“First Visit, better than expected”

Dough Pizza Kitchen
Ranked #169 of 2,431 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$9 - US$22
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are an independent pizza restaurant, serving breakfast lunch and dinner. We have a wide offering of pizzas, milkshakes, desserts and pasta dishes served in a casual setting. All our food from our dips to our pizza bases are made from scratch here on site. This allows us to really understand our guests dietary requirements.
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Now I love pizza's, much to the concern of my wife, so as we sat in the Blue Pig contemplating where to eat I looked at tripadvisor for nearby restaurants, not that the Blue Pig doesn't sell food, it was just a bit noisey.

Well I found the Dough Pizza kitchen, paradise, my favorite; Pizza! Now the reviews, well they sort of concerned us, however as we had a few hours to kill a wait for food would be ok. When we arrived we were seated promptly, drinks order taken, drinks arrived, ordered some spiced nuts. These were a bit spicy for the other half. Then we ordered the pizza, it arrived in a timely fashion and was superb. No rush to get rid of us either, so overall quite happy, and the cost was reasonable as well.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Visited Dough on many occasions with my family. This time, I took 4 teenage boys to eat on a Sunday night.

The menu has changed from quirky and fun to a boring ordinary Italian pizzeria.

Gone have to dough stick and other great starter and in with burnt garlic bread pizzas.

The marinated vegetable pizza was very greasy and tasteless, no hint of the chillies or the mint.

The waiters were uninterested and inattentive.

I will need some convincing to go back. Shame as this was one of the best restaurant in the Northern Quarter of Manchester.

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Booked here last minute for a birthday night out for a table of ten, restaurant itself is lovely, food was really good and really quick in arriving, we did pre order the day before as there was so many of us, but really good food at a really good price, will definitely go back again.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We were shown straight to our table, our drinks order was taken very quickly, the green tea and apple bellini's were amazing.

Both of our pizzas were great, the bases werent heavy, the cheese was really nice. They werent joking when they said it had chilli's on it, hot without being unpleasant.

Our waitress was lovely and really helpful. I would definitely go again, really reasonably priced too, £50 for two pizzas, two desserts and lots of drinks.

The venue is really nice, very modern, really good space between the tables too. Great location for drinks afterwards.

Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Not bad but equally not great. For a place specialising in pizza they were a bit greasy for my liking. Also service was not fantastic, was left standing for a good 5mins before being seated yet there were a lot of staff looking less than busy.