“Overnight stay”

Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre
Ranked #38 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Excellent overnight stay. We stayed for just the one night on a night out at the Manchester Arena. The hotel is in a great location for the venue being just across the road.
The service was great and we ate int he RGB bar and grill which was very good although a tad slow on this occasion, so we didn't get time for dessert pre the show.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lisajlb
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you for your review, I am delighted you found the hotel and our location convenient for your needs during your visit to Manchester.

On behalf of the team at the Park Inn I would like to thank you for your business and I will look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Manchester.

There are newer reviews for Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Booked this hotel due to its proximity to the concert arena ,and it is as stated literally across the road.
The outside of the hotel isn't very appealing looks more like an office block and on entering didn't find the reception area very inviting,although the receptionists were all very helpful and polite.
It wasn't a card entry lift which I found a little disturbing as the lifts are right opposite the entrance .
The room was ok although I found it a little depressing.
Breakfast was ok,.
Paid £75 for room with breakfast for a city centre hotel so couldn't complain.
The hotel seems to lack atmosphere,but if your looking for a descent hotel near to city centre and arena then this is ok.
No hotel parking but there is a NCP car park opposite which is a little pricey.
Prefer a Premier Inn.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Thank you for your review, I am delighted to hear that you found the location of the hotel suited your needs while in Manchester; I am also very pleased to find that you found the Front Desk Team to be helpful and polite during your stay with the hotel.
I am disappointed to hear that you found the decor of the hotel not to your liking, the hotel does endeavor to portray a vibrant and positive environment for all our valued guests, I am very sorry that this was not portrayed to you during your stay with us.
The safety and security is of the utmost priority of the hotel therefore regular security walks of the building are carried out to ensure the security of our guests while staying with the hotel.

I sincerely hope that this particular stay does not deter you from returning to the Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel was great. Very nice and clean.

Only 2 issues I had which were annoying.

I only stayed 1 night so normally housekeeping would come after I've checked out (c/out time at 12pm). But they turned up at 9am and woke me up. Then again at 11 when I was in the shower. And again at 11.30 as I was packing my bags. Very, very annoying. Seemed pushy.

Other issue - shower head only worked pointing at the wall!

Otherwise, good hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013

I am very sorry to hear that you were disturbed by housekeeping during your visit, please be assured that this not representative of our usual standards, I have passed your comments over to our Head Housekeeper to address with the team and re-train where appropriate.

In regards to your comment over the shower not functioning correctly, please be assured I have passed this over to our Chief Engineer to review the showers and rectify the issue.

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

I have stayed several times in the last few months and it has always been good. Very modern and spotlessly clean, lots of space and all the facilities you could need. Easy walk to city centre and lots of good shops bars and restaurants nearby. Will keep using this over others at a similar price as they dont offer the same standard of accommodation or service.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

Overall a great hotel, friendly staff, clean rooms and a good location. Although a little further from the city centre the hotel was perfectly located for a concert at the Manchester arena! I'd have to say great value for money and highly recommended...

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Only thing that is Phones 4U area across the road. Stayed hear for a concert last week and for the price we paid was awful. Check in took 3min as there was clearly not enough staff on the desk they all tired and were like robots. When we finally got to check in we asked to speak to the person who looks after the desk and go she is never hear. Was given a key and got next shouted at me. Poor girl. Room was ok once we found it. Did use the spa but looked nice and breakfast was fine nothing special. Check out was like check in AWFUL, I would be embarrassed to work there as there is clearly no support on that reception desk. My friends that stayed there too will be doing the same review and letter sent to there head office

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Kevin19778

Thank you for your review, I am very disappointed to hear of the issues you encountered during your visit to the hotel, I do apologize that you found the 3 minute delay with check in an inconvenience, the Front Office Manager and the Assistant Front Office Manager do anticipate the peak demand times for check in and endeavor to ensure this is adequately manned to ensure that the wait time is as short as possible however the Front Office team and myself also like to make sure that all our guests receive the same level of service and information during the check in process.

However, there is a Manager present during each shift that would of been able to assist with your request, and to fully support the Front Desk team.

I would like the opportunity to be able to discus your experience and welcome any suggestions you may have to increase my ability to better remedy your concerns, if you would like to contact me on the below number, I will look forward to your call.

0161 8326565

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Myself and 4 others stayed one night here as we're watching Calvin Harris and Tiesto at the Phones4U Arena cross the street, in one word this hotel is faultless, the room was spotless, it came everything you would need including tea and coffee set, hair dryer, a lot of towels and shampoos etc, the room also has a TV and safe standard. Our rooms consisted of a 2 and a 3 bed setup. Due to the concert that we were seeing finishing late we decided to order room service at about 1.00, consisting of a couple of pizzas which were of outstanding quality. In the morning we went down for breakfast and again we could not find a fault with it, everything you would want for breakfast was there including full English breakfast, hams, cheeses, cereals, seeds, tea, coffee and juices. The hotel itself is situated less than 2 minutes from the Phones4U Arena and less than 5 minutes from the Arndale shopping center and surrounding streets.

When I next go back to Manchester I will definitely be going back to this hotel

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

I am very pleased to hear you were able to utilize the room service optionon your return from the concert, and this was delivered in a timely manner for you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when your plans bring you back to Manchester.