“Good city centre hotel”

Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre
Ranked #38 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Stayed for one night while on a course in Manchster. Room very quiet, very clean and in good repair. Good facilities in the room. Breakfast was great, lots of choice. Only drawback was no free Wi-FI,would have been handy. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank rambler1956
Neil_Raw, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

Hi rambler1956, thank you for the great review and recommendation.

There are newer reviews for Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre

Reviewed 6 October 2012

Clean quiet rooms despite situation on one of the main routes into the city. Gym very small for hotel size. Service at breakfast slow to clear dirty tables but willing staff. Shame there is no on site parking or free wifi

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Hi taylors on our, thank you for a fantastic review, pleasing to read you enjoyed your stay!
I hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 4 October 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for four nights on business. It is in a great location being a short walk to the shopping and dining areas of Deansgate and the Arndale Shopping Centre. Victoria train station, and its Metrolink station ( via passageway from Trinity Street), is opposite the hotel, as is the MEN Arena for those watching a show. The hotel appears to be well run with friendly and efficient front desk and restaurant staff. There is a nice bar and restaurant, which serves staple hotel fayre, with regular special offers. The hotel is clean, comfortable and has a nice pool / gym, with good opening hours for those wanting to exercise before and after work. My room was of a decent size with a spacious bathroom, including a double shower. The towels are fab, large and very fluffy, a real change to many hotels that economise in this respect. Although I didn't require it, there is car parking on site, but you would need to check if this is chargeable. Breakfast is buffet style and caters for most tastes. If you like porridge, then this is available on request, but be prepared for a short wait as it is cooked to order. Overall, I enjoyed a good stay and I thought the rates were reasonable for a four star hotel close to the city centre. I would happily stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 4 October 2012 via mobile

As a business traveller I get to stay in various Manchester hotels and this is about my 5th stay. As I arrived at the nearest parking (NCP) the heavens opened and by the time I arrived I was soaked. Reception was nice and friendly and got my keycard sorted quickly so I could get to my room and dry off. Once all was unpacked I sat in the not so comfortable easy chair only to notice a nasty looking stain on the beds side. I only noticed it because the quilt was to small for the bed. If I had been visiting with my better half we would have struggled to both stay under it a stay warm. Also the pillow cases fitted poorly and I felt uncomfortable. On the good side the walk in shower was great and it was designed as a wet room which I loved. Not that I use them, the hand soap was nearly empty and had to pump hard to get the soap out and the shower one had the plastic bung in place so no soap came out. The food is over priced and the breakfast was uninspiring. This hotel needs a lot more attention to detail and it would live up to it's star rating.

Hi markerbuoy, thank you the review and feedback. It is only with such feedback that we can review the products and processes we have in place to deliver the service levels we strive to deliver every day to every guest. I have shared your feedback with the team and the relevant corrective action has been taken. I do hope to welcome you back for a 6th stay! If you wish to discuss the issues you encountered during your stay please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 4 October 2012

Cost of 1 night £139 - first question from front desk staff was do you want to upgrade as your booking doesn't include breakfast. I showed them the print out of my booking which included breakfast, sadly I didn't get an apology. Next question was do you want to upgrade to get wifi in the room. Why oh why don't these 4/5 star hotels include free wifi when a $10 hotel does? 4/5star hotel with no refrigerator in the room but after a request an ice bucket was provided.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor and there was no traffic noise. Close by the MEN arena that is why we booke...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian E

Hi Brian E, thank you for the review and feedback. Apologies for the confusion with regards to breakfast and you are absolutely right we should have known that it was included in your rate. Thanks for the feedback re WiFi, we are reviewing the pricing currently and all feedback is much appreciated.
I do hope that you will consider us for future visits to Manchester.
Many thanks

Reviewed 2 October 2012

Check in went smooth and fast as always, the receptionists are so efficient.
We booked the spa package this time and opted for the mini facial, I forget the therapists name (I did ask) but I've had a few facials in my time and this was the best. The technique was brilliant.
We ran out of milk for the tea/coffee which wasn't a problem as a quick call to reception and 10 minutes later we had it.
Only problem is I tend to gorge on the delicous breakfast in the morning!
I would recommend this package for anyone who is shopping, its ideal.
I will definately be going back again!

Room Tip: I've stayed on both sides of the hotel, you don't hear any noise and the beds are so comfort...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Hi angelina1uk, thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review, much appreciated. I hope to welcome you back soon for your 5th stay!

Reviewed 2 October 2012

We stayed here for one night to attend an event at the MEN/MCR arena. Ideal location opposite the arena. Check in was quick and friendly. We had a twin room on the first floor - no view to speak of but the room was clean and spacious. Bathroom clean with toiletries provided and large fluffy towels. Breakfast was tasty and plentiful and service good. We didn't use the bar or eat in the restaurant in the evening - the menu did look expensive.We paid £60 B&B which was well worth the money especially given the location. We didn't drive there but you can park your car at the arena car park for a 20% discount.

The hotel isn't 4* as it claims but then we didn't pay 4* prices. For the money, it was ideal and I would stay there again when visiting the arena.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends