“An enjoyable stay”

Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre
Ranked #42 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Stayed here when I went to the Phones 4 U Arena to see Joe Bonamassa 21.9.13. Since this is TRIP Advisor, first things first. Travelling from Yorkshire (Castleford) to Manchester Victoria by train was the perfect way to reach a location which was ideal for hotel, train and venue. In good weather the journey across the Pennines was a pleasure. Fascinating to see the sometimes precariously perched houses and the mills, works and warehouses which no sprang up during the area's industrialisation. Chimneys, church towers and spires sprang up regularly, some fighting to break the canopy of trees, some massive and looming as we passed close by. Some lovely, rugged scenery.

The hotel is literally across the road from the station. 5 minutes walk. Friendly greeting from the reception staff who booked us in without hassle and reeled off the facilities. I asked for a bucket of ice as we left the desk. It arrived more or less as we did on the 6th floor.
The room is pretty much generic for a hotel of this age, in this price bracket. L - shaped sleeping space, accommodating the bathroom / W.C., then a desk arrangement with tea / coffee making facilities, etc. Floor to ceiling window - scary for a big girls blouse like I am when it comes to heights. Good view though. Facilities were good and reasonably on par with similar places I have stayed. Shower was good, bed comfortable apart from my one gripe - it was the 2 singles pushed together arrangement, I have heard of but never encountered.

Had dinner in the restaurant. Service was good enjoyed the food. Fries were exceptional, good beef burger. I don't recall the price but I doubt it was cheap! Bar was friendly, visited before and after the concert. There is an outdoor seating area which leads off the bar. It is surrounded by 15 - 18 storey apartments, with landscaped gardens and fountains, which take nothing away from the experience.

Breakfast, again, was about on par for this standard of hotel. Nothing missing that I would have wanted. Small complaint was that the air - con was quite cool and my cooked breakfast cooled down more quickly than I would have liked. Again the staff were attentive and friendly.

Overall, had a very pleasant stay and will no doubt book again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with the hotel, I am glad you had such a good experience during your stay, please be assured that your praise will be passed over to our food and beverage manager to pass out to the team. I am very pleased to hear that service throughout the hotel has been to your satisfaction and the ambience and location has met with your approval.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you are in Manchester.

Neil

Write a ReviewReviews (2,317)

Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

I stopped here on business for 5 nights and was very impressed.
Lovely clean rooms, be warned there is no socket by the bed so charging electronic goodies is a pain (pet hate of mine)
Great breakfast. But I was not hugely impressed with the food in the evening, if the restaurant is busy, it does seem to decline in quality!

It is great to have a gym and swimming pool at this price point.

The staff could not be more helpful or polite.

I would be happy to return...even spending my own money!

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with the hotel, I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry to hear the issues with the issues in the restaurant; your comments will be passed over to the food and beverage manager to address with the team to improve the service.
I am also very happy to hear that you will be returning to the hotel the next time you are in Manchester for which we will look forward to welcoming you back t the hotel.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed in this hotel for two nights for a Kings of Leon concert. It was really handy and two minute walk away from the arena. The room was big and the bed huge. I think the windows were sound proofed and therefore very quiet. The breakfast was really good.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andie-19

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay along with an enjoyable night at the arena. We make every effort to ensure that all our rooms provide a comfortable, clean and welcoming environment to all our valued guests, and it very pleasing to hear that we are achieving this.
I will make sure the comments on breakfast are passed over to the food and beverage manager to pass out to the team.
I look forward to welcoming you back t the hotel next time you are in Manchester.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Stayed here with my husband for just one night after we went to see Leonard Cohen at the Arena. The staff were friendly and efficient. The room was clean and well appointed, the bed was enormous and very comfortable. The bathroom was very clean apart from the sink surround which had a large (very noticeable) sticky mark on the front. After the gig it seemed like half the Arena was staying in the hotel and the bar staff were slightly struggling to cope but otherwise all went very smoothly. There is a pool, gym and spa which we did not use but by the succession of bathrobe clad people in the lift they are very popular. The breakfast buffet was tasty and plentiful. We got the room for half price via one of the many 'bargain room' websites, this price did not include breakfast which we paid for on arrival at £10 each. Recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YorkshireLivvy

Thank you for your review about your recent stay with us, I am very pleased to hear the team here made an impression on your stay, We make every effort to ensure that all our rooms provide a comfortable, clean and welcoming environment to all our valued guests and I am very pleased to hear we achieved this.
I am delighted that you found the hotel value for money and our service was up to standard.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Manchester.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

This was the first time we had stayed at a Park Inn by Radisson and it wont be the last. We where in town for Roger Waters the Wall at the Phone4U arena (formerly MEN) and for convenience for the Arena this hotel is perfectly located Less than 300m door to door. Fast check in with pleasant and polite staff. The room was ample and comfortable with ton of the most comfortable beds that I have ever slept in. The Room was clean and well supplied with the complimentary tea and coffee. The breakfast was excellent but one small point,the breakfast staff could of been a little bit proactive in directing people to their tables and explaining what was what.Will definitely stay here again when we are attending Events at the arena.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us, I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, along with the concert. We make every effort to ensure that all our rooms provide a comfortable, clean and welcoming environment to all our valued guests and I am glad we lived up to this expectation.
Please be assured that your comments will be passed over to the food and beverage manager to address with the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel next time you are in Manchester.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

This is my 2nd stay at the hotel as had booked to see Robbie Williams at Man City Ground. Quick check in. Free wi fi. This time I had the room that was painted blue as the first time it was painted red did prefer the blue one. And this time the bed was proper double bed without it being two singles pushed together which was more comfortable. Shower is powerful would recommend and use again. Did request a higher floor at the time of booking but think with the concert being on the hotel would have been full so was allocated the first floor and couldn't move but staff did say sorry.

Room Tip: ask for higher floor with views and some of the double rooms are two singles pushed together the pro...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your review of your recent stay I am very pleased to hear you like our vibrant colour scheme, and our facilities. I do apologize that you did not get the floor you requested, as far as the hotel can we do honor requests for room types and floors, I am very pleased to hear the team dealt with the issue very professionally and efficiently.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Stayed for 1 night while on a business trip to Manchester. I didn't really stay long enough to be able to review it properly, but judging by the comfortable bed and the decent breakfast I'd say it's very good. And if they had not done that annoying thing of charging for the premium internet connection (the standard connection is free, but not great if having to send emails with attachments) then I probably would have said it was great.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review of the hotel on your recent visit, I am very pleased to hear you had a good experience with the hotel and the facilities we provide. Thank you for your comments regarding the internet, which is noted and will be reviewed.
I hope the internet issues will not deter you from using the hotel again and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit Manchester.