“Perfect location, bit expensive”

My-Places Serviced Apartments
Ranked #87 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Very good service from the staff, clean, nicely decorated and extremely well located (nice freebies too!). When I originally booked 6 of my friends were coming (making it £60 per person per night) but one dropped out at the last second leaving me to cough up £120 for my night. So I would say as long as you have reliable friends, with one who doesn't mind sleeping in the lounge and two who don't mind sharing a double bed in the same room as a single bed then it's great.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
my-places53, Public Relations Manager at My-Places Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2015

Hi, we are sorry you feel you had to pay more than necessary for your stay with us, as with any company we do have terms and conditions that we adhere to which has caused your issues, we cannot factor in issues with friends, our property sleeping arrangements are detailed everywhere where you can make a booking and we can only state that whilst every care is taken to make our clients happy on this occasion the client was not happy with the bed configuration.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We were a stag party of 19 guys, having the stag celebration in Manchester. After struggling to find an apartment for us to stop in I luckily stumbled across Elizabeth Street Townhouse provided through MyPlaces. It was fantastic. I paid a deposit and paid the rest on the day with cash (although it could have been paid with card) which suited us fine! It was clean, spacious, with wi-fi, sky, heating (essential as we stopped end of November!) and even some biscuits waiting for us. There was plenty of sleeping space for everyone, three bathrooms and a conservatory. It was only 2 miles from town, which was 6 to 7 quid in a taxi, or, if walked in would take about 20 mins. Overall I was completely satisfied with the house and the service received from the staff at MyPlaces. I'll definitely be using them again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank George N

We thank you very much for your review although the property in the review relates to one of our other properties we think your comments were spot on and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

This was my third stay with My Places. I can't think of staying with somebody else when I travel to Manchester. You have all you need in the Apartment. The locations are very central. We get everything you want. Very good service.
Looking forward next year to stay again !!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank xairoy

Thank you for your review we enjoy the fact you enjoy your stay we look forward to seeing again every year.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

My apartment slept 7, was well stocked, with biscuits etc as freebies. Fully equipped kitchen, could easily have stayed for a few days. Wifi included. Immaculately clean, the staff were brilliant from start to finish. It doesn't have a concierge so its a 'meet and greet' with the keys which most of the good apartments are. Hallway clean and foyer modern. You are within a stones throw of everything Manchester has to offer. I stayed there when the football was on, the conservative party conference and Fleetwood mac playing at MEN. Everywhere else to stay was either sold out or extortionate, however my-places were very reasonably priced. I am already planning on staying again next month when I have another conference. On the down side, I will be requesting an apartment at the back as even though 5 floors up, I could hear the buses running all night!

Room Tip: Stay at the back of the apartment. There is a supermarket directly under for all your amenities.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank LesLes71

We are very happy this client enjoyed their stay and also was very impressed with the property, although not fully satisfied we do have to highlight that our property is very centrally located within the city centre and is ideal for everything nearby, all our properties have double glazed windows and we are sorry to hear that this particular client although 5 floors up could hear traffic which is out of our control. We are very happy the client seemed in the most part happy. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Great accommodation for a group of girls! We were very impressed with both the location and the apartment itself. Right in the northern quarter and plenty of room to sit and chill out altogether and also get ready. Large rooms, large bathroom and really comfy beds. The bedrooms slept 6 but there was a pull out double sofa in the living room too. The lounge and kitchen was equipped with all the basics for a few nights and there is a convenience store next door for snacks, milk, bread etc. which was great! We will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review and we are happy that our pricing strategy was correct when you stayed we are sorry you we disturbed but the noise as you stated at 5 floors up you wouldn't expect to hear very much, we would also like to say we are in the heart of the city and it does get very busy at night especially at the weekend.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

We found this suited our needs to a T and will be trying to get the same apartment booked for next year. Upon arrival the staff were most welcoming and accommodating even thou we were very late. The property was in excellent condition and everything worked as it should.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

We are happy to accommodate you again and again and we are really happy that our staff were welcoming and accommodating for you.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

Thanks to My-Places Service Apartment I was able to book their Skyline apartment for my girlfriends birthday. We were both very excited at the possibility of staying in this apartment after seeing pictures of how luxurious it was and its location. Getting the confirmation as soon as I booked it was a relief. In order to get into the apartment we had to do a meet and greet with one of my-places staff where we also received the keys. The staff was very polite and answered all questions asked. Our stay in the apartment was brilliant, we slept like a log. Everything we needed was in the apartment including sweets and free Wi-Fi which came in handy!
I will definitely use My-Places Service Apartment again and also recommend them to anyone.

Thanks

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Don24ricardo

Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and that we made the occasion a happy one.