The Light ApartHotel
US$159
US$119
US$107
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$156
US$112
US$96
  • Free Internet
All reviewsthe penthousebed apartmenthot tubtesco express next doortesco metronorthern quarterwashing machinehen partyon arrivalgreat apartmentliving areathese apartmentsarndale centredining tablecar parkcomplimentary upgradefloor to ceiling windows
Reviewed 10 June 2011

This really is a fantastic find in central Manchester! The apartment was extremely well equipped,incredibly spacious, light and airy, with the most incredible views out over manchester and beyond. The rooms were beautifully decorated and very luxurious in true boutique style. As a group of girls visiting Manchester it was a perfect base, very well placed for shopping, theatres ,restaurants etc all within easy walking! The staff were extremely helpful and very friendly which enhanced the overall experience. We're already planning our next stay !

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2011

I booked a 2 bed apartment for myself and 3 friends and didn't have the best start to the stay. I can't believe noone else has mentioned what a nightmare the underground carpark belonging to the hotel is to park in. It took several attempts and a lot of stress to get into a spot and one of the other members of our party badly damaged her car in doing so (and received no sympathy from the recepition staff). There is an NCP carpark across the road - pay the extra and apark in there! We arrived half an hour before check in time and were not allowed in even half an hour early. The 'luxury' hamper is a loaf of warbartons white bread, a bottle of orange juice, a tiny bottle milk, 2 yoghurts and 2 mini boxes cereal (NO chocolate!), so if you plan to have breakfast there take more of your own. The door on the balcony was very difficult to open and the TV didn't work. The apartment looks very modern and nicely decorated on first arrival but the sofa is uncomfortable and the beds are tiny (but very comfortable)! The view though from the balcony was great and the apartment was very light. Oh and we didn't get dressing gowns as the website promised. Overall, its overrated, a bit shabby and overpriced, although the 2 maintanance guys who help me gt OUT of the carpark were very nice and a godsend to me - so thanks to them.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank HJD74
Reviewed 7 June 2011

Stayed for one night in a two bed apartment.
PRO'S: Staff were friendly and helpful. Good location for shops and transport around manchester. Good size apartment with everything you need.

CON'S: Some areas of neglect, cleaning could be more thorough (the dishwasher in particular was a no go area). Tired Sofa and a very unstable table which made eating time a challenge. We had to ask for toilet rolls as we only had a couple of sheets left on the roll when we arrived. The breakfast hamper could be better (2 small boxes of cereal, 2 yoghurts, 2 bottles of water in an apartment for 4??). We did have bread and a very small bottle of milk with tea, coffee and sugar a plenty.

These apartments could be great if they just spent a little bit more attention to detail.
I think I would stay again because the location is so good but it would have to be good deal.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2011

We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment on 5th June at The Light and I can't praise the place enough. We arrived at around 2pm we parked our car in the secure parking area which you need to pre book with the hotel for £10 but i can say that the parking is really secure and worth the money. Once we got into reception, the staff were very pleasant and really helpful and I couldn't praise them enough. We had to wait untip 3pm to check in (normal check in time) so we left our bags for an hour and went to one of the many pubs scattered around within walking distance. The apartments themselves are close to the Arndale shopping centre. We arrived back at 3pm and our room was ready and we were checked in fairly quick. once we got in our room, we couldn't fault it. The kitchen and bathroom were modern and clean and the bedrooms were spacious and comfortable. We then preceded our afternoon as we went to watch Take That at the City of Manchester Stadium. the hotel arranged us a taxi and off we went. We then arrived back at the hotel at around midnight and the night satff were friendly once again. We had a comfortable sleep with no noise whatsoever.

I can honestly say that I would definately stay here again should ever I need to visit Manchester again.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maverick718
Reviewed 29 May 2011

I checked into The Light for the most difficult of reasons; a family member was critically ill in the nearby North General Hospital and I needed to be nearby. I'd looked at the hotels in the area and finding them full, I recalled having walked past The Light on the way to the station. I looked at it online and realised it offered apartments and that they were a cheaper and better alternative and that I could get a much better rate for several times the amount of space. Checking in, I realised that there would be lots of benefits, like a washing machine to do my relatives washing, and the fact that I could eat "at home" rather than having to face the world each night. The flat was huge for an apart-hotel, almost as big as my own flat, and has the most amazing view across Manchester, which is particularly magical at night. After a couple of nights it became clear that my stay would be longer than I thought. The Manager was attentive and genuinely sympathetic and immediately arranged for me to stay in my room at the same discounted rate. Amazing. All of the staff were warm and helpful, but this is the kind of stuff you can't buy. A great hotel that offers everything you need, even at the most difficult of moments.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo