Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$181
US$160
  • Restaurant
Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$82
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$171
US$127
Travelocity
2,379 results
All reviewsmen arenaarena car parkvictoria stationcity centresauna and steam roomblackout curtainswalk in showerspa facilitiesgood sizeattending a concertprint workslovely hotelbusy roadwould stay againmin walkreception staffbuffet style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 December 2011

We booked the Park Inn hotel as part of a match break with Thomas Cook. We arrived around 11am and we knew we were too early to check in but wanted to drop off bags, we were told / barked at that check in was at 2pm.. without even being asked what our request was.We explained that we just wanted to drop off bags etc and that we would check in later after the game. No problem the guy on reception handed us a ticket and took our bag. Later on we checked in, room was clean, big and bed comfy. We had enquired at reception about a close restaurant and girl on reception told us about an Indian Restaurant, I asked whether we would need reservations, we wouldnt, 5 mins walk from the hotel, basically walk out the door, pass the arena and its on our left, cant miss it. Raining etc. lots of hens in reception waiting on cabs so as it was to be a 5 min walk, we decided to brave the elements. Now we are in our 30s, fit.. We walked for about 25 mins, before deciding to walk back to the hotel to ask the girl in reception was she sure about the directions, she assured us that it was 5 mins, we had to pass Harvey Nicholls and keep walking and we would see it. At this point, we were wet, and starving, so we went back out and followed her directions.. Finally found the restaurant tucked in on the right hand side about 25 mins walk.. unfortunately the restaurant was full and lots of people out on Saturday night waiting on tables., just felt really dissapointed that someone working on front desk didnt have the simple skills to direct guests to a restaurant or to be unaware that you may need reservations etc.. She was extremely unhelpful when I pointed out that it wasnt easy to find and that it was on the right hand side and not the left.. "Just stated that she goes there all the time"
Other than this hotel was fine, yes the pillows are dreadful and not very clean under the pillowcase.. Breakfast was tasty, .lots of choice and restaurant staff very helpful and friendly Our flight was late in the evening so at checkout we dropped our bag as we would get a cab from the hotel to airport. we got a ticket and had a lovely day in manchester, went back to the hotel later on to get a cab and collect bag. My husband handed in the ticket, and the man on reception took him to a room and said no bag, were we sure we hadnt already collected it - we said no, he then asked did one of our friends take it, we explained that we were a couple, he shrugged and then decided to have a look in another luggage room and our bag was there. No apology or personality, just gave us the bag..
The hotel is fine, we were in Manchester for the game and a night away but I really feel that the front desk needs a bit of shake up and certain reception staff need some further training as they are the face of the hotel which I feel let it down.. I wouldnt stay here again, as we have stayed in other hotels in Manchester, where you are made to feel welcome. No sign of customer being king in this place..

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Neil_Raw, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2011

Dear Lizzy44

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, all feedback is much appreciated. It disappoints me to read that we failed to handle your requests for information and assistance during your stay in a professional, welcoming and hospitable manner. Please be assured I have taken the corrective action necessary to ensure we retrain and improve the consistency of our hospitality.

I do hope that you may consider the hotel for a future stay in Manchester. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel if you wish to discuss your stay further.

E: neil.raw@rezidorparkinn.com
T: 0161 837 8333

Reviewed 1 December 2011

We stayed here for one night as we were going to the MEN Arena to see a Rihanna concert. Perfect location for the arena, literally a 2 minute walk across the road, multi storey (payable) car park & Victoria train station also just across the road.
Check in at reception took quite a while as there were alot of people trying to check in with one member of staff on the desk, but check out was much speedier in the morning.
We had a high floor room, we were very impressed - large room with a large kingsize bed, floor to ceiling window with great black out curtains, flat screen tv, plenty of clothes storage, tea & coffee facilities, huge floor to ceiling mirror (with a plug socket right next to it, good one!) & nice size modern, clean bathroom - No complaints!
Room included breakfast we chose to have it as room service for a small charge - pot of tea for two, 2 x english breakfasts (not that nice though) toast, yoghurts & juices.
The staff we encountered were friendly & helpful.
We had a nice stay here, we didnt look round any other part of the hotel - we would stay again if we were visiting the arena, however more in the city centre if not!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Hi PenelopePitstop4,

