“WOW, ignore some reviews”

The Light ApartHotel
Reviewed 1 October 2013

we have now stayed here on 6 occasions and we just felt we had to put something on here as when we first booked we were a bit skeptical due to some not so great reviews. Let me just explain that when you stay in apart hotels you don't get daily service, and you usually get once a week. At The Light you get a full clean once a week, and half way through the week you get a light clean. they provide on request fresh towels, or any other essentials....but you have to ask. In america we are used to these aparthotel and it works so well. We love them, and we especially love this one. The staff are so great and helpfull and we usually arrives early morning from the US and the room is ready for us to jump into bed after a long flight. A special thank you to Lynda who looked so well after us a few weeks ago. Also we have now been given a loyalty discount code that give us 15% off on their website. We are back in November. Sam and Clair

Room Tip: the two bedroom family rooms are spacious. We have also stayed in two bedroom executive...beautiful...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
thelight20, Guest Relations Manager at The Light ApartHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Sam and Clair

Thank you for your kind review.

You are correct in saying that aparthotels are a relatively new concept in the uk.
People are gradually coming to understand how they work and mostly comment that they are the best bit of a hotel with the feeling and space of home.

I will also certainly pass on your praise to Lynda too.

Once again thanks and see you soon

Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

We booked this place as a one bedroom apartment was a similar price to a city centre hotel.

It was fantastic to have a little kitchen diner to make breakfast in along with our bedroom. We were very impressed when we arrived, but there were many things we didn't like.

1) The two lifts are shockingly bad. The builsing has 17 floors but only two slow-moving lifts. You can wait several minutes for it to arrive.

2) The wifi was very poor indeed. I could barely get a stable connection. Fortunately there is a good 3G signal though so I could get online via mobile.

3) The shower screen was far too small so the bathroom floor got soaked every time we used it.

4) The sheet was too small for the bed so didn't tuck in properly

5) The room wasn't cleaned during our stay. We paid quite a lot for this hotel so really we expected it.

6) Our keycard stopped working part way through our stay. Although they were very quick to replace it, this means two long waits for the lift.

This sort of accommodation is a great alternative to an entry level hotel. While I would book similar again, I wouldn't rebook this place.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank AnInspectorCalls_Rob

I was pleased to read that you felt our pricing competitive in the Manchester market.
The concept of an aparthotel means that servicing of apartments are not conducted everyday.
On the 4th day of your stay a light service is provided with a full service and linen change done on the 7th day.
The shower screen installed on the over bath shower is of a standard UK size and bath floor mats are provided for safety also.
I have noted your comment re the WIFI and now that I am aware have tasked out IT company with a resolution.
As you stated reception are on hand for anything you may need and I am thrilled that you find the aparthotel more to your needs

Kind Regards

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We booked the light apart for a night through late rooms. After reading many reviews I wasn't too sure what to expect. I was a bit worried about the lifts as my mum was with us. We checked in no problem. Lifts both worked perfectly. Apartment was lovely. No great issue with the balcony door. Bathrooms very clean. Other people coming back in from nights out were very noisy, but hey ho. Great central location. Ideal for my daughter who is 14 for shopping. Great pie shop on the corner just down the way. Parked in the NCP multi storey car park no problem. Would return again. Thanx for a great stay.

Room Tip: Two bed apartment suite is best if there are four of you. Was nice to relax in the front room area w...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Ruth,

Thank you for reviewing The Light, I’m glad to hear that you and your family had a nice visit to Manchester and would return in the future, we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

My partner recently stayed in the penthouse terraced apartment for a stag weekend. The room was amazing and the perfect place to hold a party so that everyone could get together. The staff were extremely helpful and welcoming throughout the weekendand very accommodating.

The view was awesome and made for a good backdrop to the photos. There were some problems with the hot tub. The staff were made aware, however, it took some time for the maintenance team to look at this which was disappointing. We were able to use it but this was several hours laters which was not ideal. To the credit of the deputy manager, he offered compensation for the inconvenience which was much appreciated as everyone knows that things go wrong/ break down from time to time. In a not so perfect situation he did the best that he could and you cannot really ask for more than that.

Definitely recommend the penthouse for parties as it is the idea backdrop for a brilliant night!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Sam,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Light on behalf of your partner. We are so glad we managed to make his stag weekend memorable.

I’m sorry that they had some problems with the hot tub but I’m happy that Steven the Deputy GM was able to resolve the issues for them.

Thank you again for reviewing the ApartHotel, we look forward to welcoming you both to The Light as husband & wife soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

A few weeks back I saw a room advertised at this hotel and continued to book for my friends and I to stay on a Saturday in October.

Half an hour later I received a cancellation confirmation suggesting that my card details had been entered incorrectly. After attempting to rebook, I found that the rooms had been taken offline and after some investigation (and chaser emails) I found out that the hotel had an issue with the upload of prices and that in fact, they had cancelled my booking due to their technology error. I was given no apology, or an alternative room with perhaps a discount as a gesture of good will and apology but instead told that I could contact the hotel direct to rebook a room at what was now an inflated price....

I was very disappointed that the Light Aparthotel didn't think to apologise or offer some kind of alternative accommodation with a discounted rate when deciding not to fulfil their obligation of the booking under which I had made, instead hoping that an automated response telling me it was my fault was the better Customer Services approach.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
thelight20, Guest Relations Manager at The Light ApartHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear Guest

I have read your comments with concern as the information you have posted is incorrect.
As explained in several emails, where we apologized also - you were attempting to book an apartment with us here through a third party online travel agent.
It was from this site that your problems arose and we offered best available rates with reductions direct at the hotel to try and help with the situation but you chose to decline and refuse to book.
I there fore feel that your posting is a grossly unjust assassination of the hotel.

We do hope to welcome you for a stay at some point where we would do all we can to make your booking process and stay an enjoyable one.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

On arriving we had to send one of the group into the hotel to find out where the car park is - underground !! Extremely tricky place to park even in an Astra !
The hotel reception staff were friendly enough.
The rooms are amazing. We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment near te top floor, the views off the balcony were spectacular.
The beds are super comfy. Decor is flash and the bathrooms are swanky.
The light is an amazing hotel/apartments. If you can afford it as a treat its well worth every penny to stay here.
And the location is bang in the centre.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Charlotte,

Thank you for reviewing The Light and your kind comments on our amenities and team here. The car park is snug but is a lovely secure addition to the aparthotel and fear not there is 2 other NCP car parks on the doorstep.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review the ApartHotel, we look forward to welcoming you and your party back in the future.

Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

The locations of the hotel is excellent. Everything is nearby, Arndale Market, Tram, Piccadilly Station.
The furniture of the apartment is comfortable, the kitchen is fully stuffed.
But the problem is with the elevators. There are just 2 elevators serves the 18 floors, which sometimes I had to wait long time.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Light and your kind comments on our location and amenities.
Like every hotel, our aparthotel is no exception, we all have peak times i.e breakfast or check out ect and the lifts can be busy but i do thank you for your patience.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.