“Good atmosphere & music”
Review of Lammars - CLOSED

Lammars
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Myself and my girlfriend visited on a Saturday night.

Pros:
-Friendly staff - security and bar. We got a friendly "Good night" from a doorman on exit.
-Trendy decor
-Plentiful seating
-Relaxed atmosphere
-Wide choice of alcoholic drinks
-Dance floor with disco lighting
-DJ played an eclectic mix of music

Cons:
-We paid a £2 entry fee each as it was after 9pm on a Saturday.

1  Thank jonotennis

Reviewed 16 December 2013

I have been here a few times over the last year and it is great place to go a for a great range of music from 70s disco and cheese, to up to date pop music. We ended our xmas works night out here Saturday night and we all had a great time on the dance floor despite the age range being from mid 20s to late 40s. I totally disagree with other people's comments about it being full of rapists, it is one of the only night clubs in Manchester where I have not had to avoid touchey - feeley men on the dance floor!

1  Thank goodymanchester7
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We booked one of the function rooms here last month for my wife's birthday.
The room was a good space and the staff were very helpful and attentive, my wife was very happy and enjoyed spending her big 50th birthday here. The DJ who i think came on around 9pm also played our kind of music and had us all dancing for the majority of the night.

2  Thank Darren G
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I've been to Lammars 5-6 times over the last few years and each time its been full of sleazy men and townie blokes.

Ironically my Mrs and her mates call it the rape bar as its the bar most likely to have that happen. Low and behold open the Manchester evening news tonight and that very thing has happened.

the doormen are really rough non professional types.

AVOID this dump there's tons of nice bars in the nq without going here. I wouldnt ever let my Mrs or any female friend go here.

1  Thank Anthony N
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Nice bar with DJ & food. A little 'bling' decor but fun if you're on a hen night/works do and want something cheery & cheesy. We had the buffet selection which was ok but good value & enjoyed a little dance & some cocktails. Centrally located and safe. Would recommend to groups of all ages.

2  Thank littlecaf