“Great location for the MEN Arena” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre

Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre
Ranked #39 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
Loughborough, United Kingdom
“Great location for the MEN Arena”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

I stayed at this hotel as I attended the Radiohead gig at the MEN Arena. For this purpose the hotel was great as the Arena is only two minutes walk away and the hotel is easily spotted as it is large and black. Obviously the location is good for the Manchester Victoria station, but I arrived at Piccadilly which was only around 10-15 minutes walk away, so it's really easy to get to the shopping centre of the city too.

I stayed in a twin room on the first floor and it was clean and comfortable. However, since the building is relatively new I was surprised at the way that some things were designed - for example, there were no plugs by the bedside, which made it harder to charge my phone. As I already had plans I didn't use any of the other facilities of the hotel, although the restaurant menu in my room looked a bit pricey. The air con in the room worked very well and despite being near the road, the room was quiet.

I generally slept well, but unfortunately on my floor there was a large group that decided to charge through the corridors shouting at around 4am, which woke me. I don't know what the hotel can do about raucous guests - but as a lone, female traveller I felt quite intimidated by them. It's a pity as apart from that incident I enjoyed my stay.

Breakfast was included in the room rate that I chose. It was a buffet style breakfast with a large variety of pastries, yoghurts, juices and breads etc alongside the English breakfast options. Although the food was self-serve, tea and coffee was brought to you and the staff were very attentive.

This hotel isn't romantic or special but if you want a reasonably priced base to stay when you're visiting the MEN Arena or shopping this is perfect.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank flyawaykite
Neil_Raw, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
Hi flyawaykite, thank you for the detailed review and recommendation. Always pleasing to read the positive points, apologies for the inconvenience caused by our other guests. I do hope you will consider us for any future visits to Manchester.
Neil

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bluemilky1968
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

We stayed at this hotel 7 October 2012 as it was handy for the Manchester Arena which is only 2 mins walk away, which was great. We checked in at 2.00pm and got our room straight away on the second floor over looking the main road which initially disappointed me but it was fine with very little noise from outside. The room was adapted for a person with disabilities but again this was fine. As we had to be at the arena early we decided to dine in the hotel restaurant, the food was good, the only thing that let the restaurant down was the staff, all of whom appeared to have had a personality bypass. The same could be said later in the evening in the bar with the same two waitresses, there were a total of 4 people in the bar yet it took then ages to serve us and again no personality what so ever. The TV was on in the bar with American Football on which I have no problem with however it was very loud and with no music to be heard it was not a pleasant atmosphere to sit and relax in so we went to bed. In the morning we went to breakfast at 7.00pm and it was very quiet, we got our tea and coffee very quickly but the cooked breakfast was slightly disappointing mainly due to the fact the plates were stone cold as was some of the food. The worst part of the stay was a waitress chastising a young waiter and asking in a loud voice "are you thick" not what you would expect in the kitchen, never mind the restaurant in front of paying guests (and by the way he was by far the best staff member that we found during our stay)

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hi bluemilky1968, thank you for the review and feedback. Please be assured the issues you have raised have been discussed with the team and training put in place to ensure we are delivering on our Yes I Can service ethos and basic hospitality. I do hope you will consider the hotel for future trips to Manchester, if you would like to discuss your stay further please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Many thanks
Carlisle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

Stayed for one night while on a course in Manchster. Room very quiet, very clean and in good repair. Good facilities in the room. Breakfast was great, lots of choice. Only drawback was no free Wi-FI,would have been handy. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed September 2012
1 Thank rambler1956
Hi rambler1956, thank you for the great review and recommendation.
Burnley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

Clean quiet rooms despite situation on one of the main routes into the city. Gym very small for hotel size. Service at breakfast slow to clear dirty tables but willing staff. Shame there is no on site parking or free wifi

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hi taylors on our, thank you for a fantastic review, pleasing to read you enjoyed your stay!
I hope to welcome you back soon!
Bridgend, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for four nights on business. It is in a great location being a short walk to the shopping and dining areas of Deansgate and the Arndale Shopping Centre. Victoria train station, and its Metrolink station ( via passageway from Trinity Street), is opposite the hotel, as is the MEN Arena for those watching a show. The hotel appears to be well run with friendly and efficient front desk and restaurant staff. There is a nice bar and restaurant, which serves staple hotel fayre, with regular special offers. The hotel is clean, comfortable and has a nice pool / gym, with good opening hours for those wanting to exercise before and after work. My room was of a decent size with a spacious bathroom, including a double shower. The towels are fab, large and very fluffy, a real change to many hotels that economise in this respect. Although I didn't require it, there is car parking on site, but you would need to check if this is chargeable. Breakfast is buffet style and caters for most tastes. If you like porridge, then this is available on request, but be prepared for a short wait as it is cooked to order. Overall, I enjoyed a good stay and I thought the rates were reasonable for a four star hotel close to the city centre. I would happily stay there again in the future.

• Stayed October 2012
Southampton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012 via mobile

As a business traveller I get to stay in various Manchester hotels and this is about my 5th stay. As I arrived at the nearest parking (NCP) the heavens opened and by the time I arrived I was soaked. Reception was nice and friendly and got my keycard sorted quickly so I could get to my room and dry off. Once all was unpacked I sat in the not so comfortable easy chair only to notice a nasty looking stain on the beds side. I only noticed it because the quilt was to small for the bed. If I had been visiting with my better half we would have struggled to both stay under it a stay warm. Also the pillow cases fitted poorly and I felt uncomfortable. On the good side the walk in shower was great and it was designed as a wet room which I loved. Not that I use them, the hand soap was nearly empty and had to pump hard to get the soap out and the shower one had the plastic bung in place so no soap came out. The food is over priced and the breakfast was uninspiring. This hotel needs a lot more attention to detail and it would live up to it's star rating.

Hi markerbuoy, thank you the review and feedback. It is only with such feedback that we can review the products and processes we have in place to deliver the service levels we strive to deliver every day to every guest. I have shared your feedback with the team and the relevant corrective action has been taken. I do hope to welcome you back for a 6th stay! If you wish to discuss the issues you encountered during your stay please do not hesitate to contact me.
Barton-upon-Humber, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

Cost of 1 night £139 - first question from front desk staff was do you want to upgrade as your booking doesn't include breakfast. I showed them the print out of my booking which included breakfast, sadly I didn't get an apology. Next question was do you want to upgrade to get wifi in the room. Why oh why don't these 4/5 star hotels include free wifi when a $10 hotel does? 4/5star hotel with no refrigerator in the room but after a request an ice bucket was provided.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor and there was no traffic noise. Close by the MEN arena that is why we booke...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brian E
Hi Brian E, thank you for the review and feedback. Apologies for the confusion with regards to breakfast and you are absolutely right we should have known that it was included in your rate. Thanks for the feedback re WiFi, we are reviewing the pricing currently and all feedback is much appreciated.
I do hope that you will consider us for future visits to Manchester.
Many thanks