“Great customer service”

Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre
Ranked #37 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed in the park inn as I had broken down and was awaiting a mechanic. I had lunch in the restaurant/bar downstairs and have to say the service was outstanding. As I was stuck waiting without a car, the waitress Ana.B went out of her way to get me directions and contacts for every mechnic she knew of in the area and brought me drinks and refreshments whilst continually checking if I was ok as I was feeling apprehensive about my car situation. Credit to Ana.B, this is the definition of awesome customer service. I most certainly will be back!

• Stayed: March 2014
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Thank you for your review, I am delighted you found the team to be helpful during your stay with us, and especially Ana, be assured I will pass your very positive feedback to her.

On behalf of the team at the Park Inn I would like to thank you for your business and I will look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Manchester

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We stayed one night recently when attending a concert at the MEN Arena to see Michael Buble. The hotel was very conveniently placed just across the road from the venue which was ideal.

The hotel itself was modern, clean and had spacious rooms with a comfortable double bed. The room was well appointed with a good size bathroom and there was the usual coffee making facilities, TV and room safe. WIFI came at an additional cost which is always frustrating.

The hotel had reasonable bar facilities and we ate in the hotel restaurant prior to the concert (restaurant bar and grill). The staff were very attentive especially in the restaurant and the food was satisfactory but not great.

In general, the facilities were fine for what we needed and convenient for the concert and I would recommend its location to anyone who is going to the MEN arena.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review, I am delighted you found the hotel and our location convenient during your visit to Manchester.

The hotel welcomes all feedback and is taken with the highest priority as this help us constantly review the service and standards delivered to our valued guests, please be assured that your comments have been passed on to the Management Team for review.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

My daughter and I stayed one night last week when we went to see Michael Buble at the Phones4U Arena. We thought the location was excellent - 2 minutes to the Arena and a slightly longer walk in to the centre of Manchester for shopping and restaurants. Our twin room was very clean and not a bad size for a city centre hotel and the shower was good with plenty of hot water (and pressure). We had a very good nights sleep, very comfortable beds and surprisingly quiet. There was lots of choice at breakfast although a slight negative was that the hot selection was a bit luke warm. Overall very good value for money and I would stay here again especially if using the Arena. Can't comment on the price of drinks or the quality of the restaurant as we did not use.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank chappers21

Thank you for your review, I am delighted you found the hotel and our location convenient for your needs during your visit to Manchester.

Thank you for your comments regarding your experience during breakfast service. The hotel welcomes all feedback from our valued guests to be used as a training tool to ensure our service standards are delivered to a consistently high standard at all times.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

If you use the hotel so that you have somewhere to stay while you are doing other things ( like going across the road to the Arena) it will do the job well.

Good reception, speedily handled, staff helpful at all times; room had a good bed, was very clean, with big walk in shower. Ice machines on every floor.

I suspect that if you want to treat it as your main attraction it will disappoint you, although it does have a pool and gym; there is a lot of people traffic in and out but not much else.

Didn't use the restaurant....why bother when there are loads in the Printworks, Arndale, Deansgate, etc within 5 mins walk.

1  Thank Dorsetblue

Reviewed 11 March 2014

ideal location when visiting the arena,prebook carparking across the road in ncp multistory carpark.
within walking distance of the arena and shopping centre and plenty of places to eat.
also suitable when using the train,just a tram ride away to the station.
Breakfast in the hotel is value for money and friendly,helpful staff.

Room Tip: rear facing looking over fountain front facing office block,amusing watching the workers.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gleadle

I am very pleased you found the team to be helpful during your stay with us, and you were able to enjoy our buffet style breakfast during your visit.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed here as we were seeing Jack Whitehall at the Phones for you arena. There is a pay and display car park at the rear of the hotel but we didn't realise this until we were already in the hotel. We parked on the Phones for you multi-storey car park which is literally just over the road from the hotel. You hand your ticket into to reception to get discounted parking.
The hotel is very smart and clean, check in is efficient. There is a bar area and a restaurant on site.
Our room was spotlessly clean, spacious, comfortable with air conditioning, iron, a safe and a proper hairdryer, complementary toiletries, ample tea, coffee and milk. also biscuits.The bed was very large and comfortable, but only one pillow each, but this can be sorted by contacting housekeeping that are pre keyed into the phone, as is reception and room service.
We had a few drinks in the bar area which is lovely and has an outside seating area, then we went round to the restaurant area to eat. Lovely food, fast service and good value.
Would highly recommend this hotel. There is a spa but we didn't have time to use it so can't comment, also there was a buffet style breakfast for £10 but we also didn't use this.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I stayed here recently as part of a three day business conference and honestly, I was quite appalled. Thankfully none of my own money was spent on booking here or I would be furious. Firstly, the bar is extortionate. £4 for a pint of coke is absolutely disgusting and far too expensive. You knew most of our conference are students and still charged such high prices. Secondly the room wasn't great. The windows are HUGE big slabs of glass which don't open and so if you're asthmatic like me - it can be a problem. I found blood on my sheets (hidden by the runner), and my bed was 2 beds put together however there was a ridge in the middle as one was much higher than the other. There was no plugs near the bed at all which was a pain and meant I had to trail chargers across the room. The saving grace of the room was the bathroom which was spotless and the shower was excellent however it leaks a lot so put some towels down. I was told towels were provided for the pool, however when i received mine it was grubby and actually had holes. I used this for my hair and threw my dress on returning to my room still wet. On the second night I used the hair-dryer and it electrocuted me. On telling reception I was told they would swap it, no apology, no offer of a free drink or anything for the fact that I had been ELECTROCUTED just "we'll swap it". Rude. My hand is still tingling and I was promised a call from your manager which I still haven't received. The staff mostly ran around not really doing much, with huge queues constantly forming in the reception and it taking ages to get served. The only good member of staff was a barman with a ponytail who was absolutely lovely and made me an excellent (6.50) cocktail, oh and a couple of young lads who packed up the function room and kindly let us stay there longer.
On the plus side, breakfast was really nice (although if it wasn't free i'm not sure i'd of paid for it), the pool was beautiful and the venue had brilliant accessibility which is very important as I am disabled. Not sure I would come back anytime soon!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business