Thank you for reviewing the hotel, it is much appreciated. Very pleasing to read all the positive feedback. Please be assured that the delay on checkin and quality of breakfast comments have been discussed with the team and the appropriate action taken.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 21 November 2011

Actually very handy for the centre of Manchester and the MEN Arena particularly, which is what I expected. Nice big room, even the lights worked quite logically and the air con did exactly what was required without excessive noise. If you're expecting a courtesy delay when you pull your room card out of the slot inside the door in your room, well mine didn't have one, so instant blackout, be warned! Despite my room overlooking the main road outside it was still nice and quiet. Ok the cooked breakfast wasn't as hot as I would have liked but all in all, mostly just what I need from a business hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Dear AndrewL14

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for the feedback on the lighting and courtesy delay. I will review with the technical team and see what we can do to put that right.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 21 November 2011

Stayed here in October 2011, when was in Manchester for a weekend.

Top quality product for the price paid. Breakfast was buffet style an dloads of variety to choose from.

Only complaint was that 2 out of the 3 lifts failed and I had to use the stairs to and from the top floor, where my room was. No apology from the staff at all.

Apart from this, would recommend to anyone who wants to stay in the centre of Manchester.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

Hi Jonnogreig, thank you for choosing the Park Inn by Radisson Manchester and taking the time to complete a review. It is much appreciated and great to read that you would recommend the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Manchester.

Reviewed 21 November 2011

Let me start this review by saying that the rating I have given of average is probably not quite accurate - I would say it is GOOD - but TA dont have a rating of Good...so I have chosen average...

We stayed at the Park Inn which was booked as part of a football package via Ticketmaster UK as a once in a lifetime opportunity for my hubby to see his beloved Man U play while we were on our UK/Ireland holiday. Unfortunately for him, we saw the 6-1 defeat against Man City :(
I found that checking in was very slow as they only had 1 person on the desk & pretty soon there was a very long line of people waiting to check-in., fortunately though another person came to help at the front desk after a while.
We had a car & it was a little awkward to stop outside the door to unload as you would block the circular driveway to the hotel - we had been travelling for 4 weeks so we did have a few bags to unload & we were returning the hirecar so we had to empty it. Would have been good if they had a short-term parking bay to use for unloading. We found on-street parking around the corner as we only needed to park the car for an hour or so. I did notice a carpark opposite which was pretty cheap.
The room was very modern & clean. I liked the fact that they had an inroom safe for guests to use.
The pillows were possibly the flatest I have ever experienced in a hotel, though we rang house-keeping & asked for 4 more - they were so flat that I had to sleep with 3 of them.
The location is pretty good & it is only a few minutes walk to Victoria Station.
I am amazed that the hotel did not have free wi-fi which these days is pretty standard in most hotels. I did enquire about internet charges & It was about GBP12 for 24 hours which is ridiculous, needless to say I didnt bother with it.
The breakfast which was included in our rate was pretty good & the staff in the restaurant for breakfast were quite helpful & nice.
We noticed that the info book in the hotel room said that the pool was opened until 8.30 pm, so we went down just after 8 for a quick swim but we couldnt access the pool with our room key as the guy working at the pool area said they dont allow anyone to access within 30 mins fo the pool closing. I found that pretty strange & they should make a note in the info book advising guests of this. I think the pool is run by a health centre & not the hotel, but still they should have accurate information for guests.
We had a very early morning flight to London & asked for a wake-up call at 5.00am however we didnt receive this wake-up call. I rang reception to ask why we didnt get the wake-up call & was advised that it was in the system but there must have been a system glitch - which is ok as computers can have issues, we were just grateful that we woke up in time.
We had a bit of an issue with our football tix not being there when we checked in, however the Duty Manager (sorry cannot recall his name) went out of his way to locate our tickets for us - much to our relief, so that was very good customer service.
Apart from the minor things that I have mentioned, we did have a good stay & would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MelbourneKaren67

Dear MelbourneKaren67,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel in detail, all feedback is very much appreciated and helps us to review the areas that we need to improve.

Please be assured that I have taken on board the comments re car parking, time to check in and the wake up call. I have reviewed with the team the areas we need to improve and the corrective action has been taken.

I am pleased to read that we were able to assist with the tickets and that you would choose to stay again.