“Cute Little New York Style Restaurant”

Frankie & Benny's New York Restaurant
Ranked #874 of 2,246 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$15 - US$22
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Frankie & Benny's brings together the best of classic American and Italian in both style and cuisine. In typical stateside fashion, service at Frankie & Benny's is second to none! Nothing is too much trouble for our obliging and friendly staff. So you can relax, settle into your booth and relish the wonderful feeling of a very satisfied appetite... Frankie & Benny's is open for breakfast every day, breakfast dishes start from just £3.95 - With free tea & coffee refills after the first one is purchased! Dine from the great value lunch menu offering main courses for only £6.95 Available Monday-Friday 11am-5pm! Or enjoy the popular Specials Menu for only £9.95, Top up to two and three courses for an additional £2 each, Sunday-Friday. Monday Madness! 25% Off your food bill on Monday Evenings - available between 5pm and 10pm. Excludes Bank Holidays, terms & conditions apply.
“Cute Little New York Style Restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Decided to eat hear as it was close by where we were staying for the weekend and just on the edge of town. We were greeted by a lovely young lady who was very happy to serve us and had a little chat with us every now and then throughout our meal which was lovely. Went for the Philly Steak Bake which was super filling and tasty. I didn't manage to finish my meal in the end as there was so much to eat but then again any pasta dish is. We even tried a cocktail each off the menu which was very good. When we eventually got our bill I noticed that we had been charged twice for a cocktail which we only had one of went over and quried it with the lady thatseated us and she took this off our bill no problem. However upon checking my bank it seems that I was charged the original bill with the extra drink on instead of the re-printed one with the correct price, not sure if it was a genuine mistake or not but overall enjoyed this visit here

• Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Manchester
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Under staffed and greasy!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Our experience at 'frankie and bennys' started bad and progressively got worse. From the moment we walked through the door we were ignored, I thought this May just be because if a busy period, although at a glance down the restaurant I could see it actually was not very busy at all. Finally after we were seated (in a shabby dark corner away from any other costumer sat in a cold draft blowing directly at is from the door) We ordered our drinks initially and was told the waitress would be right back with them and to continue with our food order. We had to wait at least 10 mins to receive our drinks as there were at least 3 more orders from other tables taken, prepared and delivered. We then made our food order and to be fair the staters came out in good timing. The starters were very bland, basic and boring to look at let alone eat. As soon as our plates were taken, the mains arrived, which can only tell me they were sat on the food pass having been cooked way before we had finished our starters. We both had the Philly cheese burgers for mains.. They were disgusting, greasy and of poor quality ingredients, the bun was nasty, dry and fell apart which a slight touch. We asked for a mayonnaise sauce to go with the meals which was only delivered when we had both finished the burgers. My experience here was not pleasant or fulfilling, I shall not be returning. It was a waste of £40.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Samfarrelly
Cheshire, UK
“Bit of a paltry amount for the money paid :O(”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

We went to Frankie & Benny's for a quick bite to eat before meeting friends. Although it was handy and the staff very friendly I have to say my lemon chicken salad was very poor.
I had two thin pieces of not-very-lemony-tasting chicken perched on top of a mound of salad that was a bit of a mish-mash; all mixed-in stuff that didn't have any taste to it.....no dressing or anything!
For the price, about £11.75, I thought the chicken that I was served was worth about £1!! It was extremely poor. I left still feeling very hungry and probably would not go back.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank MoosieEm
TRGManager, Guest Relations Manager at Frankie & Benny's New York Restaurant, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear MoosieEm,
Thank you for leaving us a review and we're sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable meal at our Manchester restaurant. We have passed your comments regarding your disappointing food dishes on to the Area Manager responsible for the branch, who will personally review the operation with the chefs and the restaurant management team, to ensure the specific issues you have raised are fully addressed
We hope that you will visit us again, and that your faith in our restaurant can be restored.
Thanks
Tasha
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Give it a miss if you wish to avoid food poisioning!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

After a less than average meal and service last week, I suddenly found myself with a 48 hour dose of food poisoning to follow. Very unpleasant and very much not worth it for the meal I had.

Very sad as I have enjoyed dining at other Frankie and Benny's restaurants in my area, however this one seems to be in league of its own. I am not currently in the middle of taking this matter up with the head office, who are conducting an investigation into the matter.

• Visited February 2014
Oldham, United Kingdom
“lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

Was Christmas shopping on 12.12.13 in Manchester. It was very busy but the staff were very helpful and polite. We soon had a clean table and ordered our food. Our waiter was John who we were told normally worked at a different restaurant but was called in because they were extra busy. What an asset, nothing too much trouble. We chose from the specials list and had one course each for a total of £13.90. Excellent value so much so we could not eat a dessert. When the bill arrived we realised that a mistake had been made and that we had only been charged for one glass of wine instead of two. John went and had a word with the manager Bruno who came over to thank us for our honesty and said that it was their error and we would not be charged. What more can we say. Definately worth another viisit.

• Visited December 2013