The Light ApartHotel
Hotels.com
US$138
US$124
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$134
US$126
US$98
  • Free Internet
All reviewsthe penthousebed apartmenthot tubtesco express next doortesco metronorthern quarterwashing machinehen partyon arrivalgreat apartmentliving areathese apartmentsarndale centredining tablecar parkcomplimentary upgradefloor to ceiling windows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed at The Light Aparthotel with four friends, all said they would love to stay again. The apartments are situated very close to the shopping centre with good parking nearby.

Checking in was very efficient and the receptionists throughout our stay were very helpful.

The whole place is very clean and well run. The apartments were modern, clean and with comfy furnishings.

The whole place leaves you with the impression that they want you to have an enjoyable time with free water, coffee, milk. Lovely bedrooms with stylish decor. The place was not overrun with loud party goers and so a good nights sleep was had by all.

I will definitely be staying here again and would thoroughly recommend this place.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Helen W
thelight20, Guest Relations Manager at The Light ApartHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Helen

Thank you for your amazing review of us on Tripadvisor. We were pleased to see that you were really well looked after, your comments are exactly how we like our guests feel, compared to previous accommodation you had visited before in Manchester.

We can’t wait to welcome you all back here in the future.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stay at the hotel each month. The staff have got to know me and they are professional and obliging. I always get a good nights sleep which can be difficult when you are away from home, the firm pillows and quality bed linen and beds show the attention to detail, I run a business thus wi fi and being able to work in my room as though it were my office is important, the connections are good and I get through a lot of work in the evenings when staying at The Light. The rooms are spacious and of a good standard. For business I think this is the place to stay in Manchester..

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Carole N

Dear Carole

We were delighted to read your review of the Light ApartHotel on the Tripadvisor website; I will ensure your comments regarding the team will be passed on.

Our brand new Wi-Fi system we have had installed is certainly great for when you are working away from home.

Thank you once again, and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I regularly use this apart-hotel when I'm in Manchester for business. It's located overlooking the Northern Quarter, with easy access to bars/restaurants. Piccadilly Train Station is a mere 15 minute walk away and within a stone's throw of a Tesco and Co-Op for any shopping.

Here's a breakdown of the pros and cons.

Pros.
Speedy check-in/check-out
Polite Staff
Great room decor
L'Occitane toiletries
Phenomenal Views (to most of the rooms)
Location

Cons
The on-site gym is very basic, with limited CV equipment.
Underground car-park spaces very small, and not competitively priced compared to NCP car parks less than 2 mins walk away.

Room Tip: Ask to have as high a floor as possible facing in the direction of Affleck's Palace.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your constructive review of the Light on Tripadvisor. The location and easy access to the Hotel is certainly a plus point for both business and leisure users, and being self-catering apartments the many local shops are really useful for our guests.

The 24 hour complimentary use of the Gym is received well but we always welcome any feedback to improve what we provide. The Car Parking is mirrored with the local NCP’s with the benefit of being secure and direct access to the lifts to all floors of the Hotel.

Looking forward to your next stay with us, which I can see is already booked in.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I booked the Glitz hen package for a group of 17 travelling up from London to Manchester for the weekend. The package included one 10 person penthouse and then other luxury apartments. On the week of arrival I was contacted by the hotel to be informed of how our group would be split. I informed the hen group of accommodation arrangements only to find when we were checking in that this had been changed again; our 10 person penthouse had been split into a 6 and 4. I was a bit disappointed that I had not been informed of this before we arrived at the check in desk, especially as communication to this point had been fantastic. Every time I phoned the hotel to check details everyone I spoke to was so helpful. This is probably the only small disappointment of the stay.

The apartments were well decorated and clean and airy. The base penthouse had been decorated with hen banners and balloons and this was a really nice touch as the group arrived together and we had no time to pre decorate before the bride to be arrived. We were provided with wine as part of our hen package and also complimentary sparkling wine was included. Again, it's things like these and the l'occitane gift bags we were all provided with which all add to the stay.

The apartment is very centrally located with a Tesco express just next door and also cafés nearby for late breakfast/lunch.

I would definitely return to Manchester and definitely recommend the Light to a group who are looking for good value, well located, good standard of apartments. Thanks again to all of the staff at The Light who I spoke to in the run up to our stay.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Simone W

Hi Simone

Thank you for your lovely review of the ApartHotel via Tripadvisor, we were really pleased to see that all the girls enjoyed a fabulous weekend.

We have tried to contact you regarding the complimentary upgrade to 2 Penthouses rather than 1, but have been unable to get hold of you. We hope that this surprise would have added extra comfort to the special occasion.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Light in the near future.

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Came here as a group of 18 for a Hen weekend. From all accounts everyone seemed to be really happy with the apartments we were given.

The one I stayed in in particular was on the 14th floor so we had a great view. Decor was really modern & the apartment itself was spotlessly clean. Came with great amenities such as washer/dryer, ironing board, safe in the bedroom etc.

Reception had a drinks area which we loved. You could help yourself to tea, coffee, hot chocolate or juice as well as yogurts too-a godsend coming home from a night out or even the morning after.

Apartments themselves are in a fab location-we walked to the train station home, about a 10min walk & we were close to the shops too.

Would definitely stay again & recommend to others. A great time was had by all.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mairead F
thelight20, Guest Relations Manager at The Light ApartHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for placing your feedback through TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure to read your comments and we are so glad that the hen weekend was everything you wanted it to be.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again soon