“Terrible attitude from bouncer”
Review of Lammars - CLOSED

Lammars
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Terrible attitude from bouncer”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Beware the 1:30am rule. Once you step out, you're not allowed back in. Despite the stamp they give you on your hand, and bouncers on hand. They were warning people heading out for a smoke but my friend wasn't informed. So, if she couldn't come back in, we had no choice but to all leave.
My friend tried to ask if she could come back but the bouncer ws extremely rude, dismissive and unnecessarily exaggerating the complaint with saying she had been' passive aggressively talking for over 20 minutes'. This was not the case. Another friend had to be escorted off the premises, which wasn't warranted. This was a sour end to the night. Bouncers were the worst we've ever encountered. Will not visit again.

Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
“Tacky, Over Priced and in The Dark Ages”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Over priced drinks for what's dressed out like a tacky Blackpool venue. Bar staff ok only plus. Music too out of date and sound system rattles a bit when on too loud, which it generally is as you can't hear people next to you. Music's flamboyant at best. Bouncers very scruffy and act like they've been pulled in from job centre to have a go at it. Rude, obnoxious, uncaring. Like a throw back to 1980s ITV wrestlers on a power trip. 1 looks and acts like Gisnt Haystacks. We attended for a reunion in a group of 10 professionals male and female. Entered bar about 8pm. A couple of us exited for a cigarette on way back in got stopped by staff to pay 2 pound as now after 9. Explained was in previously as did other members of our group. Wouldn't be believed. Bouncers said 'we're not here to baby sit you, ha, now pay'. Owner was very weak and said nothing he would do. They lost circa 500 pound revenue, future and existing customers for a power trip and a 2 pound entry. Believe me this place is a step back  into the dark ages in terms of management, decor and music. Poor attendance is leading to over pricing, charging to get in, cheap seemingly untrained door staff. Avoid or you risk people trying to give you a poor night. Bar around corner, think called Lolas, was far superior. Great door staff, atmosphere, music, drinks, the lot. We had a great night in the end but no thanks to the out dated Lammars. Will be sure never to return again. Fu Fu would not be pleased.

2 Thank Andrew D
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Valentines Rip Off...”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Went to Lammars valentines day 2014. I had previously visited this place a number of years ago and found it to be amazing. however this time it was not how I had remembered it. I was looking forward to Tapas. In reality I got a set menu that I could have created at home. Paté which was obviously bought in to start and steak which was managable with 2 very rubbery prawns on top. I also witnessed the bar staff visiting the kitchen and helping themselves to something in a big pan, quite a few times, in fact. To wash it down we had 2 mojitos that were the most bitter mojitos I have ever had and could've definitely have made them better at home. In general an absolute shambles...

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Ben M
“Good atmosphere & music”
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Myself and my girlfriend visited on a Saturday night.

Pros:
-Friendly staff - security and bar. We got a friendly "Good night" from a doorman on exit.
-Trendy decor
-Plentiful seating
-Relaxed atmosphere
-Wide choice of alcoholic drinks
-Dance floor with disco lighting
-DJ played an eclectic mix of music

Cons:
-We paid a £2 entry fee each as it was after 9pm on a Saturday.

1 Thank jonotennis
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great place for a cheesey night out!”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I have been here a few times over the last year and it is great place to go a for a great range of music from 70s disco and cheese, to up to date pop music. We ended our xmas works night out here Saturday night and we all had a great time on the dance floor despite the age range being from mid 20s to late 40s. I totally disagree with other people's comments about it being full of rapists, it is one of the only night clubs in Manchester where I have not had to avoid touchey - feeley men on the dance floor!

• Visited December 2013