“Hotel was ok”

Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre
Ranked #41 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Hotel had great location for M.E.N we paid £185 for our room and I thought that was a bit steep for what we got. We paid for a king double and it was 2 beds pushed together, the carpets had a few marks and there was no bath in the room. It's not terrible by any stretch, I suppose I just wanted more for my money.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Elisabeth S
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Thank you for your review, We make every effort to ensure that all our rooms provide a comfortable, clean and welcoming environment to all our valued guests and on this
occasion we have failed to meet those standards, I assure you that your experience isn’t representative of our usual standards. Please be assured that your comments have been passed to our Housekeeping Manager for review and retrain the team where appropriate.

With regards to your comments with the bed, the hotel caters for every eventuality therefore some of our rooms have zip and link beds; we do have queen size beds available on request at the time of booking which may suit your requirements better. The hotel has also invested in mattress toppers to ensure a comfortable night’s sleep for our valued guests.

On behalf of the team at the Park Inn I would like to thank you for your business and I will look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Manchester.

Neil

Write a ReviewReviews (2,274)

Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

Booked months in advance and paid in full for a gig at the MEN, mostly due to the convenient location as we knew we'd not be arriving until shortly before the gig started. We arrived to check in around 6.30pm to be told that the hotel had overbooked and that we'd been moved to another hotel on the other side of Manchester. Offered a free taxi to and from the venue, but this would have resulted in us missing the start of the gig. After asking to speak to the manager a room magically became available and we were checked in within minutes.

The whole situation added completely unnecessary stress after a long drive and spoiled the trip for us somewhat - if there are rooms available why make us fight for it? For those who end up in the same situation - I'd highly recommend making a fuss as it worked for us.

In more general terms, the hotel and room was fine, but we won't be booking with Radisson again. When I book a hotel I want to know I'm actually going to get what I'm paying for without needing to complain for the privilege.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank CharlotteM85
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Thank you for your review, I am deeply disappointed to hear of the issues you encountered on check in on Saturday 30th November. Please be assured that this is not representative of our usual standards, Please be assured that your comments have been passed to our Front Office Manager to fully investigate the issue with room allocation and the miss communication between the hotel and yourselves, The hotel make every effort to ensure that we provide a welcoming environment to all our valued guests and on this
occasion we have failed to meet those standards.

I would like the opportunity to be able to make it right for you. If you would like to contact the hotel direct on the number below it would be a pleasure to personally discuss this matter and offer a solution for you to be able to restore your faith in the hotel and the brand.

Neil,
0161 832 6565

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We stayed here in November 2013 for 2 nights. Really enjoyed our stay hotel is very close to the city centre, shops & nightlife. We used the Leisure Facilities during our stay found the pool, sauna, steam room great really quiet later at night and clean, staff very helpful. Breakfast was good with plenty of choice help yourself buffet including full fry up if you choose. Found the rooms really quiet with no noise from outside, very clean & good powerful showers. Staff very helpful & friendly.

Room Tip: We chose a higher floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you for your review, I am delighted you found the hotel and our location convenient for your needs during your visit to Manchester.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when your plans bring you back to Manchester.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I booked this hotel for a one-night stay in Manchester with my partner through Expedia and up to the very last minute I was positive I had booked the Premier Inn. Anyway, we had a very nice stay overall.
The hotel is located about 10 minutes away by foot from Victoria train station, which is perfect if you are coming from Leeds as there are direct services between the two stations. You can even see it from outside the station, so it's not difficult to find at all. The overall atmosphere is classy but quirky. Our room was very big and nicely decorated and the bathroom was quite large too. The bed was comfortable and we couldn't fault the hotel on cleanliness. We could hear our neighbours from the corridor, but once inside the room it was actually ok and we had a sound night's sleep.
Breakfast was also fairly decent, with plenty of hot food for both British and more continental tastes. The offer included yogurts, cereals, pastries and the ever present fried English breakfast.
Staff was overall very nice and attentive. Prices are also in the norm, with a double room on a Saturday night charged at just over £100.
If we ever need to stay in Manchester again, this would be one of the first choices.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I didn't stay over just booked a mini spa day from their website. Bargain only 19 pounds, use of the facilities and treatment. I got the hot stone massage was great. Definately a great deal. Great customer service, clean, and everyone was friendly.

• Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Lovely hotel, very quite. Have been every year for the past 5 years, but very dissapointed when returned to our room to find a carrier bag of shopping missing. Told reception who apologised and offered to pay for the shopping. Was not bothered about that, more concerned with what else could have been taken. You should be able to have a break away and not worry about the maids going in your room!

Room Tip: Great pool and sauna area
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Amanda T
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Thank you for your review, I am very sorry to hear of the issues you encountered during your stay with us, please be assured that this is not representative of our usual standards. The safety and security of all our valued guests within the hotel is upmost priority and the team endeavourer to ensure that our guests are kept safe and comfortable throughout their stay. I am very pleased to hear that the team dealt with your concern in a timely manner. Please be assured that all allegations are taken very seriously and fully investigated and this matter has been passed over to our Housekeeping Manager and Rooms Division Manager to fully investigate this matter and retrain the team where necessary.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoy the Park Inn Manchester City Centre and the facilities the hotel has offer during your visits to us.
I sincerely hope that this particular stay does not deter you from returning to the Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

First time stay at the hotel, 2 nights away on business.
Mission and a half to find and even more so to park.... But great check in, room service was swift, bedrooms great.
Breakfast seems to be a very busy time, service was slow but everyone was polite and friendly.
Not a city centre hotel, but great alternative and right near the Arena.
Would come back but not ideal for needing to be right in the town centre.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Thank you for your review, I am sorry to hear you had difficulty in finding the hotel and the NCP parking the hotel recommends to our guests.
I am very pleased to hear that once you arrived to the hotel you were able to enjoy the facilities the hotel has to offer.
I am sorry to hear you found the service slow during breakfast service, The team do endeavor to deliver both a friendly and timely service to all our guests and I am disappointed to hear on this occasion the team failed to meet these standards. I have passed your feedback on to the Food and Beverage Manager to address with the team and re train where necessary.