“A great Theatre and a fantastic show " Evita "” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 171 things to do in Manchester
Leeds, United Kingdom
143 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 655 helpful votes
“A great Theatre and a fantastic show " Evita "”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

We have visited this theatre on many occasions, over the last couple of years, and I have also reviewed it on Tripadvisor in the past. It is a great old building with lots of character, the red and gold decor just add to the overall ambiance. Of course the toilet facilities etc could be better, but that's what you get from such an old theatre. For us we thoroughly enjoy this place, it's what theatre is all about.

EVITA - what a show. This is our third time of seeing it. Our first occasion was in London. The cast was the fabulous Elaine Page, David Essex and Joss Ackland - yes it was many years ago, but the memories last. Yesterday's show was superb, it is the second time we have seen it with the current cast. The actor playing Evita is simply tremendous, as is the actor who plays Peron, his facial expressions are excellent. The relationship between them feels strong and true. The rest of the cast do a very good job indeed. The only fly in the ointment is Marti Pellow, I said in my last review that I thought that he was the weakest link, this has not changed, granted he has improved since last time, but I still feel that he is miscast.

This is a truly great show, one not to be missed. Will we see it a fourth time? "You Betcha ".

2 Thank HappyTravellers222

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 221 helpful votes
“priscilla.restricted seats.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

we could only get restricted seats in the gods and my god itwas high up.i nearly died when i looked down.seats were so uncomfortable i had cramp throughout the whole show.all six of us are quite tall though.at the interval it took so long to get served by the skeleton staff, on a saturday night and last night of tour in manchester,please.by the time we got served the interval end call went out,and the stroppy usher ,male,wouldnt let us take our drinks in.also the same guy kept telling us to sit down at the end when everyone was up dancing.he was like a little hitler.but the show was fantastic and we left on a high.

Visited February 2014
Altrincham, United Kingdom
135 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 264 helpful votes
“Go for the stalls”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

I've been to the Palace theatre on many occasions and have always found the legroom a problem even though I'm just short of 6 feet tall. I've now sussed it out that that's because we've always sat in the circle. This time I booked on line - got the advisory about restricted leg room, and booked the stalls. What a difference, comfortable, row E in the central section gave great views of the stage and allowed you to be part of the production and have space to boogey! Although the stalls are more expensive I don't go to the theatre every week and I would certainly book them again.

5 Thank Ollerbarrow
Lancaster, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Beautiful theatre!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

This is an amazing theatre - the plain exterior hides an ornate Victorian interior which is totally over the top and awe inspiring! The staff are incredibly helpful and friendly. Refreshments are priced as you would expect - but you can take your own if you wish. I recommend the ice cream - delicious! The seats are comfortable and can comfortably accommodate 21st century backsides, which is not always the case in Victorian theatres! The show that we saw was amazing - excellent performance was enhanced by great lighting and sound. We had a fabulous evening and highly recommend this venue!

2 Thank H C
Abergele, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A lovely theatre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Went to see Let It Be at the Palace Theatre, we really enjoyed the Beatles Music, a nice change . The only thing,as in any theatres,the refreshments are a little expensive. But usually you are going for a treat. There's lots of little supermarkets around The Oxford Road area and plenty of bars and Restaurants for before or after. Near Bus and Train stations too . Ticket office next door , very quick and easy to buy or collect your online tickets. Several disabled parking spots in front too

1 Thank Sandra-Tez