“Good hotel, ok location, nice breakfast, nice room”

Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre
Ranked #38 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel was great. Very nice and clean.

Only 2 issues I had which were annoying.

I only stayed 1 night so normally housekeeping would come after I've checked out (c/out time at 12pm). But they turned up at 9am and woke me up. Then again at 11 when I was in the shower. And again at 11.30 as I was packing my bags. Very, very annoying. Seemed pushy.

Other issue - shower head only worked pointing at the wall!

Otherwise, good hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Thank you for your review, I am delighted you found the hotel and our location convenient for your needs during your visit to Manchester.

I am very sorry to hear that you were disturbed by housekeeping during your visit, please be assured that this not representative of our usual standards, I have passed your comments over to our Head Housekeeper to address with the team and re-train where appropriate.

In regards to your comment over the shower not functioning correctly, please be assured I have passed this over to our Chief Engineer to review the showers and rectify the issue.

On behalf of the team at the Park Inn I would like to thank you for your business and I will look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Manchester.

There are newer reviews for Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

I have stayed several times in the last few months and it has always been good. Very modern and spotlessly clean, lots of space and all the facilities you could need. Easy walk to city centre and lots of good shops bars and restaurants nearby. Will keep using this over others at a similar price as they dont offer the same standard of accommodation or service.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

Overall a great hotel, friendly staff, clean rooms and a good location. Although a little further from the city centre the hotel was perfectly located for a concert at the Manchester arena! I'd have to say great value for money and highly recommended...

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Only thing that is Phones 4U area across the road. Stayed hear for a concert last week and for the price we paid was awful. Check in took 3min as there was clearly not enough staff on the desk they all tired and were like robots. When we finally got to check in we asked to speak to the person who looks after the desk and go she is never hear. Was given a key and got next shouted at me. Poor girl. Room was ok once we found it. Did use the spa but looked nice and breakfast was fine nothing special. Check out was like check in AWFUL, I would be embarrassed to work there as there is clearly no support on that reception desk. My friends that stayed there too will be doing the same review and letter sent to there head office

1  Thank Kevin19778
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you for your review, I am very disappointed to hear of the issues you encountered during your visit to the hotel, I do apologize that you found the 3 minute delay with check in an inconvenience, the Front Office Manager and the Assistant Front Office Manager do anticipate the peak demand times for check in and endeavor to ensure this is adequately manned to ensure that the wait time is as short as possible however the Front Office team and myself also like to make sure that all our guests receive the same level of service and information during the check in process.

However, there is a Manager present during each shift that would of been able to assist with your request, and to fully support the Front Desk team.

I would like the opportunity to be able to discus your experience and welcome any suggestions you may have to increase my ability to better remedy your concerns, if you would like to contact me on the below number, I will look forward to your call.

0161 8326565

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Myself and 4 others stayed one night here as we're watching Calvin Harris and Tiesto at the Phones4U Arena cross the street, in one word this hotel is faultless, the room was spotless, it came everything you would need including tea and coffee set, hair dryer, a lot of towels and shampoos etc, the room also has a TV and safe standard. Our rooms consisted of a 2 and a 3 bed setup. Due to the concert that we were seeing finishing late we decided to order room service at about 1.00, consisting of a couple of pizzas which were of outstanding quality. In the morning we went down for breakfast and again we could not find a fault with it, everything you would want for breakfast was there including full English breakfast, hams, cheeses, cereals, seeds, tea, coffee and juices. The hotel itself is situated less than 2 minutes from the Phones4U Arena and less than 5 minutes from the Arndale shopping center and surrounding streets.

When I next go back to Manchester I will definitely be going back to this hotel

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

I am very pleased to hear you were able to utilize the room service optionon your return from the concert, and this was delivered in a timely manner for you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when your plans bring you back to Manchester.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

The hotel is very modern and functional which gives it a cold atmosphere and is furnished in a 'Habitat' style

The rooms are the same style and quite functional with a small flat screen TV, the whole room has a kind of premier lodge feel.

Please change the type of bed throw used, it holds bits of white linen which make it look unclean even if it is.

The leisure suite has nice big steam and sauna rooms but disappointingly no hot tub. The black tiled pool is striking but again the area has no soul.

Breakfast is hot or continental but is only of average quality.

Avoid the recommended NCP car park there are loads of cheaper 24hr ones nearby.

The hotel is handy for town and the arena is very close by.

Would we stay here again - probably not

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review, The Hotel strives to give a vibrant, friendly and welcoming environment for our guests to enjoy and relax during their stay with us. I am sorry to hear that the hotel did not meet with your expectations on arrival with us.
In regards to your comments over the bed throws, please be assured you comments have been taken on board.
With regards to the NCP the hotel recommends this particular car park with it being the most secure 24 hour car park in close proximity to the hotel with the added discount our valued guests receive from parking there.

I am delighted to hear you found the location of the hotel convenient for your needs while in Manchester.

I hope this particular stay does not deter you from returning in the future and I look forward to welcoming you back when your plans next bring you to Manchester.

Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

A nice enough hotel. Quite expensive for what it was. Parking was reasonable in ncp across the road. Check in okay. Room was lovely. Breakfast was okay. On Saturday night we had dinner in the hotel. It was okay, the service wasn't great although it was very quiet. We ordered 2 steaks. When they came without chips we queried this with the manageress who said that chips weren't included, my husband paid for another portion. When we went up to our room we found the menu and it said steaks included chips. My husband went back to speak to the manageress who said she would refund the money but it wasn't her fault. She couldn't be expected to know all of the ( limited menu). The swimming pool, sauna and steam room were nice. A nice enough hotel but too expensive for what it is. I would only stay there if I could get a better deal and I would not eat in the so called restaurant again. Also they were very mean with tea, coffee, water ect. Not replacing anything over the whole stay.

1  Thank Heywoodl
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Thank you for your review, I am sorry to hear of the issues you encountered when dining in the RBG restaurant. Please let me assure you this certainly isn’t representative of our usual standards. The team do endeavor to deliver both a friendly and timely service to all our guests and I am disappointed to hear on this occasion the team failed to meet these standards. Please be assured that all our guests are of utmost priority and I do apologize if this wasn’t portrayed. I am sorry to hear that your tea and coffee supplies were not replenished during your stay, please be assured that your comments have been passed over to our Food and Beverage Manager and Housekeeping Manager to address with the repective teams and re-train where necessary.