“Very convenient for the M.E.N.”

Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre
Ranked #37 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 13 December 2011

This hotel is a good, slightly more than basic hotel. It is quiet, comfortable, with adequate amenities and incredibly well located for the M.E.N. with the Arndale Centre, Printworks, Manchester wheel and Victoria station being just around the corner. Recommended for a stop over on a shopping trip or if attending an event at the M.E.N. but bring your own hairdryer and bathroom smellies as the hotel is light on the extras. Bathroom is good but shower only.

Good value breakfast at eight pounds and friendly, helpful staff. I would go for the 3 1/2 rather than the 4 if I could as the standard room price is perhaps a little high for what the hotel offers.

3  Thank JoolsCI
Neil_Raw, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2012

Dear joolsCI

Thanks for the review, pleasing to read that you would recommend the hotels nd enjoyed your stay with us. I hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Manchester. Just to let you know we have rooms with baths as well as the walk in showers.

Reviewed 11 December 2011

I stayed here for one night as part of a group in Manchester for a meeting. We usually stay at the Crowne Plaza which I think is absolutely excellent so I was somewhat apprehensive about this hotel even though we had stayed in the Park Inn in St Petersburg (the one backing onto the Gulf of Finland)

It is clean, the bedroom is adequate but to be honest it nowhere near matches the C Plaza.
There's a horrible open wardrobe thing with laminate shelves....how I hate those where you have to put underwear on open shelves instead of in a drawer or cupboard.
In the bathroom the towels are clean and large but rather thin. The soap dispensers are simply horrible.
There were 2 pillows just for me but I'm not sure if there would have been 4 if we were a couple!

My room was not far from the lift and was a bit noisy (the C Plaza is relatively soundproofed)

It wasn't bad, but when I thought about it the room was not dissimilar to a Travelodge room with its nasty laminate and thin quilt. I don't like rooms with non opening windows either.

Would I stay there again? Possibly if the group booking was made for us but would I stay there if I were not on expenses? No way!!

Interestingly when I was en route in my taxi the driver told me that the Park Inn was 'overpriced' and hadn't got the best reputation!!

In summary it was similar to a Travelodge but with better lighting, biscuits and a hairdryer.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Felt like a catalogue of disasters . Was there with my daughter for a christmas break. The first room we were given was a doiuble so had to go all the way back down to reception to get this changed. To be told no i booked a double. Had to get out my paperwork to prove I booked a twin. What happened to the customer is always right!. Next room was up n the fifth floor. Got in the lift the lift doors wouldnt open on fifth floor. Kept humming and banging together. Rather scary. Went up to the 6th floor and managed to get out there and walk down the steps. Staircase was a concrete fire escape type. Not very 4*. Finally got to the room and the beds were those 2ft children ones. Can't turn over or you will fall out! Very lumpy horrid pillows. The fan for the heating was so loud we couldn't sleep. We turned the one off in the room but the hotel one continued to deafen us. Breakfast very disapointing. Bacon rather uncooked, no fresh eggs, hard boiled eggs and rubbery black pudding. Even the tea was unpleasant. My key card failed to work the next day and I asproached 3 different cleaning staff for help before I could find one with sufficient English to understand or converse with me. We were very disapointed as we were hoping to make this a regular trip.
On the positive side the pool was lovely and warm and a decent size but it was let down by the showers being dirty and full of hair. No private changing facilities.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Julu88
Reviewed 8 December 2011

I normally avoid hotels that don't provide parking but when I was offered a free night at this establishment by a friend with air miles I happily took up the offer. However, it was incredibly annoying that you had to park across the extremely busy road (with at least 5, yes 5 crossings between each pavement) especially with luggage. It cost us a total of £20 parking fees; two tickets £8 & £12 (as we went out in the evening) and the hotel validated the tickets to get us this 'reduced' rate. So you might need to factor that into your budgeting.
The hotel itself was clean and presentable. The hotel staff were all efficient and friendly (this is Manchester - so noticeably friendlier) and the bed was comfortable. I cannot forgive the horrid dispensers in the bathroom - they remind me of bad cabins on boats but when I moaned about them my friend pointed out that this is 'green'. Hmmm. Okay.
I do not like to be in a hermetically sealed box. I like fresh air (and Manchester air has got to be better than London air) and would have appreciated a window, however the location of the hotel at a busy junction necessitates this style of building as the noise would probably be untenable.
I was glad to see they provided a terrace with tables and ashtrays outside to have a cigarette but it was pouring rain (...Manchester) and despite there being the biggest brolly I have ever seen out there - they had neglected to erect it. Annoying.
Had a couple of drinks in the bar later. There was a good atmosphere and I was impressed that they had no problem providing proper coffee with fresh milk despite the late hour. The barman should also be commended - detailing exactly what I wanted in my drink. Excellent.
Breakfast was lame. We ordered room service (Full English) and it arrived on time. Sweaty bacon just put me off. No jam for the toast. Tea feeble.
I am feeling very guilty writing this as it was free, but I would have given it a two star rating had I paid.

