“Second visit”

Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre
Ranked #37 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

This was our second visit to the hotel and we were not disappointed. Courteous staff, clean facilities and comfortable large bed. Use of the spa facilities is an added bonus.
We would definitely stay again on our next visit to Manchester.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Emma,

I am very pleased to hear that you found your second visit to the hotel as comfortable and the team to be as welcoming as your first visit.

I am delighted to hear you were able to take advantage of the gym and spa facilities within the hotel during your stay to help relax.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Manchester.

Tom

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Arrived and got free upgrade and free breakfast ! Room was lovely apart from the shower ! water flow awful!! breakfast was rubbish ! All cooked items were cold except sausages !! Cheap cheese !! Lovely yogurts and a good pot of tea ! Soooo glad we didn't pay for it !! Told waitress food was cold but that was that !!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie R
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Julie,

Thank you for your review, I am delighted you found the hotel and our location convenient for your needs during your visit to Manchester.

I am sorry to hear of the issues you experienced in the RBG. I have passed on your comments to the Head Chef in regards to the quality of the food so that we can investigate and improve.

Thank you for your comments regarding your experience during breakfast service. The hotel welcomes all feedback from our valued guests to be used as a training tool to ensure our service standards are delivered to a consistently high standard at all times. I have passed your comments over to our Food and Beverage Manager to review and address with the team and retrain the team where appropriate.

I sincerely hope that this particular stay does not deter you from returning to the Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Tom

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

To the proprietor of the establishment.

I was delighted to attend the charming city of Manchester and stay in this pleasing hotel. Upon my arrival I was greeted by a young whippet snapper whose names escapes me, such a nice fellow who made me and my dear mother feel most welcome. He had a scent of earl gray tea, that man has taste indeed.

During the evening we attended a celebration festival of youth in Asia, such a soul cleansing ceremony and we had such a gleeful night with laughs and good times. We came back not too late around the time of 23:30 and not after a few gin and tonics mind you. We had a lovely twin room and the features of the disabled rooms suited my dear mother just fine. She said the showers reminded her of the camps in Poland she spend some time in during her childhood.

I digress, as much as admired the hotel and staff we were awoken in the night by a noise what can only be described as cat being shoved in a box it did not want to go in. These noises were highly inappropriately especially with my mother in the room and I did make me blush I must say. Although we called reception and they did respect my call and dealt with this mater urgently this did not stop them. It was no more than 20 minutes later that the sound of rigid coitus started again. Well I knew at this moment in time there was not a dime I could do about it. After all no man likes to have his seed session disturbed. I do respect this is a hotel and this commodity will happen, after all my two sons Dick and Phillius would not he here today it was not for me wooing my now dear departed wife.

Sadly and like the girl in the next room this left a distasteful stain on ones visit, If I was alone I would not feel the need to go on and I would have just let the two young beloveds be. Aalst It was my frail mother who was left shaken by the sounds of macabre pleasure.

Kudos to the staff and we overall we did have a Jolly good time, just a damn shame about the hanky Panky, back in my day this would have been nipped in the bud rather speedily.

Respectfully yours

Lord Buzz Killington

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank Kenneth P
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear Kenneth,

Thank you very much for your review of the hotel, especially regarding the team who acted speedily to your call regarding the noise from the next room. I am sorry to hear that this action did not stop the couple next door throughout the night. I am very grateful for your understanding of the situation and appreciated the team’s effort to ensure you and your mother had a comfortable stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that your trip to Manchester was a successful one and found the room to be of a high standard for you both.

Be assured your very positive comments regarding the team have been passed over to the team who found your description very amusing.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Excellent place to stay in Manchester, very central for city centre. Room was clean and comfortable, very comfy bed. Large clean shower. Breakfast was good, hot with excellent choice, although scrambled egg not up to much

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alison M

Dear Alison,

Thank you for your review I am very pleased to hear that you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable for your stay in Manchester.

