“Wonderful Apartment Excellent Value”

My-Places Serviced Apartments
Ranked #76 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
“Wonderful Apartment Excellent Value”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I live in Manchester myself, we had family over from Spain for a week we usually have them stay with us. We were renovating and couldn't host them this time so we looked online for somewhere like home and at a reasonable price. We stumbled across My-Places the price for a week was cheap enough and cheaper than most, the booking process we did over the phone after checking a few of the other bigger sites we researched them and went to them directly we saved on the price doing this as we was able to talk direct to the company. We was met at the apartment by a nice gentleman who was there to check us in, this company offer a personal touch to check-in showing us around the property and we were shown how everything works, after a quick tour and a little signature from my relative the gentleman left us with the apartment. The apartment itself was huge by comparison we had seen photos but they didn't show off its full size and potential, when your away from home space is key, for the price paid a hotel just wouldn't of done we didn't pay that much more than we would for 5 guests in a hotel. I would highly recommend My-Places to anyone and everyone and the family have said not to worry when they come over at Christmas they won't be impeding on us as they know where there staying.
A big thank you to all the staff involved and my family say they are looking forward to seeing you again at Christmas.

Stayed June 2014
my-places53, Public Relations Manager at My-Places Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, 27 August 2015
We would just like to say it was a pleasure to accommodate your family.

Couples
Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We booked the property for its ideal location as we were having a family get together in the city centre, some of our family didn't want to make the drive back to Leeds so we decided we would book an apartment for them. The booking process was easy and we received plenty of useful information via email and text it felt as though My-Places we always keeping us in the loop and trying there hardest to make sure we knew what was going on. I would highly recommend My-Places to any of my friends and my family really loved the location and the apartment even the free treats left for them went down well with the kids. We only get together once or twice a year as a full family but I know where to come next time for the best service. Thanks for all the effort you have put in.

Stayed June 2014
We welcome your review and appreciate that although Leeds is only a short drive away we was able to accommodate your needs.
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed at My-Place a few times now and I alway been treaded fairly and welcome. Each time that I visited Manchester it never come to mind to book anywhere else other than My-places as I find the prices more reasonable than other company and it also give me that feeling as if I am at home as the apartment is modern, fully funish and clean.

Location is fantastic because everything is right ouside the door and if i have to travel the bus and train link is very close by or if I had to take a taxi it doesn't cost that much.

My-Places staff is one of the most frienflyesy staff I meet, they make sure that I was comfortable and I found the owner is very honest and loyal to his words. I already booked another stay with My-Places in a few months..

I recommended My-Places my friends who had also stayed with them and they had a great time.

Thanks My-Places for a great experience staying with you. See you soon..

• Stayed April 2014
We are happy you enjoyed your stay and we always welcome returning client when recommending us to your friends we always ask the questions of which party they stayed with last time this helps us get them the best deal.
Doha
Reviewed 30 April 2014

A friend of mine recommended My-Places about 5 years ago and we've been back every year since.

We have relatives in various areas of Manchester so being situated right in the middle of the city centre is handy. It's great for my family as everything is practically in walking distance, M.E
N. Arena, Odeon, Piccadilly Train Station, St.Ann's Square, The Arndale, Deansgate etc.

The apartment itself is very modern and spacious, kitted out with free wifi and a big screen tv. I like the team there as they've looked out for us on several occasions over the years e.g. airports pickups at unsociable hours, providing extra bedding for additional guests, early and late check-ins/ check-outs, etc.

I've seen some slightly cheaper prices recently for apartments close by but the way I see it, My-Places is cheap for extra peace of mind. My wife and children love it. We've stayed at the same place for the last 5 years and are satisfied enough to not look elsewhere.

Highly recommend My-Places.

• Stayed April 2014
We are more than happy that you are happy and glad we could accommodate you for the past 5 years.
Reviewed 30 April 2014

It was my first time to stay in Manchester I had a short course and I had to stay there for 3 months I was looking for a good price apartment and a good location. I found my places when I was surfing through the internet
I called the owner he was so friendly and gentle I felt that I knew him for so long :)
During my stay , that apartment was clean the clearner used to come every two weeks and clean my mess and change the towels and the bedspread. The location was fantastic there's no other location then this one if you want to live in the most central location of the city and explore anywhere easily from there
Living there and shopping around was also a great experience

Most important was the service which was excellent :)and there was free wifi :D

The worst thing is that I had to go back home :( I miss my room in my places :( I miss Manchester :(

I recommend everyone who goes to Manchester goes to my places :)
Can't wait to be your guest again :)

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for your review its good to know our free items get put to good use and the service we offer for long stay guests is second to none.
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I don't know where to begin. My sister and friends booked these apartment for my hen weekend, which as you can imagine I looked forward to greatly. I had never been to Manchester and was thoroughly looking forward to relaxing with all my friends and family in a new city. As I arrived I was greeted with the news that one flat had been BURGLED!!! Phones, ipads, purses... gone. Instantly the police were called and a complaint filed. The police were very helpful and polite. They were prompt to turn up and advised us that this was a regular complaint. The properties in this complex are extremely unsafe. It is often used for hen parties and stag parties and opportunistic thieves take advantage of this. Now this you might argue is something that can't be avoided completely. However, the way we were treated following the theft was appalling. Instead of being supportive and having the "customer is always right" attitude we were met with an aggressive, dishonest man - the owner. We were accused of never making the complaint to the police even though we had a crime reference number to hand
. The manager also failed to point out that this was a common occurrence and that the properties in this complex were renowned for break ins. This we learned from our neighbours and the police who advised us that the whole 3rd floor was broken in to and all the locks changed. Furthermore floor 5 had the exact same problem (were our flat was). This of course was denied by the very rude aggressive dishonest man who was the owner of the company. Our neighbour for the weekend were a couple staying in their daughters flat. They told us that recently the owner of the flat we were staying in had to have his locks changed due to break ins... This of course was in complete contrast to what the owner claimed to us. LIER!! Our night our also said that his daughter had to change her own locks due to theft.

Now if theft and being treated like a criminal by the dishonest, aggressive owner wasn't enough ill explain further why you should avoid these properties:

1. The price! Absolutely extortionate for what they are. Yes the location might be good but that's where it ends. Unclean, grubby flats.

2. Condition of the "luxury" apartments. Every room needs a lick of paint. The coffee table in our apartment was wobbly and consequently we had to put it to one side against the wall in case it was broken. This of course wasn't mentioned to us by the owner who of course would have taken the money out of the deposit without hesitation if it had collapsed... even though it was already on its last legs! The carpets were very unclean and all the extra bedding for guests staying on the couch had no duvet covers or pillow cases. Not only that but they were yellow!!

3. The sofa bed had to be turned upside down in order to get it back in and as we found it- which for the record was in very poor condition and quite possibly the most uncomfortable sofa bed I have ever slept on. NOT IN KEEPING WITH A "LUXURY" APARTMENT!

4. HOT WATER RUNS OUT. This is of course has been denied by the lier of an owner. After two showers in the morning lasting around 10 mins each the water runs cold... not just for an hour but for the rest of the day. Don't believe him wheb he says he's checked this because he is being dishonest... ive got to give him credit - his dishonesty is consistent! This again IS NOT IN KEEPING WITH A "LUXURY" APARTMENT.

5. Increases the price without warning. This happened quite early on in the booking. This again was denied by the owner here but believe him at your peril. If it wasn't for the difficulty finding accommodation for 20 girls we would have cancelled and gone elsewhere. Furthermore he doubled booked us... originally we were meant to be staying in a town house. Completely unprofessional! !! He then thinks he's done us a HUGE favour by giving us the apartments at no extra cost... I SHOULD THINK SO considering it was your mistake!!!

6. My final point is reinforcing the unprofessional attitude abd aggressive manner of the manager. He phoned my father following the theft in one of the flat we rented to tell him that he didn't believe us about the incident. My father who knew nothing about it and doesn't even live locally... 4 hours
away to be exact. Now this is possibly the worst customer service I have ever come across. There was absolutely no thought what so ever to my father's feelings. Instead of being concerned the owner followed up on his accusatory phone call by also telling my father that 'if it was my daughter I'd be the first one she would tell'. What a disgraceful thing to say! With all due respect ( of which there was none by the end of that fateful weekend) my sister and friends wanted to forget about the incident and enjoy the rest of the weekend for my sake. Telling my father and getting him worried and upset certainly wasn't one of our priorities.

In summary these apartments are very unsafe. There is a history of theft on a weekly basis. Feel free to speak with the police and ask them for their opinion on the matter. Not only that the flats are completely over priced abd certainly not what I would regard as luxury or anywhere near it. However, more importantly the owner of the preoperative is a very dishonest individual. He has absolutely no idea how to treat customers abd ZERO people skills. Furthermore he is a man of NO INTEGRITY! !

I will never stay on these properties again and hope anyone thinking of staying here takes heed of this review and avoids them too. Feel free to contact me if you're looking for further details.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank redH86
MyPlacesManchester, Owner at My-Places Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
It's not our company policy to slag off our paying clients. Survive to say that sometimes no matter what you do you simply can't satisfy some guests who are hell bent on destroying your business.
We have been in business for over eight years and never been faced with such clients nor have ever been broken into. We have on particular client a law insurance firm from London who uses our Chatsworth House apartments Sunday to Friday for over the past two years. They have just renewed there rental with us for another period of time. In all that time they have never been burgled and they must be happy with the services we provide otherwise they wouldn't continue to book with us.
1)We would never be in business for this length of time if we miss treat clients and call them liars
2)Why would one leave valuables unattended in a new apartment without locking the door. This is one flat amongst another 64. Remember you are a stranger in a new town.
3) You were negligent so please don't tell the world that the place is unsafe. If the door was kicked it and valuables were taken fair enough but that was not the case.
4) 4 wallets iPad were reported missing and up to late the next day you don't call home to report the miss hap.
5) The apartments in question are slap bam in the city centre minutes from Piccadilly Gardens where one need a security fob to gain entrance to both the front and back of the building.
6) Yes they may have been burgled and we have their words for that. but this was no fault of the accommodation provider
7)This booking was problematic from day one and that is why from the outset we offerred the clients a free cancelation. They opted to use our accommodation.
8)We wish them well and ask you our potential clients to feel free to book with us as we have many years of providing good service. We aren't the cheapest in this business but would like to think we are one of the best as we go the extra mile and offer a lot more for the benefit of all our clients.
By the way there is plenty of hot water. Lol and Mr Walker isn't all bad in true and in fact a lot of our repeat business is because of him. Say no more on this topic.

Travellers are raving about these Manchester hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We've been using My-Places for a number of years now. We usually Checkin on a Sunday night and vacate the apartment on Friday morning. We find all the staff courteous and accommodating. In all the years that we've been staying we have not had any issues to complain about. The apartments are well located just a few minutes walk from Piccadilly gardens.The apartment are aways clean and well presented. We keep booking it because My-Places offer us excellent rates and back this up with very good customer service. The apartments are very well secure as you need a fob to enter both the front and the back of the building. We will continue to use My-Places as they continue to meet all our accommodation needs and we've already recommended My-Places to our friends and associates.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you very much for your review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Premier Inn Manchester City Centre (Deansgate Locks) Hotel
#18 of 20 in Salford
No photo provided
Oxford Road House
#13 of 77 in Manchester

Been to My-Places Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!