“A wonderful, faultless stay, thanks you so much! :-)”

Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre
Ranked #39 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Carnforth, United Kingdom
“A wonderful, faultless stay, thanks you so much! :-)”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stayed with hubby on evening of 21/09/13, were attending a Concert, and celebrating my Birthday and our Wedding Anniversary. As an unexpected and lovely gesture Park Inn upgraded us to a Suite, which was very special and very much appreciated(and free!).
Location was perfect, right near the Arena and close to all the great shops and eateries too.
The suite we stayed in, 401, was very spacious, luxurious, modern and simply perfect.
Ordered late night food in room which came swiftly, was delicious, and piping hot. Same to be said for the wonderful breakfast, the best we have had in any hotel we have stayed in, and we have stayed in a number of 5star hotels. The amenities were great, lovely pool, spa etc, very peaceful and relaxing without making you feel out of place.
We will DEFINATELY be returning, and would love to thank all of the great staff we encountered for making our stay so pleasurable.

Room Tip: Suite 401 was lovely, spacious, clean, and luxurious
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us, Congratulations on your Wedding anniversary and your birthday. I am very pleased that you spent it with us and the team made it that little bit more special for you both. I am glad that you enjoyed all our facilities during your stay and they all met your expectations.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time your plans bring you to Manchester.

Neil

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2013

perfect location for Arena. Cheap parking nearby. good restaurant , excellent bar. Superb rooms and wonderful shower. Helpful check-in staff. If you sign up for free rewards card you get discount in retaurant.

Room Tip: higher the better
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with the hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had an excellent journey from check in to check out enjoying our facilities. I am also very pleased you have joined our Club Carlson rewards scheme for the discount ranging from 5-15% to be used in any Radisson property worldwide and to collect points on accommodation and food on each stay which can be used against accommodation the more points you earn, all the details are on the Club Carlson website on benefits for our valued members.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future when your plans bring you back to Manchester.

Skipton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stayed here as it seemed the best value for money in Manchester as we had theatre tickets and it was fine - just a standard big, impersonal hotel. There were quite a few hen parties there but that wasn't really a problem. Breakfast was very good. Pool was small but nice to have. Sauna and steam room also good. The place is walking distance into the centre of Manchester and parking was £12 for 24 hours which was okay.

Next time I think I'd stay somewhere more in the centre of Manchester that perhaps had a bit more personality to it. Manchester itself was brilliant!

1 Thank Hemy18
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with the hotel, I am deeply sorry you felt the hotel was impersonal. We at the hotel strive to make sure each guest has a personal and unique service from our team. Your feedback is much welcomed as all our valued guests that leave feedback we at the hotel take it with the highest priority and we can use this as a training tool for the future.
I do hope this would not deter you from staying with the hotel again and we would look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Manchester.

Pontefract, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Stayed here when I went to the Phones 4 U Arena to see Joe Bonamassa 21.9.13. Since this is TRIP Advisor, first things first. Travelling from Yorkshire (Castleford) to Manchester Victoria by train was the perfect way to reach a location which was ideal for hotel, train and venue. In good weather the journey across the Pennines was a pleasure. Fascinating to see the sometimes precariously perched houses and the mills, works and warehouses which no sprang up during the area's industrialisation. Chimneys, church towers and spires sprang up regularly, some fighting to break the canopy of trees, some massive and looming as we passed close by. Some lovely, rugged scenery.

The hotel is literally across the road from the station. 5 minutes walk. Friendly greeting from the reception staff who booked us in without hassle and reeled off the facilities. I asked for a bucket of ice as we left the desk. It arrived more or less as we did on the 6th floor.
The room is pretty much generic for a hotel of this age, in this price bracket. L - shaped sleeping space, accommodating the bathroom / W.C., then a desk arrangement with tea / coffee making facilities, etc. Floor to ceiling window - scary for a big girls blouse like I am when it comes to heights. Good view though. Facilities were good and reasonably on par with similar places I have stayed. Shower was good, bed comfortable apart from my one gripe - it was the 2 singles pushed together arrangement, I have heard of but never encountered.

Had dinner in the restaurant. Service was good enjoyed the food. Fries were exceptional, good beef burger. I don't recall the price but I doubt it was cheap! Bar was friendly, visited before and after the concert. There is an outdoor seating area which leads off the bar. It is surrounded by 15 - 18 storey apartments, with landscaped gardens and fountains, which take nothing away from the experience.

Breakfast, again, was about on par for this standard of hotel. Nothing missing that I would have wanted. Small complaint was that the air - con was quite cool and my cooked breakfast cooled down more quickly than I would have liked. Again the staff were attentive and friendly.

Overall, had a very pleasant stay and will no doubt book again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with the hotel, I am glad you had such a good experience during your stay, please be assured that your praise will be passed over to our food and beverage manager to pass out to the team. I am very pleased to hear that service throughout the hotel has been to your satisfaction and the ambience and location has met with your approval.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you are in Manchester.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

I stopped here on business for 5 nights and was very impressed.
Lovely clean rooms, be warned there is no socket by the bed so charging electronic goodies is a pain (pet hate of mine)
Great breakfast. But I was not hugely impressed with the food in the evening, if the restaurant is busy, it does seem to decline in quality!

It is great to have a gym and swimming pool at this price point.

The staff could not be more helpful or polite.

I would be happy to return...even spending my own money!

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with the hotel, I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry to hear the issues with the issues in the restaurant; your comments will be passed over to the food and beverage manager to address with the team to improve the service.
I am also very happy to hear that you will be returning to the hotel the next time you are in Manchester for which we will look forward to welcoming you back t the hotel.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed in this hotel for two nights for a Kings of Leon concert. It was really handy and two minute walk away from the arena. The room was big and the bed huge. I think the windows were sound proofed and therefore very quiet. The breakfast was really good.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andie-19
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay along with an enjoyable night at the arena. We make every effort to ensure that all our rooms provide a comfortable, clean and welcoming environment to all our valued guests, and it very pleasing to hear that we are achieving this.
I will make sure the comments on breakfast are passed over to the food and beverage manager to pass out to the team.
I look forward to welcoming you back t the hotel next time you are in Manchester.

yorkshire
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Stayed here with my husband for just one night after we went to see Leonard Cohen at the Arena. The staff were friendly and efficient. The room was clean and well appointed, the bed was enormous and very comfortable. The bathroom was very clean apart from the sink surround which had a large (very noticeable) sticky mark on the front. After the gig it seemed like half the Arena was staying in the hotel and the bar staff were slightly struggling to cope but otherwise all went very smoothly. There is a pool, gym and spa which we did not use but by the succession of bathrobe clad people in the lift they are very popular. The breakfast buffet was tasty and plentiful. We got the room for half price via one of the many 'bargain room' websites, this price did not include breakfast which we paid for on arrival at £10 each. Recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank YorkshireLivvy
Thank you for your review about your recent stay with us, I am very pleased to hear the team here made an impression on your stay, We make every effort to ensure that all our rooms provide a comfortable, clean and welcoming environment to all our valued guests and I am very pleased to hear we achieved this.
I am delighted that you found the hotel value for money and our service was up to standard.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Manchester.