“Clean, good amenities but parking concerns”

Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre
Ranked #39 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Calgary, Canada
“Clean, good amenities but parking concerns”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Check in was smooth and the welcome was warm. The room was well appointed and spacious for a downtown UK hotel. Despite overlooking the main road I did not suffer from a noise issue.

I did however suffer in trying to park. This is my fault, the place is right by Victoria Station so I should have used the train. I especially should have after driving on Deansgate for 35 minutes to travel 1 mile!! Even so finding a parking lot is not easy due to a lack of signage.

The pool, hot tub, steam and gym are very impressive and well used by hotel and members alike. Room service was quick at 1am (post concert munchies) and I had a good sleep here. I would stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for your review, I am delighted you found the hotel and our location convenient for your needs during your visit to Manchester.

I am sorry to hear you had issue finding the NCP that the hotel recommends to our guests. I am delighted to hear you we able to take full advantage of the facilities the hotel has to offer during your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when your plans bring you back to Manchester.

Neil

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Stopped here for one night with my partner on the 16th November for the Manchester Markets. We parked on the car park across the road, which was fine I think it's £12 for 24 hours which isn't bad. We arrived at 1:15pm to be told that there were no rooms available until 2pm which was fine so we left our bags with the hotel and went into the City. It was a 5/10 minute walk into the City which wasn't to far from everything and arrived back at around 7:30pm. Check-In was fine, we were given our bags back and stopped in a room on the second floor. The rooms were nice, you did only get one pillow each which was a bit harsh I thought, also didn't get any water in the room. The beds were really comfy and there was no noise from traffic or people coming in late which was great. The curtains are black out curtains and l must admit I did have a really good nights sleep there. Check out was 12 noon as well which was good, the room was clean and tidy, shower was good and overall it was a good place to stay. I didn't have breakfast or a meal in the hotel so can't comment on that. Would l stop here again as a base into the City, probably so it was worth the money. I booked the room through Hotwire.com which gives you discounted rooms at hotels but you don't know which hotel you are going to stop at until you book.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Great location smart rooms and one of the cleanest I have been in free wifi the only downfall to this hotel is the parking charged at a discounted price of £12 in MEN arena right opposite staff are great and helpful
No noise from the road outside or passers by

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Hornchurch Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

Stayed there 5th November for one night. Good hotel and excellent breakfast. Going back next week on business for 4 nights so can recommend it.
HOWEVER, I left my i phone charger there so e mailed to ask about it, no reply. I phoned and left my name and number and housekeeping promised to call me back. No reply. Very disappointed with no reply but am back there Sunday 25th November so might get an answer then.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Debtel007

I am very sorry to hear that you had difficulties over your query over your lost property item. If you would like to contact the hotel direct on the number below and I will be able to follow up and rectify for you

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, overall a very nice stay. Close to the arena which was great as we went to manchester for a concert. The breakfast was lovely, lots of choice available. The reception staff were helpful and polite and looked after our luggage for us after we had checked out. The only minor detail I would mention is that the maid did not replenish the tea and coffee in the room. Overall a very pleasant stay, would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
I am very pleased you found the team to be helpful during your stay with us, and you were able to enjoy our buffet style breakfast during your visit.
I am sorry to hear that your tea and coffee supplies were not replenished during your stay, please be assured that your comments have been passed over to our Housekeeping Manager to address with the team and re-train where necessary.
On behalf of the team at the Park Inn I would like to thank you for your business and I will look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Manchester

Royal Wootton Bassett, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

I have been staying regularly at Park Inn Manchester over the last couple of years and am always very happy with my visits to this increasingly popular hotel. The staff are very courteous and attentive and bar and restaurant service is always prompt and professional. The public hotel areas and bedrooms are always very clean and mainatained to a high standard. I am confident in recommending the hotel to friends for shopping and concert trips to Manchester as well as colleagues on business.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your review, I am delighted to hear you find your visits to the hotel to a consistently high standard. I am very pleased to hear that you find the team at the hotel attentive and professional during each visit.
On behalf of the team at the Park Inn I would like to thank you for your business and I will look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

Booked a one night stay to take in a concert at the Phones 4 you arena and some Christmas shopping. Ideal location as only a 5 minute walk from the venue and a 10 minute walk back into the centre of the city. Even quicker obviously by taxi if you are feeling lazy. The staff were very friendly and informative on arrival about the hotel and easiest ways to get around the city etc. The room was on the fourth floor. The first thing you noticed was the cleanliness of everything,ie, bedding was fresh and clean, the bathroom was spotless and had a sort of wet room feel to it. Shampoo,shower gel was provided in handy dispensers attached in the bathroom so you don't need to take your own. Tea and coffee was plentiful for a one night stay also. With it being in a built up business area of the city you are close to office buildings etc so don't expect wonderful views. Even then the rooms do feel private as they have very adequate blinds and excellent black out curtains so no light is in the room when you are sleeping. After a comfortable nights sleep the breakfast was excellent with a large selection from a continental type if you are a light eater to a very hearty full English of which all was fresh and plentiful. Also a large selection of juices and breads were available. The bar was also very good with friendly staff and prompt service as it was very busy when we were there. Bar prices were reasonable and on par with a lot of the city centre bars so no complaints there. The only very slight negative from my wife's point of view was the shared toilets on the ground floor. Obviously after a night out and an unsteady man using the loo as a female you don't want to be following that if you know what I mean but that is a very minor thing. The check out time was also a very generous midday so you don't have to rush from your room in the morning. Overall a great stay and would definitely use again. Great stay!!!

Room Tip: Room 444 at the end of the corridor and very quiet!!!