“Decent Theatre”

92 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Decent Theatre”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Went to see "I am sorry a have'nt a clue", Decent theatre with a good view, very narrow seats cramped even though I have short legs. Old seats which could do with replacing. Very expensive bottles of water £2.50 a go, so we went across the road to Sainsbury's pleasant staff. Gets some top shows.

Visited April 2014

Morecambe, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“wonderful night out”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Went to see Evita with my parent's 21st March 2014,
The production was stunning with amazing voices. Loved Marti pelow as che fell in love with him all over again.
Just love seeing live theatre just wish I could afford to go more often

Helpful staff, clean toilets

Leeds, United Kingdom
143 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 660 helpful votes
“A great Theatre and a fantastic show " Evita "”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We have visited this theatre on many occasions, over the last couple of years, and I have also reviewed it on Tripadvisor in the past. It is a great old building with lots of character, the red and gold decor just add to the overall ambiance. Of course the toilet facilities etc could be better, but that's what you get from such an old theatre. For us we thoroughly enjoy this place, it's what theatre is all about.

EVITA - what a show. This is our third time of seeing it. Our first occasion was in London. The cast was the fabulous Elaine Page, David Essex and Joss Ackland - yes it was many years ago, but the memories last. Yesterday's show was superb, it is the second time we have seen it with the current cast. The actor playing Evita is simply tremendous, as is the actor who plays Peron, his facial expressions are excellent. The relationship between them feels strong and true. The rest of the cast do a very good job indeed. The only fly in the ointment is Marti Pellow, I said in my last review that I thought that he was the weakest link, this has not changed, granted he has improved since last time, but I still feel that he is miscast.

This is a truly great show, one not to be missed. Will we see it a fourth time? "You Betcha ".

2 Thank HappyTravellers222
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 234 helpful votes
“priscilla.restricted seats.”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

we could only get restricted seats in the gods and my god itwas high up.i nearly died when i looked down.seats were so uncomfortable i had cramp throughout the whole show.all six of us are quite tall though.at the interval it took so long to get served by the skeleton staff, on a saturday night and last night of tour in manchester,please.by the time we got served the interval end call went out,and the stroppy usher ,male,wouldnt let us take our drinks in.also the same guy kept telling us to sit down at the end when everyone was up dancing.he was like a little hitler.but the show was fantastic and we left on a high.

Visited February 2014
Altrincham, United Kingdom
135 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 271 helpful votes
“Go for the stalls”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I've been to the Palace theatre on many occasions and have always found the legroom a problem even though I'm just short of 6 feet tall. I've now sussed it out that that's because we've always sat in the circle. This time I booked on line - got the advisory about restricted leg room, and booked the stalls. What a difference, comfortable, row E in the central section gave great views of the stage and allowed you to be part of the production and have space to boogey! Although the stalls are more expensive I don't go to the theatre every week and I would certainly book them again.

5 Thank Ollerbarrow