“Weeknight Manchester business stay”

Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre
Ranked #38 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed at the Park Inn for one night on business in mid November 2013 as I was visiting the Co-operative head office, which is a five minute walk away. The room was booked by my company, and check in was easy, despite me being part of a larger group. The room was basic, but still fairly stylish, and it was very clean. There was a flat screen TV, a hairdryer and tea and coffee making facilities. The room was booked as a twin, but it actually had two single beds pushed together so the bed was huge! The bathroom again was very clean, no bath, but that's not really important to me on a business stay. The hotel was very quiet and I slept soundly, no disturbances or outside noise. The hotel has free wi-fi throughout which is great. The breakfast was OK - the hot food could possibly have been replenished a little more frequently as things were running out and weren't being replaced and I didn't have time to wait around. The staff were helpful, allowing my colleagues and I to store our bags in the office whilst we attended our meeting which was really helpful. I would recommend this hotel for business travellers, but also if you're looking for somewhere comfortable to base yourself if you are spending time in Manchester for leisure.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with at the hotel and were able to enjoy the location and facilities on offer.

I am very sorry to hear that your experience with breakfast was not to the standard you expected. The team do endeavour to deliver both a friendly and timely service to all our guests and I am disappointed to hear on this occasion the team failed to meet these standards. Please be assured that all our guests are of utmost priority and I do apologize if this wasn’t portrayed. I have passed your feedback on to the Food and Beverage Manager to address with the team and re train where necessary.

I will look forward to welcoming you back when your travels next bring you to the area.

There are newer reviews for Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed at Park inn by Radisson for 5 nights as a base of exploring the northwest of England. Before I made the reservation, I checked out the reviews here and found the manager always reply every review patiently and friendly, which made me choose here because I really appreciate the working style and attitude of the kind.

The staff at reception was very nice, giving us welcoming greetings at arrival. And the room we got met my special request when booking, quiet, spacious, on a higher floor and has a nice view over the surrounding neighbourhood (really appreciate the ceiling floor windows!!!). And the still water and snack were offered everyday.

The only thing which could be fault was about breakfast, a great range of choice but the taste was a little basic. And the staff in the breakfast bar were always busy with cleaning the table and ignored the guests who were having breakfast. It happened all the time during our stay that we were asked whether need coffee or tea when having almost finished the breakfast.

I know finding an appropriate hotel is always a tough task in Manchester, especially when the clubs have home game. Compared to others, Park inn have a nice and convenient location, friendly staff and manager but the breakfast service need improvement.

Room Tip: ask for the rooms at a higher floor

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Myself and my partner stayed there this weekend for 2 nights.. The room was spacious, very clean and the bed was honestly the most comfortable bed ever!!

Its a 10 minute walk into the shopping area, 10 minute walk from the MEN arena and also 5 minute walk to Manchester Victoria station

The food in the restaurant was reasonably priced and tasted great!

I'd recommend it!!

Reviewed 15 November 2013

LOCATION
Spot on. Especially when visiting the Phones4u arena! A 10 minute walk to Arndale Centre and other shops.

ROOMS
Average. I was a little let down by the quality of the rooms, I was expecting more for what we paid. We booked a king size room, upon arrival the bed was not king size. We phoned reception only to find out there were no other king size beds left. Also, there is only a shower in the rooms, no bath.

CLEANLINESS
The hotel was very clean. Nothing to complain about.

SERVICE
All staff we spoke with were very friendly and helpful.

PARKING
Only the NCP across the road for the arena is available. Guests at the hotel receive discount so 24hours cost us around £14.

OVERALL OPINION
Great for quick overnight stays when visiting the arena, however the quality of the rooms is like a Travel Lodge, so be prepared.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Thank you for your review, I am very pleased you found the location of the hotel convenient to your needs while in Manchester.
I am very disappointed to hear you did not find our rooms up to the standard you expected, the hotel does provide rooms with baths and are available on request at the time of booking. I would like the opportunity to make this right for you on any future bookings you have with the hotel, please feel free to contact me on the below number and I will happily add the relevant notes to your booking for you.
I am very pleased to hear the team and the service you received during your stay with us was of the standard you expected, and I will ensure your feedback is passed over to the team.
On behalf of the team at the Park Inn I would like to thank you for your business and I will look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Manchester

Regards,
0161 8326565

Reviewed 8 November 2013

This was our second stay at the Radisson Park Inn, prior to our arrival we had a couple of queries which were answered promptly and very efficiently by Katrina in Reservations. All of the staff in this hotel are very friendly and helpful and a credit to the Radisson group.

The food in the hotel is excellent, great choice of breakfast & our room service order was processed quickly and the food delicious and excellent value for money. We were visiting Manchester to shop in the city centre, great location, just under 10 minutes walk to Harvey Nichols. We look forward to staying at this hotel again in the near future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TOBSTERCumbria
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Stayed here in July 2013, as seeing a gig at the MEN.
Very average Hotel, was really surprised how basic the room was. I'd booked a twin as was with my sister, the room reminded me of a basic travel lodge.
Bathroom was awful and the shower leaked constantly and all over the floor so was really slippy.
Slept awfully due to someone having an argument and trying to kick a door in a few rooms away (not the Hotels fault). I reported this as was concerned.
Breakfast was good and the staff very helpful who we're working breakfast.
Was offered a free upgrade next time we stay, due to the disruption but when I contacted the Hotel with upgrade offer email I have never heard back.....surprisingly.
Good for MEN as it's literally minutes away but I would not stay again as way too basic for me, I prefer somewhere with more comfort and elegance. Suppose it's a cheap option although saying that there are much better hotels in Manchester for lower prices.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marina P

Thank you for your review and for raising concerns regarding your experience on your stay at
the Park Inn Manchester City Centre. I am very sorry that your stay did not meet with your satisfactions and offer my sincere apologies.
We make every effort to ensure that all our rooms provide a comfortable, clean and welcoming environment to all our valued guests and on this occasion we have failed to meet those standards, I assure you that your experience isnt representative of our usual standards.
I am very sorry to hear you were disturbed during your stay from other guests within the hotel and thank you for rasing your concern at the time for the team to take appropriate action.
Please be assured that your comments regarding the shower have been passed over to our maintanance team to rectify.
I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed our buffet style hot and continetal breakfast, and you found the team to be helpful during your dining experience.

I would like the opportunity to be able to make it right for you, If you would like to contact the hotel directly on the number below so I can make every effort to ensure your next visit with us will restore your faith in the hotel and the brand.

Regards,
0161 8326565

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Easy check in.Nice room,comfortable bed,great breakfast.Good location.
Only downside is no parking on site.
Parking in MEN arena is expensive but at least it is close bye.
I will definately stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Neil_Raw, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013