“Nice hotel but not in the city centre of Manchester” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre
Ranked #39 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel but not in the city centre of Manchester”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Its a nice hotel, but its not really in the city centre of Manchester. Good and friendly reception. Good and large room, good and clean bathroom, good breakfast in a good coffee shop but nothing special.

1 Thank Gregorius S
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear Gregorius,

Thank you for your review, I am so sorry to hear that you did not find our location convenient for your needs while in Manchester.

I am delighted to hear that you found the team friendly and welcoming, and your bed room to be a good size with everything you would need provided for you.

I am gutted to hear you were not a fan of our breakfast; I have passed over your comments to our Executive Chef for review.

I hope this does not deter you from staying with us in the future and I hope to welcome you back.

Tom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mauchline, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

I had just finished a days work at the nearby office and couldn't want to get into my hotel to chill out. The check in experience was awful. The lady who checked me in first gave me a good looking up and down and then proceeded to begin the check in process. I was asked several short sharp questions in a very disrespectful tone. I had booked a king size room. I was told during check in that I was in a double room and when I asked to confirm it was a king size bed, well all I can say is that if looks could kill, I'd be 6ft under right now!

I got checked in and went up to the room and got myself sorted. The room looked very dated, I don't think it's been refurbished since the hotel opened. The runner on the bed was all bobbly like it had been well overused and needed replacing. The bedding was clean but all creased. The TV was small but did the job. The working desk was okay but the chair could have been more comfortable, defiantly not for doing work from for hours on end unless you wanted a really sore back. Decided to set up and access the free wifi. The free wifi is a complete scam - it's the slowest wifi ever - my 3G phone was 3 times as fast and being able to get 4G in Manchester they need to address this. The bathroom was clean, but looked like something you would get at the swimming pool rather than a hotel.

I went and had my evening out with friends at dinner and came home, got showered and climbed into bed. It was then that I realised that it wasn't a king size bed that I had. It was two single beds which were put together with a king size sheet and duvet. I could feel right down the middle of the bed where the two mattresses joined and it made for an extremely uncomfortable sleep. I could only sleep on one side of the bed unless I wanted to sleep on top of the annoying join in the middle!

I complained to the hotel via e-mail and was sent a letter through the door about my check-in experience. They didn't even try to address the issue with the bed.

I endured the rest of my stay, which I shouldn't have done as I wasn't getting the rest I needed. On the day of check out I was served by the same ill-mannered receptionist that had checked me in and either someone had mentioned to her about my complaint or she was just being herself but I got another disapproving look.

After my horrible experience here I will certainly not be back at this hotel. I would suggest the Premier Inn MEN Arena/Printworks as this hotel was going to be the same price, has excellent and friendly staff and the rooms have just been refurbished to a very high spec. 42" Flatscreen TV's, spacious rooms, bath and shower and proper kingsize beds!!

2 Thank st3w4rty_b01
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for your review in which you outline some issues you felt you encountered during your check in and checkout procedure. I would like to firstly apologize for the service you felt you received during check in and I have put further training in place to prevent further issues arising for check in.

I am sorry you were not able to personally discuss the issues during your stay with me, as I did request I would of been happy to assist in any way I could during your stay to ensure a satisfactory resolution to your issue with the bed, however the Front Desk team are available 24 hrs a day to be able to assist our valued guests with any quires that arise.
I have put a note on your profile to ensure you are allocated a queen size bed where possible on all future reservation with the hotel as this may suit your requirements better.

In regards to your check out experience, I am sorry to hear that you felt you received the same service, and I am sorry that you were not able to come to me personally at check out to be able discuss the issues raised.

I sincerely hope that this particular stay does not deter you from returning to the Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Stayed one night at the Park Inn last night. The staff were all lovely and incredibly helpful, especially as I had to change room as the first I checked in to stank of cigarette smoke. This wasn't a problem at all and I was quickly moved.

There wasn't anything wrong with the hotel at all but I wanted to warn people staying here that it isn't the safest area. Within 2 minutes of walking out of the hotel I was mugged by a youth on a bike who knocked me over and stole my phone. This was at 8pm in the evening and it wasn't even dark but there was nobody around. I'm not so sure it was an isolated incident but obviously I was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

The hotel itself is lovely with friendly staff but just be warned that it perhaps isn't so safe (especially as a single girl) and so make sure you keep everything hidden and in pockets when wondering around. I wasn't sure if I should write this review but if it helps one person then it's worth it!

3 Thank AIsaacs17
Dear Alsaacs,

Thank you for your review, Firstly I am very sorry to hear of the unfortunate incident you encountered on walking outside, and I sincerely hope you are ok and were not to shaken from the experience.

The Team here strive to deliver the best experience to all of our guests and I am delighted that they succeeded in being welcoming and friendly during your stay and that you were moved in a timely manner after finding your initial room smelt of smoke.

I hope that this incident does not deter you from returning to the hotel in the future and I will look forward to welcoming you back.

Tom
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Definitely a 4* hotel, I came with my son and his friend and we were welcomed by the receptionist who were very helpful.
I went down for breakfast the next morning and witnessed a old lady struggling to walk and one of the young ladies helped her walk and sat her down on the chair and even got her breakfast from the buffet for her. What a wonderful lady she is.

I would recommend this to my family and all my friends and you know you can be trusted by all the staff, thanks park inn manchester.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ryanwillows1
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Thank you for your review, I am delighted you found the hotel and our location convenient for your needs during your visit to Manchester.

The team here pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality service to all our valued guests and will endeavor to go the extra mile to ensure the guest is totally satisfied with their stay at the hotel. Please be assured I will pass over your very positive feedback to the team.

On behalf of the team at the Park Inn I would like to thank you for your business and I will look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Manchester

Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Fantastic hotel from check in to check out. Excellent facilities & values for money. The staff were amazing, nothing too much trouble. I highly recommend. 5 mins walk to the printworks & cheap parking opposite.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Absolutely loved this hotel. Service was fantastic. Room was beautiful and spacious and was very quiet. Stayed here for two nights to visit surrounding area. Walking distance to brillaint shopping, the printworks, and the Christmas Market. Hotel bar was wonderful, brilliant atmosphere and quite busy. Spa and pool was lovely and quiet. Got a good deal on the stay, would definitely come back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Lytham St Annes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

The hotel was very comfortable all the staff friendly and helpful and the food was excellent. The location is excellent as it is near the main venue in manchester and also very conveineant for shopping in the city centre and also the railway station.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family