Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre
Ranked #40 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
“city break”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

ideal location when visiting the arena,prebook carparking across the road in ncp multistory carpark.
within walking distance of the arena and shopping centre and plenty of places to eat.
also suitable when using the train,just a tram ride away to the station.
Breakfast in the hotel is value for money and friendly,helpful staff.

Room Tip: rear facing looking over fountain front facing office block,amusing watching the workers.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gleadle
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Thank you for your review, I am delighted you found the hotel and our location convenient for your needs during your visit to Manchester.

I am very pleased you found the team to be helpful during your stay with us, and you were able to enjoy our buffet style breakfast during your visit.

On behalf of the team at the Park Inn I would like to thank you for your business and I will look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Manchester

Guest Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Llandudno, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed here as we were seeing Jack Whitehall at the Phones for you arena. There is a pay and display car park at the rear of the hotel but we didn't realise this until we were already in the hotel. We parked on the Phones for you multi-storey car park which is literally just over the road from the hotel. You hand your ticket into to reception to get discounted parking.
The hotel is very smart and clean, check in is efficient. There is a bar area and a restaurant on site.
Our room was spotlessly clean, spacious, comfortable with air conditioning, iron, a safe and a proper hairdryer, complementary toiletries, ample tea, coffee and milk. also biscuits.The bed was very large and comfortable, but only one pillow each, but this can be sorted by contacting housekeeping that are pre keyed into the phone, as is reception and room service.
We had a few drinks in the bar area which is lovely and has an outside seating area, then we went round to the restaurant area to eat. Lovely food, fast service and good value.
Would highly recommend this hotel. There is a spa but we didn't have time to use it so can't comment, also there was a buffet style breakfast for £10 but we also didn't use this.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Stockton-on-Tees, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I stayed here recently as part of a three day business conference and honestly, I was quite appalled. Thankfully none of my own money was spent on booking here or I would be furious. Firstly, the bar is extortionate. £4 for a pint of coke is absolutely disgusting and far too expensive. You knew most of our conference are students and still charged such high prices. Secondly the room wasn't great. The windows are HUGE big slabs of glass which don't open and so if you're asthmatic like me - it can be a problem. I found blood on my sheets (hidden by the runner), and my bed was 2 beds put together however there was a ridge in the middle as one was much higher than the other. There was no plugs near the bed at all which was a pain and meant I had to trail chargers across the room. The saving grace of the room was the bathroom which was spotless and the shower was excellent however it leaks a lot so put some towels down. I was told towels were provided for the pool, however when i received mine it was grubby and actually had holes. I used this for my hair and threw my dress on returning to my room still wet. On the second night I used the hair-dryer and it electrocuted me. On telling reception I was told they would swap it, no apology, no offer of a free drink or anything for the fact that I had been ELECTROCUTED just "we'll swap it". Rude. My hand is still tingling and I was promised a call from your manager which I still haven't received. The staff mostly ran around not really doing much, with huge queues constantly forming in the reception and it taking ages to get served. The only good member of staff was a barman with a ponytail who was absolutely lovely and made me an excellent (6.50) cocktail, oh and a couple of young lads who packed up the function room and kindly let us stay there longer.
On the plus side, breakfast was really nice (although if it wasn't free i'm not sure i'd of paid for it), the pool was beautiful and the venue had brilliant accessibility which is very important as I am disabled. Not sure I would come back anytime soon!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank TattooedCatLady
Skipton
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Just booked a meal there whilst our daughter went to a gig at the Arena. Starters of bruschetta and Calamari were OK, but burgers were disappointing - more like Birds Eye than gourmet. Went to bar after, only to witness some woman comatose at the bar, left sitting above her own vomit. Staff made no attempt to help her, or in fact clean up after her. Truly gross. Won't be visiting again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank RMousdale
Hatfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I called this hotel at 1am needing somewhere to stay fast! They told me they had immediate availability so I checked right in! The reception was a large, clean and modern affair with very professional staff manning the desk.
Booking and check-in lasted about 10 minutes then by half past I was tucked up in one of the comfiest beds I've ever felt! The room was spacious, really well equipped and beautifully decorated. After a stressful day I had an amazing sleep and woke up refreshed.
A couple of hours was not enough and I am planning to re-visit Manchester for a long weekend. I will be staying here for the room, the luxury and the convenient location.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this review, 10 March 2014

Blackburn
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We only stayed one night for a concert. All the staff were very friendly. We had lunch in the restaurant which was nice, not a big menu but enough for lunch. Breakfast was ok, although I always find buffet breakfasts average. They did have a nice range of cooked and continental. The rooms were comfortable and clean, with a small kettle and tea and coffee. The best thing was we were right over the road from The Phones 4u arena and in walking distance from Manchester Victoria train station. I would definitely go back and recommend to friends.

• Stayed March 2014

UK
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Great hotel; lovely, friendly informative staff, good bar with a decent cocktail menu and reasonable prices and a slick restaurant. We didn't try the spa so can't comment. The rooms were very clean and modern and the hotel is in the perfect location for the arena - we were back in the bar 5 minutes after curtain down!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple