Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre
Mitre Hotel(Manchester)
Burton Arms Hotel(Manchester)
  • Free Internet
2,375 results
All reviewsmen arenaarena car parkvictoria stationcity centresauna and steam roomblackout curtainswalk in showerspa facilitiesgood sizeattending a concertprint workslovely hotelbusy roadwould stay againmin walkreception staffbuffet style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Check in went smooth and fast as always, the receptionists are so efficient.
We booked the spa package this time and opted for the mini facial, I forget the therapists name (I did ask) but I've had a few facials in my time and this was the best. The technique was brilliant.
We ran out of milk for the tea/coffee which wasn't a problem as a quick call to reception and 10 minutes later we had it.
Only problem is I tend to gorge on the delicous breakfast in the morning!
I would recommend this package for anyone who is shopping, its ideal.
I will definately be going back again!

Room Tip: I've stayed on both sides of the hotel, you don't hear any noise and the beds are so comfortable!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Neil_Raw, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

Hi angelina1uk, thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review, much appreciated. I hope to welcome you back soon for your 5th stay!
All the best,
Neil

Reviewed 2 October 2012

We stayed here for one night to attend an event at the MEN/MCR arena. Ideal location opposite the arena. Check in was quick and friendly. We had a twin room on the first floor - no view to speak of but the room was clean and spacious. Bathroom clean with toiletries provided and large fluffy towels. Breakfast was tasty and plentiful and service good. We didn't use the bar or eat in the restaurant in the evening - the menu did look expensive.We paid £60 B&B which was well worth the money especially given the location. We didn't drive there but you can park your car at the arena car park for a 20% discount.

The hotel isn't 4* as it claims but then we didn't pay 4* prices. For the money, it was ideal and I would stay there again when visiting the arena.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2012 via mobile

Check in was excellent, very efficient and friendly. Hotel room was basic, along the same standard as a travel lodge or ibis hotel, which is fine if paying those kind of prices, we payed £170 for 1 night for 2 adults....3 star accommodation at 5 star price.
Breakfast was good, the staff were constantly refilling everything, we went during peak time and didn't have to wait for anything.

We chose this hotel due to its close proximity to the m.e.n, next time we go to see an event there we will chose a different hotel, something worthy of its price and star rating

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 27 September 2012

On arrival we were well attended to and the initial contact was good. We moved to the bar for a drink with friends and found the service pretty average. 2 of out group ate and were quite positive about the bar snack and the swiftness of its arrival.
When we went up to our room we found our room to rival a new build hall of student residence. Pretty sterile and soulless to say the least.
When we went for showers we found the bathroom smelt like a bad urinal. That smell didnt go away. I did report it to the front desk so if anyone is ever in room 318 and its still there then perhaps it would be worth letting us all know.
After going out for dinner we returned to have a good nig drink. The service was worse than it had been on arrival and quite a few people waiting for service gave up and left. My glass of wine was priced at £8.00 and that was the only reason I drank it. If the house wine is representative of how the company sees its house then there is no value to be had.
Breakfast was fine although once again the staff seemed quite disorganised and without direction.
Location wise the hotel was well positioned with good parking opposite. We were only there the one night and I dont think I would have been happy had we been staying any longer.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Stayed here for two weekend nights at the end of April 2012. Nice, newly built, comfortable hotel. Very functional for a short stay. Not too expensive for B&B (the breakfast is quite good) but the bar food later in the day is overpriced for what it is - microwaved style burgers, panninis etc. The hotel is close to plenty of shopping and eating out and appeared to us to command a reliable taxi service. Our room was on the 4th floor, overlooking the furniture suppliers and the snooker centre across the road but there was no noticeable noise from the street. We would definitely stay here again B&B, but we wouldn't eat here in the afternoon or evening.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple