“A luxury stay”

Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre
Ranked #38 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 16 October 2012

The Park Inn is a lovely relaxing hotel; the rooms are in excellent condition, very clean and have nice touches like the toiletries.

The dining area is very popular and many were turned away in the evening, however, I understand there is a local theatre and it is used by non guests too. The breakfast is excellent with a lot of choice and helpful staff.

The nearest train station is Victoria, a five minute walk and the reception staff was very helpful in printing out a local map and with information of the area.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Neil_Raw, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2012

Thanks for the great review DeerUK and the handy tip that when the Manchester Arena has an event on it is always best to book for dinner in our RBG Grill restaurant to avoid disappointment.

Reviewed 12 October 2012

I stayed here on business, weekdays for several month and it is most excellent. Staff are professional and friendly, breakfast is fab and the rooms are everything you would expect. However, I have a tip for you. This took me a while to work out on my frequent visits but this is how it goes:
Parking is in the Manchester Evening News Arena (MENA) NCP carpark opposite.
The hotel has made an arrangement with NCP for discounted overnight stay - just get you ticket stamped on reception. This reduces the 24hr tariff from £18 to £12. However, there is a catch. NCP are smarter than we would like to think. If you get you ticket stamped it will charge a minimum of £12 and then multiples of £12 for each 24 hr period. So 25 hrs parking will cost you £24. It doesn't take much working out but you may have to keep one eye on the clock and exit/re enter if you intend to just cross a 24hr boundary prior to exit.

Room Tip: Do not select a room opposite the lift on the 6th floor. You can hear the lift motor all night
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Mitchell C
Neil_Raw, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

Hi Mitchell C, thank you for leaving a great review. Great to read you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed 10 October 2012

Stayed here for John Bishop at MEN Arena, the location is fab, as its literally just across the rd,
we stayed on a friday night so it was quite busy.Theres a good bar with outside space with heaters which is good if you need a fag!
I agree with the previous review you are very limited if you want to get something to eat , room service menu wasnt great and the fryer had broke so you couldnt order fries! and there didnt seem to be anything close by and the area isnt great to be walking about late at night, but i would stay here again if i was going to a gig.
The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable,the bathroom is a good size with a decent walk in shower.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Hi sumidudley, thank you for taking the time to leave a review and thank you for the recommendation. Apologies for the inconvenience caused with room service and thank you for the feedback. I do hope to welcome you back soon if you are coming to another gig!

Reviewed 9 October 2012

We stayed here on 8th October 2012 as we were going to see Jesus Christ Superstar at the MEN Arena. Very convenient, very clean and very friendly. Would have liked a bath (only had a shower) and was a little disappointed at the poor selection of food available after the show. However, I would certainly stay here again if I was going to a show.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Hi jen m, thank you for the great review, glad to hear you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed 9 October 2012

we stayed here for a friends hen night, the staff were fantastic and very accomodating and the hotel was easy to find, rooms were immaculate, beds were fantastic and breakfast was super! very comfortable!

Room Tip: the suite was spacious and an ideal meeting place for groups of friends
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Hi Jen M, thanks for the great review!
Safe travels, Neil

Reviewed 8 October 2012

I stayed at this hotel as I attended the Radiohead gig at the MEN Arena. For this purpose the hotel was great as the Arena is only two minutes walk away and the hotel is easily spotted as it is large and black. Obviously the location is good for the Manchester Victoria station, but I arrived at Piccadilly which was only around 10-15 minutes walk away, so it's really easy to get to the shopping centre of the city too.

I stayed in a twin room on the first floor and it was clean and comfortable. However, since the building is relatively new I was surprised at the way that some things were designed - for example, there were no plugs by the bedside, which made it harder to charge my phone. As I already had plans I didn't use any of the other facilities of the hotel, although the restaurant menu in my room looked a bit pricey. The air con in the room worked very well and despite being near the road, the room was quiet.

I generally slept well, but unfortunately on my floor there was a large group that decided to charge through the corridors shouting at around 4am, which woke me. I don't know what the hotel can do about raucous guests - but as a lone, female traveller I felt quite intimidated by them. It's a pity as apart from that incident I enjoyed my stay.

Breakfast was included in the room rate that I chose. It was a buffet style breakfast with a large variety of pastries, yoghurts, juices and breads etc alongside the English breakfast options. Although the food was self-serve, tea and coffee was brought to you and the staff were very attentive.

This hotel isn't romantic or special but if you want a reasonably priced base to stay when you're visiting the MEN Arena or shopping this is perfect.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank flyawaykite

Hi flyawaykite, thank you for the detailed review and recommendation. Always pleasing to read the positive points, apologies for the inconvenience caused by our other guests. I do hope you will consider us for any future visits to Manchester.

Reviewed 8 October 2012

We stayed at this hotel 7 October 2012 as it was handy for the Manchester Arena which is only 2 mins walk away, which was great. We checked in at 2.00pm and got our room straight away on the second floor over looking the main road which initially disappointed me but it was fine with very little noise from outside. The room was adapted for a person with disabilities but again this was fine. As we had to be at the arena early we decided to dine in the hotel restaurant, the food was good, the only thing that let the restaurant down was the staff, all of whom appeared to have had a personality bypass. The same could be said later in the evening in the bar with the same two waitresses, there were a total of 4 people in the bar yet it took then ages to serve us and again no personality what so ever. The TV was on in the bar with American Football on which I have no problem with however it was very loud and with no music to be heard it was not a pleasant atmosphere to sit and relax in so we went to bed. In the morning we went to breakfast at 7.00pm and it was very quiet, we got our tea and coffee very quickly but the cooked breakfast was slightly disappointing mainly due to the fact the plates were stone cold as was some of the food. The worst part of the stay was a waitress chastising a young waiter and asking in a loud voice "are you thick" not what you would expect in the kitchen, never mind the restaurant in front of paying guests (and by the way he was by far the best staff member that we found during our stay)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Hi bluemilky1968, thank you for the review and feedback. Please be assured the issues you have raised have been discussed with the team and training put in place to ensure we are delivering on our Yes I Can service ethos and basic hospitality. I do hope you will consider the hotel for future trips to Manchester, if you would like to discuss your stay further please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Many thanks