My partner and I booked the Clubbing Package and stayed in Room 23. Our package, at a reduced rate, included breakfast, late checkout and a bottle of champagne.
I was impressed with:
- Friendliness of the hotel reception staff
- Service @ Reception from the Night Manager - he recommended a fantastic Indian restaurant to us, and was incredibly patient with all our queries.
- Very well priced minibar, loved the tuckbox too.
- Little touches like the DVD rental library, the turndown service, the welcome tray, REN cosmetics - gorgeous!
- The bed was VERY comfortable - nice pillows too.
- The way the hotel is designed to make you feel as though you are staying as a houseguest in someone's very swanky home.
- That someone went to find my necklace that I had misplaced, after we had checked out, and they found it for me - very good service!
- The breakfast was very good - try their Eggs Benedict - they are awesome!
The room itself was very nice. The decor is lovely and very individual. There could have been better lighting for doing makeup in the bathroom and I noticed the lack of coathooks for wet coats (it was raining), but those were minor niggles. Yes, there was noise from the bar, but as we were aware of this beforehand it didn't bother us at all. The bar closed at 2 am and we didn't really notice a lot of noise after that.
All in all, I loved this hotel and would gladly stay again, and pay full price for our room next time. I have never stayed in any hotel in Europe that has this much attention to customer satisfaction. Full marks to Velvet!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The chic Velvet Hotel on Canal Street opened in April 2009. It has 19 air-conditioned, decadent boudoirs with free Wi-Fi access and distinctive, modern designs. Velvet Manchester is well connected to Canal Street's Cafe Society. It is a premiere venue in which to eat and drink, relax or party, and has friendly, discreet service.The individual, stylish rooms have digital TV, an iPod docking station, Burt’s Bees toiletries and an in-room 'cocktail and canapé' packages, and more.Continental and full English breakfasts feature locally sourced ingredients and are served in the basement-level Velvet Restaurant (at an additional cost). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Velvet Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Velvet Hotel Manchester