient and well delivered, and the food was LOVELY. Some of the clientelle didn't seem to appreciate any of this, and verged on the point of being rude (well done waiting staff for your patience) but I digress a little.

Restaurant ambience was definitely not helped by the massive projector playing football from ITV4 projected on to the bar area, and right next to where we were dining. You don't pay £30 a head to sit down and watch ITV4 - could do that at home for free with a takeaway!

Advice to the restaurant would be to seat people towards the back of the restaurant instead of towards the front, so that the empty soul-less overpriced bar doesn't knock on to the experience of those paying the premium for the nice food.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Visited here with 2 friends. We had booked the 'sublime Sunday' offer in connection with the hotel spa (£45 for a 45 minute massage & a 3 course meal).

Good points- food was absolutely gorgeous. Really delicious & although it was fancy, it wasn't too fancy. I have a big appetite and after 3 lovely courses I was nicely full.

Plenty of water provided

Waiter was lovely and helpful

Bad points- it didn't bother us too much as we weren't in a rush and were having a girly catch up (chatting) day but we seemed to be waiting quite a bit for our orders to be taken and no one ever asked if we wanted more drinks.

Cheapest bottle of rose wine was £27

The noise! For me, this almost ruined it! Not sure if it's always like that but the noise from the reception/ upstairs sounded like there was either a nightclub or a dance class nearby. Music kept blaring out for a few mins and then stopping- don't have a clue what it was and as we were chatting and laughing it didn't bother us too much but in other circumstances I think I would have complained.

Football being projected onto the wall. Don't mind the football but do mind the sound being on. Not needed and doubled with the rave going on it ruined the atmosphere a little. If you closed your eyes you'd think you were at a caravan park entertainment room. Expected more from the hilton.

---------------------

The deals are good though and food is brilliant so I would possibly go again.