1  Thank Keranova
Reviewed 5 December 2011

We had a wonderful one night stay here whilst going to a gig at MEN Arena (literally over the road). A lovely welcome on arrival, time taken to explain where to visit the Christmas Markets etc and print us off a map.5 minutes walk into city centre.
Our room felt lovely when we walked in, clean, bright and well decorated. Bathroom modern and clean.No problem to bring us up some extra milk and t bags to our room. Bed was SO comfy. The breakfast was superb. Thank you to everybody who works very hard there.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Neil_Raw, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2011

Thank you for the review MrsKanukie, very pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope to welcome you back soon!

E: neil.raw@rezidorparkinn.com
T: 0161 837 8333

Reviewed 5 December 2011

We booked the Park Inn hotel as part of a match break with Thomas Cook. We arrived around 11am and we knew we were too early to check in but wanted to drop off bags, we were told / barked at that check in was at 2pm.. without even being asked what our request was.We explained that we just wanted to drop off bags etc and that we would check in later after the game. No problem the guy on reception handed us a ticket and took our bag. Later on we checked in, room was clean, big and bed comfy. We had enquired at reception about a close restaurant and girl on reception told us about an Indian Restaurant, I asked whether we would need reservations, we wouldnt, 5 mins walk from the hotel, basically walk out the door, pass the arena and its on our left, cant miss it. Raining etc. lots of hens in reception waiting on cabs so as it was to be a 5 min walk, we decided to brave the elements. Now we are in our 30s, fit.. We walked for about 25 mins, before deciding to walk back to the hotel to ask the girl in reception was she sure about the directions, she assured us that it was 5 mins, we had to pass Harvey Nicholls and keep walking and we would see it. At this point, we were wet, and starving, so we went back out and followed her directions.. Finally found the restaurant tucked in on the right hand side about 25 mins walk.. unfortunately the restaurant was full and lots of people out on Saturday night waiting on tables., just felt really dissapointed that someone working on front desk didnt have the simple skills to direct guests to a restaurant or to be unaware that you may need reservations etc.. She was extremely unhelpful when I pointed out that it wasnt easy to find and that it was on the right hand side and not the left.. "Just stated that she goes there all the time"
Other than this hotel was fine, yes the pillows are dreadful and not very clean under the pillowcase.. Breakfast was tasty, .lots of choice and restaurant staff very helpful and friendly Our flight was late in the evening so at checkout we dropped our bag as we would get a cab from the hotel to airport. we got a ticket and had a lovely day in manchester, went back to the hotel later on to get a cab and collect bag. My husband handed in the ticket, and the man on reception took him to a room and said no bag, were we sure we hadnt already collected it - we said no, he then asked did one of our friends take it, we explained that we were a couple, he shrugged and then decided to have a look in another luggage room and our bag was there. No apology or personality, just gave us the bag..
The hotel is fine, we were in Manchester for the game and a night away but I really feel that the front desk needs a bit of shake up and certain reception staff need some further training as they are the face of the hotel which I feel let it down.. I wouldnt stay here again, as we have stayed in other hotels in Manchester, where you are made to feel welcome. No sign of customer being king in this place..

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Lizzy44

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, all feedback is much appreciated. It disappoints me to read that we failed to handle your requests for information and assistance during your stay in a professional, welcoming and hospitable manner. Please be assured I have taken the corrective action necessary to ensure we retrain and improve the consistency of our hospitality.

I do hope that you may consider the hotel for a future stay in Manchester. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel if you wish to discuss your stay further.

E: neil.raw@rezidorparkinn.com
T: 0161 837 8333

Reviewed 1 December 2011

We stayed here for one night as we were going to the MEN Arena to see a Rihanna concert. Perfect location for the arena, literally a 2 minute walk across the road, multi storey (payable) car park & Victoria train station also just across the road.
Check in at reception took quite a while as there were alot of people trying to check in with one member of staff on the desk, but check out was much speedier in the morning.
We had a high floor room, we were very impressed - large room with a large kingsize bed, floor to ceiling window with great black out curtains, flat screen tv, plenty of clothes storage, tea & coffee facilities, huge floor to ceiling mirror (with a plug socket right next to it, good one!) & nice size modern, clean bathroom - No complaints!
Room included breakfast we chose to have it as room service for a small charge - pot of tea for two, 2 x english breakfasts (not that nice though) toast, yoghurts & juices.
The staff we encountered were friendly & helpful.
We had a nice stay here, we didnt look round any other part of the hotel - we would stay again if we were visiting the arena, however more in the city centre if not!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Hi PenelopePitstop4,

Thank you for reviewing the hotel, it is much appreciated. Very pleasing to read all the positive feedback. Please be assured that the delay on checkin and quality of breakfast comments have been discussed with the team and the appropriate action taken.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back soon!