Velvet Hotel
Le Ville Hotel(Manchester)
  • Room Service
Monroes Hotel(Manchester)
1,856 results
All reviewscanal streetfresh milkbalcony roomrubber duckbath butlerdouble baththe penthouselittle touchesboutique hotelon arrivalturn down servicegay villageice bucketmini barroll top bathfantastic hotelsaturday night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I took my partner here for our anniversary and only stayed the one night. The staff were friendly, the place itself is very nice and is only a small walk from the centre of Manchester. We stayed in room 24 which had great decor. The bath was huge and stayed in it for a good couple of hours. Its located on canal street so if youre looking for a good nights sleep then don’t go there on a weekend haha. Ive given it a 4 star because of how expensive the hotel is. Its a huge price for a one night stay and would only go back for a special occasion due to the price of the room. If youre looking for somewhere different then this is the place to go to

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Very short notice booking, only booked an hour before arriving and hadn't had chance to read reviews - but we weren't disappointed!

Great service - from the check in, welcome tray and coffee to the breakfast and extra toast to take up to my hungover Mrs!

Rooms are great, very clean. Only two issues were the noise outside and the fact it felt like two single mattresses were used on a double
Bed - minor but there you go!

Would have been a four for those reasons but the brilliant staff more than made it up.

Defo coming back for a summer night out!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Velvet restaurant is one of my favourites so we decided to book a night. And I have to say the room (12 ) was lovely the extras ice lemon biscuits are a nice touch and I was having a great time, unfortunately not being able to get to sleep till 4.45 because of the noise outside ruined it for us, I could not wait to come back as I was loving the hotel so much but it was that bad I don't think we could cope which is a shame as everything else ticks all the boxes.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I write this sitting at the table in Suite 404 at Velvet. Listening to my ipod playing on a super stereo drinking Yorkshire tea in my bathrobe, after an excellent night sleep.
Having just spend a few days staying in Marriotts etc this independent hotel is a real breath of fresh air. Purple velvet wallpaper and bright red faux leather sofas in the room that is a duplex with two bathrooms and every amenity one needs.
OK so its in the center of a very gay village, in fact much more gay and in your face than Village in NYC or Boystown Chicago. Not for the faint hearted but so much to look at!
Plenty of taxis nearby at end of Canal St so no problem getting around and car park on next block.
I didn't eat at restaurant but I have heard good things, plenty of local less expensive options.
I'll never stay at Hilton etc whilst this hotel maintains this standard

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Really lovely hotel, the service was excellent and I couldn't fault the reception. Lovely clean room and bathroom and a nice tray with tea and biscuits is complimentary. We really could not fault the room or the bathroom or the staff but are unable to give this a full 5 stars because of the noise outside. We deliberately chose to stay on a Sunday night so we would not be kept awake by the party people on Canal street but still, we were awoken at around 3am by some screeching ladies having a jolly laugh about something right outside of the hotel. We had breakfast in the hotel and the waiter who served us was just fantastic, feel terrible because I can't remember his name but he was serving with a lady who wasn't as jolly on a Monday morning. The waiter though was fantastic and the breakfast was really good (opted for a full English) we stayed in the room with a 4 poster - it was divine!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple