Velvet Hotel
US$118
  • Restaurant
Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$101
US$94
US$133
US$120
  • Room Service
Princess St. Hotel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$141
US$129
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Manchester Central Arena(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$62
Cancelon
  • Bar/Lounge
1,857 results
All reviewscanal streetfresh milkbalcony roomrubber duckbath butlerdouble baththe penthouselittle touchesboutique hotelon arrivalturn down servicegay villageice bucketmini barroll top bathfantastic hotelsaturday night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

Beautiful hotel, brilliant service, friendly staff, individual rooms! We stayed in 25 and friends 24..which was a dramatic room huge bed and a bath to die for. 25 was classier and a big bath but I loved both rooms. Food was great and generous portions...Great champagne cocktails! The only draw back was the room above must have wooden floors because we heard every step. And the walls a little thin. But saying that we mentioned it at reception and they said that they would have taken slippers to the room upstairs if we had said. We shall most definatly go again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We went to Velvets for our works Christmas party and there were14 of us. We went early evening and were sat in a corner of the restaurant. We notified them that I have Coeliacs disease (no gluten) and they said that it would not be a problem. We were shown to our table and we ordered drinks which came quickly. We asked them to delay the meal fro 20 minutes as our Director was running late. Which they did. When the starters came, the food was hot and all the starters were served at the same time. I selected a starter with no gluten in just to be on the safe side. When the main course arrived (traditional turkey dinner) I was concerned about the stuffing and sausage as they were usually made with gluten. However, I was assured that they were all gluten free. When I had the dessert, Madeira sponge trifle this was also confirmed as gluten free, The food was delicious at I felt at ease eating the meal as I did not want to stand out from the group. The food was well cooked and well presented. The extra effort that had gone into making my meal gluten free is exceptional and I will be returning to Velvets regularly. Thank you Velvets it really made a difference to me to have the food gluten free. How did I know if was gluten free, because I did not have raging stomach ache for hours after. No stomach pains, just a very contented Coeliac. EXCELLENT< THANK YOU

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed for three nights, hotel staff were excellent, nothing was too much trouble. We ate in the restaurant one evening and found the food and service very good. Good choice at breakfast and this was also very good. The room we stayed in was lovely, there was a balcony with a heater & seats. The welcome tray was the best I have seen. The bathroom was lovely with a huge bath & separate shower. The hotel is within walking distance of most places you would want to visit and 5 mins. From the train station. We would stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor so we were not bothered by noise from the street or bar, but rooms have wooden floors so you hear people in room above you.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Took my wife here for her birthday.We stayed in a fourth floor penthouse suite. It was an amazing room full of lovely touches. The room was very quiest even though the bar was noisy(we went for a quick dance there).All in all go here you`ll love it guaranteed

Room Tip: Room 404 is ace
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Velvet is a relatively small boutiquey hotel on Canal street in Manchester - which is pretty central. The street itself is traffic free - but parking is available within a couple of minutes walking. The staff were very helpful - escorting us up to our room, which had a great heated balcony (with resident full size model sheep) and four poster bed. The room was well designed - with lots of nice touches - and a large bathroom - with cool LED lights. The lady from check-in explained how everything worked - even down to how to switch the lights off over the minibar!
We didn't eat at the restaurant - but the bar was fun - and the cocktail guys really knew what they were doing. Very friendly - clean and comfortable hotel - and well located - will certainly be back.

Room Tip: loved the heated balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business