See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Stayed here for a second time last week and was even more impressed than last year. The room I had was slightly larger with a proper shower room, rather than the pod I got last year (which was fine, incidentally). It was in a different zone, and I found it less of a maze. Make use of the communal facilities this time. The kitchen and fridge were very clean. Staff are very welcoming and helpful and you're treated no differently to those staying in the Days Hotel proper. Recommend it to everyone I know who needs a place to stay in Manchester. There were others in the same flat as me last time, so it was a bit noisier and took me longer to get to sleep, but it wasn't a major problem.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
barbaraws, General Manager at Weston Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2011

Thank you for your comments, I will pass them on to the staff, it is always nice to pass on positive feedback.

Reviewed 1 September 2010

... this is part of the days hotel complex, and manchester confrerence centre -basically student dorms that are out of use in the summer months etc.

I payed direct, at £24 a night, in ths large complex. Expect a basic, but clean single room within 5mins of the station/trams. take a pocket radio, as there are no tv's. Hot drinks and kettle provided. Corridors are noisy. I stayed 3 nights, and my room was serviced every day. I really have no problem recomending this complex, which also had food and drink offers and a helpfull staff information centre when i checked in at peak hours ( one member of staff guided me directly to my room )
I will stay here again, as i can explore more of manchester at a cheap rate.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 July 2010

Reception staff were friendly, welcoming and helpful. The room was alittle difficult to find, as the signs in the corridor were not clear. The accommodation was clean. I had expected no frills for the price, so was surprised to find towels, soap and shampoo provided, though the towels did shed fluff. Tea and coffee were also provided, and a little pack of biscuits. The temperature of the shower fluctuated, but it was bearable. The bed was comfortable, the linen clean and I slept very well. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 September 2009

I've stayed at this hotel several times & never had cause to complain.
The Weston Hall is part of the Days Hotel/Conference Centre. It's in a prime location & offers an excellent buffet breakfast. The rooms at the Weston are used for student accomodation, therefore fairly basic & only available part of the year but for the price, I think you'd be hard to find anything better.
The hotel's very clean, in a quiet location, the staff are very helpful & it's in easy walking distance of Piccadilly Station & the city centre shops, bars, restaurants etc.
It also has an unusual centrepiece!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel
2  Thank HarleeShropshire
Reviewed 24 August 2009

I stayed here for one night after a flight schedule change made it necessary to overnight in Manchester. I wanted something really cheap and this fit the bill nicely!
The room looked exactly like the photos on the website so there were no surprises. The bathroom was very small and a little mouldy around the shower tray, but it was clean all the same. The water pressure in the shower was excellent and there was plenty of hot water. The bed was comfortable. I really missed having a TV though
The breakfast - which I paid and extra £9.95 for was served in the Days and was excellent, all self service. There was plenty of choice.
All in all it was perfectly adequate for the price paid, I won't be rushing back there though, next time I will pay a few quid extra and stay in a hotel, but if you are literally just looking for a bed for the night it's absolutely fine

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo