“Best Persian restaurant around!”
Review of Alborz Restaurant

Alborz Restaurant
Ranked #159 of 2,326 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$9 - US$30
Cuisines: Persian
Description: Located in the Levenshulme area of Manchester, Alborz Restaurant offers quality traditional Persian cuisine. From Freshly baked Nan bread to delicious Persian Kebabs.
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Have just left the restaurant now, food outstanding and all cooked fresh! I ordered kaskebadamjan and I saw the chef peeling the auberjine for my dish (it may take longer but well worth the wait) staff very welcoming the true Iranian way! I come here from Wigan often and it's worth the drive!

1  Thank Michael M
There are newer reviews for Alborz Restaurant

Reviewed 12 October 2012

My husband and I visited this tiny restaurant for a meal last night, having been here the last time we were in Manchester 2 years ago. It was still really good food for really good value. They serve Persian cuisine, so lots of lamb, herbs, kebabs. The food was all so fresh and full of flavour! And the best, thinnest naan bread I've ever had. They don't have an alcohol license but they are happy for you to bring your own bottle and even supplied a cork screw and glasses complete with a smile. We both had 2 courses served with a lovely big dish of basmati rice. I had a lamb stew rich with herbs and my husband had lamb with lentils and a choice of chips or aubergine. He went for the aubergine and it was beautiful, good enough to eat as an extra side dish. Sadly they don't offer desserts but we were able to buy a small selection of pastries to have at home. For the 2 of us the bill was only £24. We'll definitely eat there again, just wish we got here more often!

1  Thank Maureen C
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We don't really go for pretentious-feeling eateries and pretentious this certainly isn't. Iranian pop-videos in the background strangely don't distract from the friendly owners' attention and the fantastic food. This really is the real deal with extraordinary textures and flavours, all freshly made and at an incredibly low price. Don't go there if you like ordinary food! They're happy to teach you how to use the strange paraphernalia which comes with some of the dishes. Also, being able to take your own alcohol without (as far as I can tell) a corking charge is really generous

2  Thank Mohalom
Reviewed 24 February 2012

One of the best places i ate in, food was great, the real thing plus it was HALAL.

2  Thank BigMo78
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Very tasty and cooked food and fresh bread. The price for our family was very good as we are 6 people, absolutely try again .

4  Thank suzzy128