Velvet Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$181
US$160
  • Restaurant
Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$82
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$171
US$127
Travelocity
1,858 results
All reviewscanal streetfresh milkbalcony roomrubber duckbath butlerdouble baththe penthouselittle touchesboutique hotelon arrivalturn down servicegay villageice bucketmini barroll top bathfantastic hotelsaturday night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Stayed jan 26th my wife and i in a penthouse...... from the moment we arrived to when we left the stay was fantastic..... Very proffesional experience by all staff.. this includes the restaurant and cleaners.. Ricky was exceptional and gave you that homely feeling.. not pretentious like a lot of larger hotels whose reception seem to be up their own backside!! Boutique hotels add that extra personal touch and this certainly did....

We had lunch an evening meal and breakfast here and all where excellent... the seabass cooked perfect but the one thing that sealed it for us was having 'yorkshire tea' in the room, class!!

We only stayed one night but was tempted to phone home and ask the mother in law to watch the children for another night..haha

We absolutely loved this place and canal street is so funny even if you just people watch... we had been out to the warehouse project and arrived back at 3am and it was still booming...it warranties its number 1 position....Brilliant!!

Keep up the good work Velvet and we'll see you soon!!!!!

Mr & Mrs Cors.......

it

Room Tip: get a penthouse..
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marcusstell
Reviewed 6 February 2013

If you want quality with a friendly atmosphere this is hotel for you. The experience starts from the moment you arrive. The staff are very attentive they ensure that you want for nothing. Most hotels forget something you often look around your room as say I wish it had this or that. Not at this hotel they have thought of everything what’s more you do not pay silly money. How many places can you go where you get this much quality at an affordable price, not many. The place is so nice we are planning to visit Manchester just in order to stay again.

Room Tip: All rooms look quality we stayed in 16.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2013

This time I stayed in a King room (21), which I think is much better value than the balcony. The bathroom is slightly smaller, but the room itself actually felt a bit bigger, and was wonderfully decked out. It was turned down at least a couple of times, and each time a couple of extra treats appeared, which along with the complimentary coffee/snacks helps to elevate this place beyond reasonable expectations for a 4 star hotel. The staff were ready to help beyond the call of duty, and the room service was superb. This hotel is a delight, and now my regular whenever in Manchester.

The only tiny niggles I have are that anyone with a new iPhone won't be able to use the dock, which doesn't cater for it, and I'd advise guests to pay in cash (with photo ID) because otherwise the hotel will take the cost of the room from your available balance twice, and you'll have to wait several days to get the first fee back from your bank.

Room Tip: Unless you're going to use the balcony a lot, the difference between the King and Balcony rooms doesn't warrant the extra cost in my experience.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank kalifire
Reviewed 3 February 2013 via mobile

I was looking for the perfect hotel to take my sister for a surprise birthday treat in Manchester. I asked friends who live in the city and without exception, everyone recommended Velvet hotel. I made the call to the hotel and exceptionally accommodating and friendly staff have me the choice of their stunning rooms. Each room was decorated to a unique, stylish and very high standard- every one of which had its own theme and decor. It was so difficult to pick one amongst the array of amazing options, but I chose room 11 and I was so thrilled that the reality was even more perfect than the photos.

On arrival, I was greeted by another member of staff who was equally welcoming and friendly and we were shown to our bedroom. We were blown away. We were left to explore and were thrilled with the exposed walls, vintage chairs and mirrors, fluffy robes, stunningly high ceilings and everything you could need for a night away (iron, hair dryer, toiletries, lovely towels, iPod dock with alarm, TV and token rubber ducks!!!) Our friendly member of staff returned to our room moments later with an ice box for our champagne, assortments of short breads and biscuits, and tea/coffee. Everything was like clockwork. We felt like we were in a luxury apartments in NYC and were reluctant to leave the room.

After a wonderful night in Manchester and great nights sleep on a super comfy king size bed, we were treated to a delicious breakfast. We had juices, muesli and fruit followed by a full English breakfast. Bet quality sausages I've had in a hotel breakfast and huge portion. The choice of menu was superb.

I couldn't recommend this hotel highly enough. Stylish rooms, excellent value, wonderful staff, excellent food and in a perfect location. We ate at Jamie's Italian which was a mere 10 minute walk (although we could have eaten in the restaurant which looked superb)

A real experience. I hope to return in March with my husband for his birthday- hopefully one of the stunning suites this time!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Holly K
Reviewed 30 January 2013

It was just lovely, everything about it. My partner and I stayed in the Penthouse suite just before New Year. The location is great and the staff helpful and friendly. It's the nicest hotel I've stayed in and it feels sincere too! Not a massive chain where the charge you for everything. We're ex Manchester residents and stayed here as an indulgent Xmas treat... it's very Canal Street, in terms of decor and it's also in my favourite part of town, so much more lively (and a tad classier too) than Deansgate or out towards the Hilton.
I loved the fact we had a stereo that had digital radio and a place for your i-pod. I loved the fact you get fresh milk for your coffee, fruit and fresh cookies too! It's nice that its all brought to you fresh in cups and on plates, as opposed to in little packets, just makes everything feel more homely.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple