“Ideally located for all attractions..”

Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre
Ranked #38 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I have just stayed at this hotel with my husband for the weekend. We were pleasantly surprised by how modern the hotel is. The room was spacious. Bed lovely and comfortable. Good, powerful shower. Requested and extra pillow and had one delivered to the room within 10 minutes. Hairdryer was not working so phoned reception and another was delivered 5 minutes later. The breaksfast is one of the best we have experienced in any hotel we have stayed for a weekend break. Very good selection of continental and english breakfast. We spent a goood hour each morning in the restuarant as spoiled for choice and wanted to sample it all. Staff we encountered were lovely and friendly. We also used the spa suite...enjoying a good few hours by the pool relaxing. There was plenty of loungers and chairs around the pool which is unusual as most hotels with pools dont provide manyso you just swim and go. The hotel is situated right by Victoria station. We travelled by car and parked in NCP carpark that we usually use when attending the MEN Arena for concerts. Total stay cost £10 (48 hrs). A 5 minute walk and you are in the heart of Manchester....good city atmosphere. Visited the Duke of Wellington (oldest building in the city). Beer was £1.83 a pint...fabulous. There is so much to see and do in Manchester you will never be bored and after a tiring day walking its great to know the hotel is a stone through away. We enjoyed this hotel so much we will be definitey be returning again and would also recommend for a stay in Manchester.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor...no complaints
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thor1509
Neil_Raw, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Hi Thor1509,

Thank you for such a positive review. Particularly pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay, would recommend the hotel and you are already planning your next visit.

Looking forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Shared a twin room three times at this hotel. Clean, modern,bright rooms with everything available. Meals are good, buffet breakfast lots of choice & request usually catered for, with a good variety in the bistro for the evening & the restaurant is very clean. Really liked the clean,quiet pool with loungers, great steam & sauna rooms - just collect your towel & locker token at the pool desk & relax. Gym available too. Didn`t try the spa. Showers & hair dryers decent too. Parking available in local car park but not far from train station & trams in the MEN directly across the road. Try booking early with breakfast or concert package & save money & join the points club for better rates sometimes.Set back from town centre behind the MEN so quiet but not too far to walk. Helpful staff will give directions.

Room Tip: Rooms above entrance 2 floors up ideal.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends

Hi Ricochetsmum, thank your for the review and recommendations, great to read such a positive review!

I hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 19 July 2012

If you are heading for the Mancester Arena and need something to eat - just accross the road is the brilliant RGB restaurant in The Park Inn Hotel. great range from the grill, I had the Chorizo, Chilli Burger, spicy, fresh and not too much - wash it down with a glass of Malbec, Yum !

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank jasondbaillie

Hi jasondbaillie,

Thanks for the review and recommendation on the burgers!

Reviewed 17 July 2012

This hotel promises so much on its website and on paper, yet what I experienced was a long way off what I would consider a 4 star hotel.

My stay at this hotel was soured by a shambolic arrival process. Firstly having to wait for nearly 20 minutes just to check in, with only one person on the reception on a busy saturday afternoon is just not acceptable.

Having checked in, on arrival into the room it was clear it hadn't been cleaned very well with hairs left in the bathroom and an unpleasant smell. We returned to reception who were very helpful and gave us a new room straight away. Unfortunately, when we arrived at the second room the cleaner was still in the room and was confused as to why the reception had given the room to us.

We again returned to reception and spoke to the duty manager who personally inspected the room and told us it was now ready. Finally we got back to the room and unpacked, only then for the head housekeeper to walk in, again surprised to see guests in the room as it had not been signed off as ready for guests. The duty manager was called to sort out this problem once and for all. When he arrived I was shocked to see him overrule the housekeeper right infront of us, despite her only trying to point out she has to do her job and check every room before it can be released for guests. I was also not impressed by his poor excuse that the problems had been caused by us checking in before the standard 2pm...when actually it was 2.15pm at this point.

This was really bad service and not what I expect to see when staying in a hotel, not least a Radisson brand. Clearly, communication between staff is an issue in this hotel.

In addition, 3 out 4 light bulbs in the bathroom didn't work, the shower control was broken off and one light in the room constantly flickered. This isn't good enough for a hotel which raves on about its 4 star rating and excellent rooms and facilities.

It is a shame that after hearing good things about this hotel, we left feeling so dissapointed. I've stayed in many similarly priced 4 star hotels in the city centre and with so much competition and better service offered in other hotels, I wouldn't choose to stay at this one again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MarkA380
Neil_Raw, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Dear MarkA380,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review on Tripadvisor and also through our guest satisfaction programme.

Please be assured that a full investigation has been completed and the action taken to retrain and also review our communication routines. I understand that in my absence my colleague has replied to your feedback through our guest satisfaction programme.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you encountered during your stay which delayed your checkin.

If you would like to discuss your stay further please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

I, like many others who have reviewed the Park Inn recently, stayed here for 2 nights in late June to atend a Pearl Jam gig at the MEN. I mainly chose it for it close proximity to the Arena as I was travelling alone. The room wasn't huge but plenty of space for a single traveller and very nicey decorated. It had an abundance of tea bags and biscuits which I thought was nice. It also had temperature control which I was grateful for as it was very hot the day I arrived.

Check in / check out was easy and the staff were both friendly and helpful. They called me a taxi which came very quickly.

I didn't bother with the breakfast as it was too expensive but ate the hotel food for dinner both nights. The first night I ate in the hotel restaurant which was lovely and especially enjoyed the home made Caprinha I had to accompany my food. The second night I got room service, and this is the only small criticism I have. I asked on the phone how long it would take as I had to get to the Arena and they told me no longer than 40 mins which just about gave me enough time. I had to call twice more to chase and it eventually arrived after 1h10mins slightly cold and curry had a skin on top. I didn't eat much of it as I didn't have time, but the staff were very apologetic and it was quite a minor issue compred to all the good points.

I also tried out the spa which was lovely. I had the head, neck and shoulders massage and would definitely recommend.

The very best thing about this hotel was its close proximity to the MEN. If you leave te Arena via the Trinity Way exit you can see the Park Inn from the exit, and takes 2-3 mins to walk it. An added bonus for me was the number of Pearl Jam fans staying ad the resulting good atmosphere. This may well be true of other large gigs at the MEN in terms of your hotel neighbours being fans of the band you came to Manchester to see.

If I decide to attend any future gigs at the MEN I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo

Hi JuliaP_79,

Thank you for the detailed review, great to read all the positive feedback. Please be assured that the feedback reference room service has been discussed with the team and the appropriate action taken.

I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel for your next gig at the Manchester Arena!

Reviewed 11 July 2012

We stayed here on the 20th June after a fantastic Pearl Jam concert at the MEN. We booked via Booking.com for a business room inc. breakfast. Check in was busy but quickand efficient. Was advised of breakfast arrangements and the check in staff were friendly and informative.
Room awass simple but clean everything you could ask for. Ice machine close by the room, views over the city and a fab bathroom.The bed and pillows were stunningly comfortable.

Breakfast was a hot buffet style. Lovely full english in the quiet bistro style restaurant

Highly recommend this hotel- especially for the close proximity to the MEN and the Printworks - could not fault anything.

Room Tip: business room- get to fill your boots with a great full english as part of the price
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thewanderer1969
Neil_Raw, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Hi thewanderer1969, thank you for the review and recommendation!

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

We stayed here for an event in Manchester. We were impressed with everything. The style is clean and contemporary, comfortable bed, excellent walk in shower. Very good room service, I had forgotten my ipod charger, which they quickly supplied with out hesitation.
The hotel is in a perfect location within walking distance of the car park and tram or an easy walk into town. The breakfast was great, with a good variety. This was our first stay with Park Inn and we will definitely use them again. They are a step up from Premier Inn, but you sense its worth the extra cost and it's still very good value for a city hotel. I hope that they will open in more UK locations

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angus_Plum

Hi theanders,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, much appreciated. Delighted to receive such positive feedback and I do hope to welcome you back should you be returning to Manchester!