I am glad you found the range of items on offer on our breakfast buffet to your liking, however I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the scrambled egg, I have passed your feedback on to our Head Chef to address.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Clean , efficient well run hotel , pleasant staff and centrally located . Room are clean and bright and facilities are good. I have stayed in a number of city centre hotels in Manchester over the last seven years and would say for value for money and quality this would be in my top two hotels

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear Bill,

Thank you for your very positive review of the Park Inn Manchester City Centre, I am very pleased to hear that you have found the team to be welcoming and friendly during your stay.

I am delighted to hear that the hotel is in your top two hotels in Manchester and I hope that we will be your first choice in future.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Central location, convenient for shopping bus trams and trains. Friendly staff. The bedroom was clean with tea and coffee facilities plus a safe and the bed was very comfortable. No noise at night. Restaurant service for meals was poor. Breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Dear Richardberniea,

Thank you for your review on the hotel, I am glad you found the location of the hotel convenient while in Manchester, I am also glad you were able to enjoy the in room facilities the hotel has to offer.

In regards to your comments about the service in RBG, Please let me assure you this certainly isn’t representative of our usual standards. The team does endeavor to deliver both a friendly and timely service to all our guests and I am disappointed to hear on this occasion the team failed to meet these standards. Please be assured that all our guests are of utmost priority and I do apologize if this wasn’t portrayed.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on a future occasion.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

The Park Inn was okay to locate following the SATNAV, only the car park is across a busy road and the area to pull up outside the hotel is too small and annoyingly position on the main intersection – I had to do a lot of U-turns until I figured it out! I would recommend to anyone following their SATNAV, heading towards the hotel at the intersection to be in the middle lane and as it files to the right, you need to go straight on and almost up the curb into another building- it doesn't look right, but it is, if you get my meaning!

But when I eventually arrived the staff were friendly enough and as I’d prepaid, check-in was hassle free. As I had loads of bags due to work stuff, the receptionist gave me a trolley; however I wasn’t too sure if the staff were supposed to help us to the room or if we had to manage our bags ourselves, only some hotels have staff to help with the trolley, but this hotel didn’t. It’s not a big deal, as I am pretty independent, but it was just an observation.

The room was good enough; it looked new, as is the rest of the hotel, was very clean and had pretty much everything I needed, but although the air-con was on during the night, the room was still too hot. Perhaps the duvet was over-efficient! The shower was great too!

I ate in the restaurant for dinner and the food and service was really good; however the seafood Thai curry had too much salmon in it and as salmon is quite strong, it over powered the dish and I would have liked more prawns instead, but then again, that is my own personal taste. Although, the portion sizes of my starter and main course were very generous. The waitress on the other hand was really helpful and as I don’t know Manchester at all, she was very keen to offer me advice about getting around the city and gave me a map, which she marked key locations to be mindful of and any local attractions. I can't remember her name, but she is about 5ft 5in, mid length blond hair and smiley!

My only criticism about the hotel was that I noticed a lack of power sockets in the restaurant/bar etc. I needed to charge my phone and couldn’t find a socket nearby and should I have needed to use my laptop, there wouldn’t have been a safe and secure place to work and be connected at the same time. I think for a hotel that attracts people ‘on business’, it’s these attentions to detail that matter to some people.

Moreover, as I was too busy and was there for business, I didn’t use the swimming pool etc. The pool and all the facilities looked good; the pool even has black tiles for a different effect.

If I were to travel to Manchester and need a hotel in the future, I’d stay at the Park Inn again, merely as I know what to expect and not because it was amazing or anything, as in reality it is pretty much a standard hotel, but did the job!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lisa-Marie1980
Neil_Raw, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Manchester, City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for your review, The hotel welcomes all feedback and is taken with the highest priority as this help us constantly review the service and standards delivered to our valued guests, please be assured that your comments have been passed on to the Management Team for review. I am very pleased to hear you found the team to be very helpful and friendly during your stay with us and able to make you feel more comfortable while in Manchester. Please be assured that your feedback has been passed over to the team.

On behalf of the team at the Park Inn I would like to thank you for your business and I will look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Manchester

Guest Service Manager